Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default BRP Comfort Seat

I have a 2014 RT, how can I tell if I have the BRP Comfort seat or just the normal production seat ?

Spyder Garage

Is it comfortable? If yes, then Comfort Seat, if no, then stock seat. Seriously though, Riders seat is larger on the Comfort Seat.
    2023 Plasma Red F3 Limited
    2020 Ryker Rally.

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

The comfort seat has a 17" seating surface vs. a 15" seating surface on the stock seat (that is drivers seat.)
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

OEM has a flat seat and the Comfort Seat has rounded seat and sides.
    2014 Timeless Black RTS/SE - BRP CB/Comm System; BRP Zumo 660 GPS System; BRP Cellphone Interface; BRP ST-1 Helmets w/BRP Headsets; BRP XM Radio; BRP Tri-Axis Handlebars; BRP Adj Wind Deflectors; BRP Adj Vent Windshield; BRP Comfort Seat & Utopia Backrest; Corbin Armrests; HMT Brake Light; TricLED 3/4 Brake & Running Lights; TricLED Fender Lights & Rr Cargo Lights; CD Fender TIPS Kit; Bump Skid; Scorpio i900 Alarm; Touratech GPS Locking Mount; NBV Highway Mounts; BBP Brake Pedal, Stebel horn.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thanks for the help. I want to order a driver backrest but wasn't sure which seat I had.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Some place in here, somebody once posted comparison pictures of the seats...
    If you can find them; it becomes pretty easy to spot the differences.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Here are two pictures from my stock and comfort seats, respectively. As you can see, on the stock seat (left photo) the area where the seat back is inserted is larger than the area on the comfort seat (right photo). That smaller area on the comfort seat is smaller due to moving the lumbar support aft to get the additional two inches of driver space.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

That's the shot!!
    Thanks!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

I changed out the OEM seat with a Comfort Seat on our 2011. The Comfort Seat sits back a couple inches as mentioned above. I also find the Comfort Seat to be a bit more firm (as in less mushy feeling) than the OEM seat.

I have not made a change over on my 2014 yet. The OEM is better than previous versions, but I am not finding it perfect.

I also have a Corbin seat/backrest sitting on the shelf if I start playing seat tag.

At 10K and one season into the 2014--I am still on the fence.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default Passenger Room Comfort Seat

The comfort seat gives the driver 2 more inches of room. But how does it affect the passenger? Is the 2 inches taken away from the passenger? I really would like to buy a comfort seat but need to know about the passenger issue. Any help would be appreciated.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NavyChiefEd View Post
    The comfort seat gives the driver 2 more inches of room. But how does it affect the passenger? Is the 2 inches taken away from the passenger? I really would like to buy a comfort seat but need to know about the passenger issue. Any help would be appreciated.
    I was in same dilemma so when we got to dealership my wife got on the demo RT with comfort seat and she did not like the back rest being moved back another 2 inches. So I decided to stay with the oem seat and will most likely change to RDL seat next year as they can make a seat without moving the backrest back. In the meantime the comfort of my passenger is all that matters

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I had a BRP comfort seat on my 2014 RT-L and it was better than the OEM. The additional length was better as I am tall. My wife does not ride any more so when I got my 2017 RT-S (wrecked the '14) two months ago, I got the back rest for the OEM seat to see how it went. Is is okay but I may get an Ultimate (as I had on my 2011 RT-L).

My question....could the BRP back rest fit on an Ultimate seat? I hate to spend the money an Ultimate back rest if it would. Any comments? Thanks.

My wreck: On a Saturday breakfast ride with about ten other's we were going into a downhill blind curve. We were running about 10-15 mph. My buddy in front of me made a panic stop and I couldn't. It bent the frame and with front end plastic and radiator damage.....the insurance company totaled it. My dealer had a '17 RT-S left over and I saved about $6,000 over an '18. No difference in my '14 and I am happy with it. $6,000 buys a lot of gas and insurance and with me going on 86 soon, I may not be riding in 10-15 years, so my '17 just fits.

I traded my 2014 RT for a 2017 Mr. White RT-S. I am George Lewis. I live two miles from Boerne, TX. I am 89, retired USAF and Sony Corp. I also have a GW MotorTrike. My email: scoot62@aol.com

SAVE THE CHUPACABRA
    If you have not been to Luckenbach, your journey is not complete.

Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=crazycanuck;1370756]I was in same dilemma so when we got to dealership my wife got on the demo RT with comfort seat and she did not like the back rest being moved back another 2 inches. So I decided to stay with the oem seat and will most likely change to RDL seat next year as they can make a seat without moving the backrest back. In the meantime the comfort of my passenger is all that matters [/QUOTE

When we ride two up with the comfort seat we simply remove the backrest. Takes less than ten seconds. SO then becomes backrest and

we are together again in sweet bliss!

​Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Spyder Garage

[/QUOTE

When we ride two up with the comfort seat we simply remove the backrest. Takes less than ten seconds. SO then becomes backrest and

we are together again in sweet bliss!

​Jack[/QUOTE]

Yes sir but I am going to hold out for the RDL seat next spring

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by crazycanuck View Post
    In the meantime the comfort of my passenger is all that matters

Wise move, Crazy.......wise, wise move

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

I was researching Ultimate seats. They move the driver's position back a bit, but they make their matching passenger backrest (the upright pad fastened to the trunk) thinner to make up the difference for the passenger.