Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Daytona Bikeweek Report - Joan Bryden

I thought I'd take some time to share my impressions of our trip to Daytona Beach Bike Week for Lamonster's Spyder F3 reveal of his build Triple Threat. We also got married on the beach during that time and I'll share some photos of our private beach ceremony.

We got to Daytona Beach late Thursday evening (3/5) after closing on our home Tuesday, working at Lamonster Garage installing final parts on Triple Threat, building and loading 3 new F3's, and heading out very late on 3/3 to try to beat an approaching ice and snowstorm. After driving 1100 miles in bad weather towing five Spyders in a trailer and arriving well past sunset, Lamonster wanted to unload our two F3's and ride. So we did! We headed up to Daytona to cruise the scene and get some dinner. Then we just had to ride down Main Street. The very next morning we jumped on our F3's and headed to the Courthouse for our marriage license application. Later that day it rained and Lamont wiped down the bikes and put the wet towel inside the frunk and thought nothing of it. The next morning he looked sick when he showed me what else was in the frunk. Yes, our marriage license now soaking wet with the return envelope glued shut against it. It didn't dry out the entire day so we made one last effort to save it. Lamonster may be the motorcycle expert but Wise came up with the idea to microwave it. When Lamont took it out of the microwave after 10 seconds to flip it over we both started laughing so hard we had tears rolling down our faces. But it worked!

We spent the first two days at the BRP Spyder F3 demo site at the rear of the racetrack and it was cold, windy, and raining. After that we were set up at the front of the track next to the Road Warrior tent and their custom Road Warrior Edition F3 for which you can still buy raffle tickets on the Road Warrior website. The weather was now warming up and while Lamonster showed his beautiful Triple Threat custom F3 I handled the overflow crowd with questions on the new F3 and other general Spyder questions. I own a 2011 RSS and 2013 RT Limited and consider myself a passionate owner and like Lamont I'm a longtime two wheel motorcycle rider so it's easy and fun answering the myriad of questions the Daytona bike fans present.

The last time I was at Daytona I was on two wheels and I wondered this time how the Spyders would be accepted by the bike fans here. What I've always loved about Daytona Bike Week is the coming together of all kinds and types of riders. People who have absolutely nothing in common but for their love of motorcycles and the freedom of the open road. I realized most had seen the new Spyder F3 in magazines and various media but few had seen them in person and the F3 is a joy to behold. So Lamonster and I made sure they were seen on the streets. We also had fun showing their "pep" when necessary. (It was always necessary.) I saw Lamonster and Triple Threat get the nod of approval from all types of motorcycle owners. Some didn't want to be seen looking and doing double (and triple) takes. Yes, the new Spyder F3 has hit a broader audience of new motorcycle fans. And to those who did the test ride I'm sure they discovered "riding is believing."

Lamont and I were married at Ponce Inlet on Saturday, 3/14. Our Harley riding minister, Dale Lawing, is the husband of Spyder owner enthusiast Peggy Lawing. Dale must have caught the "F3 Fever" as he just purchased a black F3 a few days ago. Here are some photos of our special day. Yes, I got married in a Lamonster Garage t-shirt. It was my decision to just be myself and we had to hurry over to the Can-Am Owner's Event and Lamont was to lead all the Spyders for laps on the track. The Road Warrior guys let me borrow their custom F3 Spyder for the track ride. And Lamonster, true to his ever generous heart, let me take the lead on the track as it was a first for me and he'd done it many times. What a way to celebrate and remember the best day of my life!

I hope these photos bring back memories if you were fortunate enough to have attended. If you weren't there I sure hope you enjoyed them and will make plans to attend next year!

All the best!
    Joan

Spyder Garage

Not bad for your second post

Spyder Garage

"LET ME BITE YOUR NECK!!"

Spyder: 2011 RT Limited w/ RT-622 trailer
    Mods: ESI Brightsides, RT Rear Brightsides, HMT Brake Light, Scuff Guards, Utopia Backrest, Chrome, and more Chrome, Pearl White Rear View Mirrors, Rear Fender, and Dashboard, Black Rear Wheel and Belt Assy, SpyderPops Heat Shields & Bump Skid, Elka Stage 1+ Shocks, 2012 SF Graphics, Silver Carbonfiber Dash, Corbin Arm Rests, Baker A.W., BRP Vented WindShield. BR's Sway Bar, Tricled White Halo Lights, BadBoy Air Horn, Spyder Legs Floor Boards

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Thanks for sharing.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Marker View Post
    Thanks for sharing.
    Thank you kindly!

Spyder Garage

Congrats on the marriage. and that's an awesome F3!!

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

Great post and thanks for sharing. I often wonder how traditional bikers will respond to the Spyder at rallies...Congratulations, God is good!

Grady Brown III
    President & Founder
    For The Love of Laila...and your baby too
    www.ftllm712.com
    Check out the Events page at www.ftllm712.com for upcoming events

We are Riding to save lives!!!

Facebook

Twitter

Spyder Garage

Great write up, Joan. Looking forward to regular updates. Thank you for sharing your happiness with us.
    Bill
    Pride Runs Deep Semper Tacitus

An armed man is a Citizen; an unarmed man is a subject....

2017 F3 T SE6
    2015 Vulcan Vaquero ABS
    ALR Chapter 401 (Hilliard FL)
    GA & FL Patriot Guard

Spyder Garage

Really enjoyed the post. Having met Lamont many times, Debbie and I can't wait to meet you. Glad to see you both so happy.

Very Happy Spyder Guy
    The 2015 F3 has over 46,000 miles
    Have Spyder...Will Travel

Spyder Garage

Default Nice write up

Joan thank you for the great write up of your wedding and your time at Bike Week Daytona style..
    I can't wait to see you again while at Spyderfest.
    2016 F3T SE Pearl White
    Purple powder coated wheels
    Performance sway bar
    LED headlights and fog lights
    Short Reach handlebars
    2010 RT A/C SE traded in

Spyder Garage

Very nice write up. What an excellent life changing event for both of you....in many ways.
    I was thinking, when they get back to it, on the next Ryder's Edge, perhaps a ladies perspective would be a good thing to bring out.

See you a SF !!!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You told a wonderful story; with even BETTER pictures!!
    ...Glad to hear that you saved the marriage license too!

2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Hmmmm, smells nice. Ode D'F3?

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972
    Member: Royal Order of Rat Bastards

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Nice post Joan. The pics were great and sounds like a good time was had by all.

Spyder Garage

That's why ladies wear leather........the old joke

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Lamonster View Post

All the best!
    Joan
    Rainbow are good omens...
    Joy
    Very Happy Ryder...
    '09 Phantom and a '15 F3-S

If you don't slow down, they can't catch you..
    ​If you don't give up, they can't win.
    What a long strange journey its been.

Spyder Garage

Default Very nice..!!

Thanks for sharing.. this looks like the start of many a tale as you two move along your now double lane highway...congrat..!! may all the years to come be happy, healthy and as much fun...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Default Thanks for the memories!

Very nice summary of Daytona 2015! Enjoyed meeting you and seeing Lamont and his F3 project in 3D. Countdown to Spyderfest!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

very well written Joan!!

it was great to meet you at Daytona and see the shine around you and Lamont - what a wonderful pair of people - I wish you all the happiness

damn, do I look tired in the picture my brother posted above?? lol

looking forward to seeing the two of you again soon

jeff
    Attached Images Attached Images
    1. it is what it is - 2014 Black RT-S - Baja Ron Anti-Sway bar, lots of LEDs, Spyderpops Skid Plate, Twisted Sister HID Driving Lights, Tricled 2nd, 3rd & 4th brake lights, F4 Customs vented windshield, Lamonster highway pegs, Ultimate Tall Boy seat, Utopia backrest

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Buddha View Post
    Very nice summary of Daytona 2015! Enjoyed meeting you and seeing Lamont and his F3 project in 3D. Countdown to Spyderfest!
    It was a pleasure meeting both of you!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by lookerjdc View Post
    very well written Joan!!

it was great to meet you at Daytona and see the shine around you and Lamont - what a wonderful pair of people - I wish you all the happiness

damn, do I look tired in the picture my brother posted above?? lol

looking forward to seeing the two of you again soon

jeff
    Jeff, everybody looks tired at Daytona if they do it right. Thank you for the lovely pictures and nice words. I'm sure we will be seeing you much more often! Take it easy and thanks again.

Spyder Garage

I'm just sorry that the luncheon was SO late that Cindy & I couldn't stay to see y'all. You had JUST arrived when we had to go. There will be another time for sure.

Chris

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MouthPiece View Post
    I'm just sorry that the luncheon was SO late that Cindy & I couldn't stay to see y'all. You had JUST arrived when we had to go. There will be another time for sure.

Chris
    Absolutely! If you're in Sanford we will be seeing you again this fall!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Yazz View Post
    Rainbow are good omens...
    When Joan and I were on our first date there were several rainbows that were like this one, not the full rainbows. We thought it was a good sign then and I'm glad God took the time to give us that sign once again for our wedding day.

Spyder Garage

Default Congratulations

Joan,

Wow. What a great thrill for me to share your post of the wedding to the great Lamonster. I just gushed when I saw your picture. I will share the post with our friends in SARG -- South Austin Riders Group.

Congrations.

JOHN

Test message.

2016 Spyder RT