buiductien90

Default can-am spyder need your help!

My spyder be limited , I can only rev the engine to 4500 RPMs. When I turn on the key, limp home Mode show on screen
    I checked it by BUDS :
    **C006C : VCM error or failure reported
    U0126: Lost communication with SAS
    **C0049 : Brake failure (brake fluid)
    **U0126: Lost communication with SAS
    I checked all the wiring connectors to make sure all were fully inserted
    and I replaced SAS but fault isnt disappear
    pls help a solution to fix and remove those errors.
    thanks

Spyder Garage

Add Brake Fluid (DOT 4)

Turn bike off and remove key for 2- 3 minutes, let computer reset itself and maybe it will restart properly.

That would be the first thing i would try.

Maybe some others have some additional advice.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by buiductien90 View Post
    My spyder be limited , I can only rev the engine to 4500 RPMs. When I turn on the key, limp home Mode show on screen
    I checked it by BUDS :
    **C006C : VCM error or failure reported
    U0126: Lost communication with SAS
    **C0049 : Brake failure (brake fluid)
    **U0126: Lost communication with SAS
    I checked all the wiring connectors to make sure all were fully inserted
    and I replaced SAS but fault isnt disappear
    pls help a solution to fix and remove those errors.
    thanks
    check battery connections as well.

Spyder Garage

don't forget to remove the key and walk away for a few minutes so it will reset. Good luck.

Spyder Garage

Default Let's see..!!

U0126 is DPS failure. Dynamic power steering. SAS steering angle sensor mounted in the dps indicates the angle of the bars to the VCM. If you had an alignment done and the sas was not corrected this could be the problem even if you changed it it needs to be centered by buds. This unit (dps) uses the most electrical power needs good connections.
    C006C communication on CAN BUS unreliable again connections and buds..(hope you never power washed this machine)
    C0049 brake fluid level...check level the slightest drop a teaspoon will set this off. The sensor switches for the fluid level, pedal, tail brake lights etc can affect this.
    Dealer should be able to find the problems but if it is not at the dealership and no certified mechanic for spyders is available can be tricky. There are after market type buds but unreliable at best. I'm sure they have removed the key taken it away from the unit, reset the computer with buds or disconnected the battery if not you need to so the computers can reset and clear the codes...good luck and if you can let us know what you find...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzr Joe View Post
    Add Brake Fluid (DOT 4)

Turn bike off and remove key for 2- 3 minutes, let computer reset itself and maybe it will restart properly.

That would be the first thing i would try.

Maybe some others have some additional advice.

Cruzr Joe
    I tried but it dont change

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    U0126 is DPS failure. Dynamic power steering. SAS steering angle sensor mounted in the dps indicates the angle of the bars to the VCM. If you had an alignment done and the sas was not corrected this could be the problem even if you changed it it needs to be centered by buds. This unit (dps) uses the most electrical power needs good connections.
    C006C communication on CAN BUS unreliable again connections and buds..(hope you never power washed this machine)
    C0049 brake fluid level...check level the slightest drop a teaspoon will set this off. The sensor switches for the fluid level, pedal, tail brake lights etc can affect this.
    Dealer should be able to find the problems but if it is not at the dealership and no certified mechanic for spyders is available can be tricky. There are after market type buds but unreliable at best. I'm sure they have removed the key taken it away from the unit, reset the computer with buds or disconnected the battery if not you need to so the computers can reset and clear the codes...good luck and if you can let us know what you find...
    I take the key and reset computerwith buds and disconnected the battery but I can't clear the codes
    any idea?

Spyder Garage

If you tried the key walk and disconnecting the battery as well as trying with buds you still have not solved the problem. That means it is still an active code. They will have to test the parts involved according to the shop manual if no help there time to call brp tech support...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    If you tried the key walk and disconnecting the battery as well as trying with buds you still have not solved the problem. That means it is still an active code. They will have to test the parts involved according to the shop manual if no help there time to call brp tech support...
    I live in Ha Noi Viet Nam, so dont have any can-am dealer in Viet Nam

Spyder Garage

You will have to check with brp cause without buds and a trained tech I don't know how you can clear those codes. You can order a shop manual online and it will show you how to test components. Wish it were easier.
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by buiductien9o View Post
    I live in Ha Noi Viet Nam, so dont have any can-am dealer in Viet Nam
    How did you import the vehicle, without having a dealer?
    These are a technologically sophisticated vehicle that really needs access to the BUDS system that dealers have.
    Good Luck!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default ERRRRRRORS

I had a situation last year where as all kinds of error codes and "LIMP MODE" warnings started happening at startup and while riding. Rebooting helped a bit was not a solution. Service dept. suspected the multi display to be the fault but when they ordered and installed a replacement the problem still occurred. Final outcome...rear wheel speed sensor was defective.

Spyder Garage

Default Thats really encouraging

Quote Originally Posted by Bob231 View Post
    I had a situation last year where as all kinds of error codes and "LIMP MODE" warnings started happening at startup and while riding. Rebooting helped a bit was not a solution. Service dept. suspected the multi display to be the fault but when they ordered and installed a replacement the problem still occurred. Final outcome...rear wheel speed sensor was defective.

That's really encouraging makes you wanna run to a dealer when you have a problem !

Spyder Garage

Way old post from 2015. And the owner lives in Viet Nam.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red