Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JerryB View Post
    Hi Voyager,

Re: Right now having just bought the bike money is tight so 400+ for them is probably out of the question now.

But, but you said: Will talk to the wife see what she wants todo!

Jerry Baumchen

PS) And I think this man knows how to stay happily married.

Yeah yeah yeah. I will say I am still in shock of her saying yes to buying it in the first place. But for sure 400 bucks is out but 135 may be doable at this time. But will see what she wants to do as it is HER bike.

And yes If momma aint happy, nobody's happy!!!!
    Patrick Sharon
    2020 F3 Limited Black/Chrome
    2021 F3 Limited Liquid Titanium/Dark
    Columbus, OH

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Voyager_PWS View Post
    Yeah yeah yeah. I will say I am still in shock of her saying yes to buying it in the first place. But for sure 400 bucks is out but 135 may be doable at this time. But will see what she wants to do as it is HER bike.

And yes If momma aint happy, nobody's happy!!!!
    She would be happier with the Seal. Too bad you don't have someone around with both on. Many fans here of Seal Pups or DLX. I haven't read anyone mentioning using IG floorboards...just saying
    2013 Mag Silver SE5 RT BahaRon Sway bar & Sway bar links, Grip Puppies, Kuryakyn Helmet locks , Ultimate Seat w/Utopia Backrest, Dash power outlet, Spyderpops BumpSkid, Swagman Cup holders, Full size Brake Pedal, Seal DLX Floorboards, Freeway Blaster horns, Sylvania Super Bright fender LEDs, Scotchlite 680 Rear & Fender Reflectors, BRP Fog Light Kit, LED Mirror turn signal strips, 2014 RT grille mod. Outlaw Laser Alignment

Spyder Garage

I like the looks of the SEAL a lot. Just not the price tag! and I know SHE doesn't. May just hold off for now till she gets used to riding. Ultimately it is here decision as it is her bike! :-)

Patrick Sharon
    Columbus, OH

Spyder Garage

I like the looks of the SEAL a lot. Just not the price tag! and I know SHE doesn't. May just hold off for now till she gets used to riding. Ultimately it is here decision as it is her bike! :-)

Just remember the best farkles in the Spyder world are rarely cheap.If they are there is a reason. Best to save and get the best. Just wait till you have to go to the dealer for work
    2013 Mag Silver SE5 RT BahaRon Sway bar & Sway bar links, Grip Puppies, Kuryakyn Helmet locks , Ultimate Seat w/Utopia Backrest, Dash power outlet, Spyderpops BumpSkid, Swagman Cup holders, Full size Brake Pedal, Seal DLX Floorboards, Freeway Blaster horns, Sylvania Super Bright fender LEDs, Scotchlite 680 Rear & Fender Reflectors, BRP Fog Light Kit, LED Mirror turn signal strips, 2014 RT grille mod. Outlaw Laser Alignment

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Magdave View Post
    Just remember the best farkles in the Spyder world are rarely cheap.If they are there is a reason. Best to save and get the best. Just wait till you have to go to the dealer for work
    Oh I know. Just ask my wife how much I have spent on my Voyager! And I quit going to the dealer for my motorcycles due to the costs. Do as much as I can myself and with the help of friends. $70 an hour labor charge just SUCKS!
    Patrick Sharon
    Columbus, OH

Spyder Garage

Oh I know. Just ask my wife how much I have spent on my Voyager! And I quit going to the dealer for my motorcycles due to the costs. Do as much as I can myself and with the help of friends. $70 an hour labor charge just SUCKS!
    That is a little more than 1/2 of what labor may be on a spyder depends on the dealer Unfortunately the BUDS computer hook up to the can bus is necessary for some things if you get codes. Proprietary to the dealer only.

Spyder Garage

Hello Voyager,
    I saw some red closed web boards on e-bay for $300 a couple weeks ago. You may want to check that out..?

Good luck, Bill

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bbodah View Post
    Hello Voyager,
    I saw some red closed web boards on e-bay for $300 a couple weeks ago. You may want to check that out..?

Good luck, Bill
    You can buy my boards for $300

Spyder Garage

Default WTB Seal Boards 2010 RT-S SM5

sorry, wrong place

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bbodah View Post
    Hello Voyager,

Good luck, Bill
    Actually was contacted by user sledhed via PM. He had a set of seal boards and made me an offer I couldn't refuse for them. Payment sent and he will be sending them to me today!! Thanks Darin!!!

Appreciate everyone's help here!!
    Patrick Sharon
    Columbus, OH

Spyder Garage

Well Sledhed made me a deal I couldn't refuse on some Seal Dlx floorbards. I got them today and they are now on. The wife is looking forward to getting out to ride with them!!
    Patrick Sharon
    Columbus, OH

Spyder Garage

I love mine they allow a lot of foot movement. Next up would be the brake pedal

TricLEDS pedal is larger...

Last edited by Magdave; 05-06-2015 at 10:48 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Magdave View Post
    Dlx Seal( not for sale but a pic for you) That $400 price is a good one. If your looking for cheap farkles for a spyder you won't find them , unfortunately.

Do you have a better picture of your brake pedal? We got the seal boards and put them on now it seems like we need to raise the pedal a little to be able to push it down all the way. Also where did you get it from?

Thanks!
    Patrick Sharon
    Columbus, OH

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default SEAL FLOORBOARDS

Do you have a better picture of your brake pedal? We got the seal boards and put them on now it seems like we need to raise the pedal a little to be able to push it down all the way. Also where did you get it from?

Thanks!
    Unless the boards are DAMAGED / BENT the OEM brake pedal doesn't travel as far as you might think........If the model floorboard you bought is different from the Spyder you have that could be an issue..........However it is very easy to check........Have someone with a flaslite help you.....Place a narrow sturdy stick on the brake pedal so it goes out towards the edge of the floorboard....then stand on the stick and the other person see if the stick lays flat against the floorboard ( it shouldn't ) ....if it does ,something is wrong. You are not getting MAXIMUM braking this way.......An easy solution is to shim up the RUBBER PAD from the arm and /or adjust the arm at the attachment point ..........good luck......Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Unless the boards are DAMAGED / BENT the OEM brake pedal doesn't travel as far as you might think........If the model floorboard you bought is different from the Spyder you have that could be an issue..........However it is very easy to check........Have someone with a flaslite help you.....Place a narrow sturdy stick on the brake pedal so it goes out towards the edge of the floorboard....then stand on the stick and the other person see if the stick lays flat against the floorboard ( it shouldn't ) ....if it does ,something is wrong. You are not getting MAXIMUM braking this way.......An easy solution is to shim up the RUBBER PAD from the arm and /or adjust the arm at the attachment point ..........good luck......Mike
    you are missing the shim that goes under the brake pad

Spyder Garage

Thanks!
    TricLEDS

http://www.tricled.com/TricLed.com/P...__Mudflap.html

scroll down 2nd item on that page. I felt the same way and their pedal has a spacer
    Last edited by Magdave; 05-08-2015 at 11:30 AM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ndspyderlover View Post
    you are missing the shim that goes under the brake pad
    Does that shim come with the boards??
    Patrick Sharon
    Columbus, OH

Spyder Garage

The boards came off a 2012 RT-S but from looking at Seal's site they don't list different model years.

Guess I am not picturing what you are referring too with the stick....
    Patrick Sharon
    Columbus, OH

Spyder Garage

The boards came off a 2012 RT-S but from looking at Seal's site they don't list different model years.

Ignore the shim comment get the pedal I posted and you will be happy. All year seals are the same. They do not come with a shim. If you REALLY need it some washers work but I doubt you will.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default STICK DEVICE

..........Oh dear, I can't be any more specific than this.......Ask someone else to read it and see if they get it.......Or start with the stick and just do it one step at a time .....Mike ......PS what you are trying to do is see if the BRAKE PEDAL CANNOT FULLY ENGAGE BECAUSE THE FLOORBOARD INTERFERES......!!!!!!

Spyder Garage

..........Oh dear, I can't be any more specific than this.......Ask someone else to read it and see if they get it.......Or start with the stick and just do it one step at a time .....Mike ......PS what you are trying to do is see if the BRAKE PEDAL CANNOT FULLY ENGAGE BECAUSE THE FLOORBOARD INTERFERES......!!!!!!
    Sorry I am not fully picturing this. You really don't need to be so rude in your response here. Don't really appreciate that type of attitude just from me saying I couldn't picture what you were saying.
    Patrick Sharon
    Columbus, OH

Spyder Garage

Sorry I am not fully picturing this. You really don't need to be so rude in your response here. Don't really appreciate that type of attitude just from me saying I couldn't picture what you were saying.
    seal floorboards come with a shim (block) that goes under the brake pedal. If you bought yours used you may not have received it.

Spyder Garage

seal floorboards come with a shim (block) that goes under the brake pedal. If you bought yours used you may not have received it.
    I did buy them used so must not have received it. Will reach out to them and see about getting another shim. Thank you.
    Patrick Sharon
    Columbus, OH

Spyder Garage

I stand corrected here is an install PDF. 2012 and up DID come with a shim. If you contact Seal I am sure you can get one.

http://www.sealfloorboards.com/images/RT_ii.pdf