MOgang Member & Pyro-Man
    Spyder Garage

Default Spare Spyder Keys

My understanding is that these keys are only good into the 2013 models, at least in the RT/RTS models. One of our MOGANG members got these keys and ACE Hardware was able to cut them, and he had them attempt to copy the chip info to the new key. They were able to copy the chip info to the key. He was only charged for the cutting of the two keys, since they didn't know if the key could be programmed, he wasn't charged for that. Here is the site that I got them from:

www.lockpicks.com

Aprilia Scooters Transponder Key RW (ZD23RT5) JMA KB-TP05ZA-9-P $7.65 each
    Search: KB-TP05ZA-9-P

Have one chip programmed and one not. Keep the non programmed key hidden within the bike. That will allow you to open all locked storage areas, but not start the bike. Keep your chipped key somewhere that can only be accessed by unlocking one of the baggage areas.

Attached Images Attached Images

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Works...!!

ordered them online last year Kwick keys cut and cloned them and work great. (2012 RS)...14's have a different set up don't know if you can get copies other than dealer...
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

MOgang Member & Pyro-Man
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    ordered them online last year Kwick keys cut and cloned them and work great. (2012 RS)...14's have a different set up don't know if you can get copies other than dealer...
    That's my understanding as well. I have a 2011 that I have modified to the hilt. Don't plan on getting a new one too soon. BRP is looking to actually put one of their 'leaning' patents into upcoming bikes. Search that for more info. Thanks for the extra post info. Anything that can get our friends extra keys without an astronomical fee, is good.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Kev,
    You are correct; those Transponder key blanks may be cloned, and they'll work for any pre-2014 model year Spyder.

After that??
    I tried buying a key blank that didn't have a chip in it yet I then bought what I thought was the correct chip, but the dealer couldn't program it for me.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Here we go again.... http://mykeyport.comImageUploadedByTapatalk1428462477.836408.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1428462498.483940.jpg. Holds 6, blades (keys or otherwise & does me great fyi

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

Default CLONED KEYS

I bought two of those same keys a few months ago, I took them to my local Ace Hdw. to get them cut, after the manager cut them he said lets try to clone them and see what happens. He cloned both of them and they work perfectly, the best part Is he wouldn't charge me anything for the whole process..
    2013 Viper Red RT S-SE5 All 48 states on a Gold Wing now I'm working on getting all on a

MOgang Member & Pyro-Man
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by STELLING MAN View Post
    I bought two of those same keys a few months ago, I took them to my local Ace Hdw. to get them cut, after the manager cut them he said lets try to clone them and see what happens. He cloned both of them and they work perfectly, the best part Is he wouldn't charge me anything for the whole process..
    That's the same story that my other friend told me. Couldn't guarantee a good clone program, so no charge.