Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default How to make Flash2Pass works with the new "Yellow antenna" Chamberlain garage opener

Please ignore if this had been posted before.

I added Flash2Pass to my 2012 RS-S Spyder a while back, was enjoying with the flick of light to close/open the garage when I left or get home. However, the opener went bad and I had to change. Purchased the Chamberlain 1.25 HP belt drive, installed it and found out that the Flash2Pass wouldn't work it anymore. Whenever the wall button on the Flash2Pass is pressed, it would reset the Chamberlain wall unit. I called Flash2Pass and technical guy said that the Flash2Pass works with almost anything but the Yellow antenna Chamberlain.

Well, read several other posts about the Flash2Pass, how-to, etc... and applied, they don't work together. Then I thought, when the wall button on the Chamberlain is pressed, basically it closes the contact, which is what the Flash2Pass button would do. However, the 2 Red/White wires in the back of the Chamberlain doesn't do that.

I then opened up the Chamberlain wall button unit and check on the continuity of the buttons, in pic 2.

Pic 3, the red circles are where the contact closes when the button is pressed. Wires can be soldered to either switch. I just happened to choose SW3.

Pic 4, back to the Flash2Pass wall plate, there is a switch that must be switched to N. Position S is to always close the contact Red and White. N position is to only close the contact when button is pressed.

Pic 5, put the Chamberlain wall plate back to the wall. Tested it out, still functions the same way it should

More to come in the next post since I could only attach 5 pictures per post.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by xpbqn; 04-07-2015 at 10:37 AM.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default More on Flash2Pass with Chamberlain Yellow antenna

Pic 6, connect wire to the Flash2Pass wall control.

I bought this wall plug from Flash2Pass site since the Chamberlain unit does not provide enough power to the Flash2Pass wall control.
    http://f2ptechnologies.shptron.com/p...pter?pp=8&pp=8

Secure it on the wall and VOILA, both work

Now I can enjoy the flick of the high-beam to open/close my garage again.

Note: this method would work with other brands of garage opener system if you are having trouble with your Flash2Pass.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by xpbqn; 04-07-2015 at 12:21 PM.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?79285-How-to-make-Flash2Pass-works-

Have you had any problems with the garage door opening automatically? My F2P receiver does not have a switch on the back like you show. Not sure if mine is a older model or not. When I did hook it up as you show, everything worked. I thought life was good again, until I closed the door from my car. Then the door started opening and closing automatically. I had to remove the wires to make it work again.

Spyder Garage

Hi, I know this is an old thread and I hope this response is well received but as garage door opener tech moves forward this info actually becomes more relevant and as more folks replace their older openers with wi-fi enabled units perhaps this info is useful. I can tell you that a solution to the F2P working with the Chamberlain openers is virtually non-existent except for this thread. And for that I want to thank @xpbqn for taking the time way back in 2015 to both experiment and post the results here for a time traveler like me to find! Thank you.

I'll add my experience for posterity for the next poor soul that has the same issue. My story is similar in that I had an older F2P system that we love and already had transmitters installed in vehicles so I hated to lose that convenience and functionality. And, after having recently moved and installed two new Chamberlain MyQ wifi capable openers I was hopeful I could have the best of all worlds. My early research said I could just run the F2P receiver in parallel with the new Chamberlain wall mount control and be done. But, of course that didn't work. So I stalled on the project for a while. Starting over I found this thread and that renewed my interest, I ordered up a power supply and today opened up the wall control to see what I was dealing with. While my problem was the same the hardware was a bit different. I only had one switch on the Chamberlain unit and no switch on the F2P unit. Pics can tell the story from here.

This was the single switch and the two wire attachment points I soldered to:
    IMG_5551.jpg

IMG_5552.jpg

I secured these with some dabs of hot glue to serve as strain relief for the wires
    IMG_5554.jpg

Ran those up to the F2P unit and attached to the two screws on the back.
    IMG_5556.jpg

Plugged the power in and gave it a shot. Pressed the button and it worked! Programmed for my wife's care and that also work. Success!
    IMG_5558.jpg

The last thing I am watching for now is the random open and/or closing that another forum member commented on. But I am thrilled to have gotten this far and could not have done it with out the generosity of member xpbqn. Thank you again.