Thread: Black Box

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Black Box

Anyone hear of a Power Commander being in the offing?

I don't much care for Government doing my tuning, but I've been around bikes a long time. It is a fact that you can get some less than optimal results by diddling around with electronically controled engines. A Power Commander can make a big difference on a Harley, how about Spidey?

Spyder Garage

I'm guessing it won't be long. Two Brothers now has their version of the Fuel Nanny (Techlusion) out and Ken at evoluzione.net sells a PCIII-type box to experienced users only.

The Techlusion box generally only lets you modify three or so (I think) wide bands of RPM (low, medium and high) while the PCIII has many times the adjustment bands.

I did run a Techlusion on a VTX1800 several years back and had good luck with it, though.

Quote Originally Posted by bigironhead View Post
    Anyone hear of a Power Commander being in the offing?

I don't much care for Government doing my tuning, but I've been around bikes a long time. It is a fact that you can get some less than optimal results by diddling around with electronically controled engines. A Power Commander can make a big difference on a Harley, how about Spidey?
    Last edited by ataDude; 12-22-2008 at 12:08 PM.
    ata = allergic to asphalt

My mods: https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...ead.php?t=5753
    There are two kinds of people: (1) those who can read, reason and apply the experiences of others; and (2) those who just have to pee on the electric fence. ataDude, 2009

My Spyder:

Spyder Garage

Default Black box

I just got one, and will test as soon as the snow melts.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ataDude View Post
    I'm guessing it won't be long. Two Brothers now has their version of the Fuel Nanny (Techlusion) out and Ken at evoluzione.net sells a PCIII-type box to experienced users only.

The Techlusion box generally only lets you modify three or so (I think) wide bands of RPM (low, medium and high) while the PCIII has many times the adjustment bands.

I did run a Techlusion on a VTX1800 several years back and had good luck with it, though.

I did a Techlusion on an ST1300 back in '03... piece o cake install, once you got to the 'puter in the tail section, excellent results.