Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by trikermutha View Post
    Do these affect the alignment of the spyder in an way?
    For reasonable adjustments, no. Alignment is not affected. Otherwise, you would need to do an alignment every time you went from lightly loaded to heavily loaded with the stock setup. As a matter of fact. Maintaining proper ride height with these adjusters under different loading conditions will actually allow you to maintain accurate alignment.

Your alignment is set at a certain ride height. As you move (up or down) from this 'Ideal' ride height, your alignment is affected. The adverse affect is very minor with a small amount of ride height change and increases with the amount of ride height change (either up or down). Variance is built into the alignment settings because the suspension is designed to move.

Your alignment doesn't really care how much weight you are carrying. But it is sensitive to ride height.

Maintaining the same or near same ride height when fully loaded puts you very close to where you were when the alignment was done. You can't maintain proper ride height with the stock, non-adjustable shocks.

Right now with the stock, non-adjustable suspension, your alignment is compromised when you load your Spyder and it settles the suspension. How much compromise depends on how much the added weight lowers the Spyder.

If you add (what I would call 'Excessive') lift to your Spyder with these adjusters, it may adversely affect alignment just as loading your Spyder and lowering your ride height is doing now.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Default Change in Price

I have had to make a change in the way I'm handling the Spring Compressors for these Spring Adjusters. I really misjudged how customers would respond to these.

My thought was that I would have 2 dozen of these compressor tool sets made as a loaner tool for the Adjuster Install process. That customers would return them for a refund of their deposit and they would get recycled to the next customer. Neither I nor my fabricator were all that concerned about actual cost.

But that isn't what is happening!

Every person so far has said that they plan to keep these compressor tools so I've had to order more. As it became clear to my fabricator that this might be an ongoing production product he did a cost analysis and he was surprised at how much he had into them. Mostly shop labor.

The cost to me has almost doubled. I am still offering them at my actual cost. But that is now $40.00 a set. Those that got a set for $25.00 got a GREAT DEAL!

I just wanted to explain the big price jump. Of course you can still return them for a full refund of the deposit. Or keep them if you like.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...