Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by markyodo View Post
    Very good news, thanks again for doing all the work. I forgot about the trailer. I intend on having a trailer for the RT by June so looks like I would want 6 sensors.
    The way I understood Bluetooth communication, the device randomly chooses from 79 available "channels" to communicate. It has a set time to make it's communication before it uses another and it does this random selection @ over 1000 times per second. So unless you have all channels being used at all times it would be difficult to cause any interference.
    I am thinking my interference issue was caused by a strong BT signal masking out a weaker one. It may have been sidebanding. No way to tell what device uses what channel.
    2013 Mag Silver SE5 RT BahaRon Sway bar & Sway bar links, Grip Puppies, Kuryakyn Helmet locks , Ultimate Seat w/Utopia Backrest, Dash power outlet, Spyderpops BumpSkid, Swagman Cup holders, Full size Brake Pedal, Seal DLX Floorboards, Freeway Blaster horns, Sylvania Super Bright fender LEDs, Scotchlite 680 Rear & Fender Reflectors, BRP Fog Light Kit, LED Mirror turn signal strips, 2014 RT grille mod. Outlaw Laser Alignment

Spyder Garage

Great thread. I think I'm going to order 5 for my RT and trailer. Bob, thank you for blazing a trail on this!
    --Rod
    2014 Spyder RT LTD, 2010 RT-622

Spyder Garage

Another question Pioneer Bob:o) Say you have the three sensors for the bike and they are set up and work fine. You are towing the bike in a trailer. Could you take the front 2 sensors from the bike and put them on your trailer(2 wheels) I assume that they reset to the different pressure in the trailer tires and then you are good to go.

Other than being cheap, do you think that this will work?

One of the hardest decisions you'll ever face in life is choosing whether to walk away or try harder.

Spyder Garage

Yes you can do that but if the pressure min and max need to be changed then you have to release them change the settings and rebind them. At the point might as well add another vehicle and the rebind to that.

The FOBO web site has excellent videos for moving the sensors to different vehicles.

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Spyder Garage

Just checked Play Store, FOBO Bike not there. Sent them an email asking when Android users may see app. Sure looks like what I have been wanting in aTPMS app.
    2014 RT Ltd Silver Platinum Satin, Ultimate Seat, rider and passenger backrests, Vented Windshield, Adjustable Side Wind Deflectors, Chrome Tri Axis Handlebars with GPS Support, Trailer Hitch Kit, RT-622 Trailer Silver Platinum Satin, Stebil Air Horn, BajaRon's Sway Bar, Spyderpops Bumpskid bike and Trailer, R/T grills, SpyderSisters Front Trunk Pockets, SpyderSisters Sunshade, Spyderflaps Mud Flap, many TricLED lights
    2014 Limited , Silver Playinum Satin

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pjweimer View Post
    Just checked Play Store, FOBO Bike not there. Sent them an email asking when Android users may see app. Sure looks like what I have been wanting in aTPMS app.
    I just downloaded it. You must have mistyped or something.

One of the hardest decisions you'll ever face in life is choosing whether to walk away or try harder.

Spyder Garage

Found it. Initially searched for TPMS. This time I searched FOBO and got it.
    2014 RT Ltd Silver Platinum Satin, Ultimate Seat, rider and passenger backrests, Vented Windshield, Adjustable Side Wind Deflectors, Chrome Tri Axis Handlebars with GPS Support, Trailer Hitch Kit, RT-622 Trailer Silver Platinum Satin, Stebil Air Horn, BajaRon's Sway Bar, Spyderpops Bumpskid bike and Trailer, R/T grills, SpyderSisters Front Trunk Pockets, SpyderSisters Sunshade, Spyderflaps Mud Flap, many TricLED lights
    2014 Limited , Silver Playinum Satin

Spyder Garage

Great information! Looks like you and Phil have both named your Spyders 'Darth'...
    Mark & Mary Lou Lawson
    Snellville, GA USA
    '10 RT-S PE #0031
    '10 RT-622 Trailer
    '08 Yellow SM5 #2332
    '01 Black GL1800A Goldwing #0930

"Remember in the darkness what you have learned in the light." - Joe Bayly

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pitzerwm View Post
    Another question Pioneer Bob:o) Say you have the three sensors for the bike and they are set up and work fine. You are towing the bike in a trailer. Could you take the front 2 sensors from the bike and put them on your trailer(2 wheels) I assume that they reset to the different pressure in the trailer tires and then you are good to go.

Other than being cheap, do you think that this will work?

I just got confirmation from FOBO support, which BTW is great. You can buy the FOBO bike set plus one for the rear wheel install on the Spyder and all is as previously stated. When you are towing the bike on a trailer, you take the 2 off the front tires and put them on the trailer tires. You do not need to disable them when transferring them. You will need to reset the new pressure desired.

Spyder Garage

I just got confirmation from FOBO support, which BTW is great. You can buy the FOBO bike set plus one for the rear wheel install on the Spyder and all is as previously stated. When you are towing the bike on a trailer, you take the 2 off the front tires and put them on the trailer tires. You do not need to disable them when transferring them. You will need to reset the new pressure desired.
    No need to buy an extra sensor just buy the right kit here ya go

http://www.ebay.com/itm/181694937904...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
    2013 Mag Silver SE5 RT BahaRon Sway bar & Sway bar links, Grip Puppies, Kuryakyn Helmet locks , Ultimate Seat w/Utopia Backrest, Dash power outlet, Spyderpops BumpSkid, Swagman Cup holders, Full size Brake Pedal, Seal DLX Floorboards, Freeway Blaster horns, Sylvania Super Bright fender LEDs, Scotchlite 680 Rear & Fender Reflectors, BRP Fog Light Kit, LED Mirror turn signal strips, 2014 RT grille mod. Outlaw Laser Alignment

Spyder Garage

OK so understand though. While you do not need to do the process I said step by step let me clarify what happens.

If you go into the APP and change the tire pressure and click "done", the FOBO APP tells you to unscrew the sensor and wait 8 seconds. Then it tells you to screw it back on. What it is doing is basically the same thing, e.g it is unbinding and rebinding the sensor.. When you unscrew a sensor for more than 8 seconds it basically turns it off. The sensors turns itself on when you screw it on and it senses pressure. So again same thing.

So it is not just as simple as you say although this process the APP takes you through to change the pressure settings is quite easy.

So just to clarify. I did in fact test this and that is what you do.

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Magdave View Post
    No need to buy an extra sensor just buy the right kit here ya go

http://www.ebay.com/itm/181694937904...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
    Same thing. fobobikesales. That his Ebay page. So either way works.
    Difference with the ebay ad is when you checkout be sure to send a note in the "notes" box what color you want.

If you do it from his website, then your order FOBO bike and order 1 extra sensor. works out the same price.

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black

Spyder Garage

Fobo TPMS are now installed on my Spyder. Total install time is 20 minutes including air ajustement prior the installation of the TPMS. It's very easy to install when following the instruction of Bob (Finless). I also made one test with the apps by reducing air pressure of the front right tire and I heard the alarm in my helmet equiped with SENA SMH10. This is my results:

Spyder Garage

A couple days ago the iPhone FOBO app was updated. It added a 2 wheel trailer and a 4 wheel trailer. I expect another update soon for the air shock bag.

Android I cannot speak to as to its update as I don't have a android device on 4.4 yet.

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black

Spyder Garage

If you have been playing with your FOBO system, you will see that you can mail yourself a log. Right now the log is nondescript because they were just using it for trouble shooting. Here is what I figured out. It's an Excel spreadsheet, so if you have Office or a MS reader, you can check this out.

This is the link: You tell it to open the file with Excel, or you can save it too if you want.

http://williampitzer.com/FOBO.xlsx

Spyder Garage

So if they are adding the trailers, does the app allow for multiple "vehicles"? Like 1 screen for the spyder, swipe for the trailer, swipe for car/truck?
    2017 Can Am Commander Limited
    2012 Cadillac CTS-V Black Diamond
    2020 F3 Limited Magma Red (miss the 2011 Viper red)
    2010 RT622 - Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jwulf74 View Post
    So if they are adding the trailers, does the app allow for multiple "vehicles"? Like 1 screen for the spyder, swipe for the trailer, swipe for car/truck?
    Yes it does.

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black

Spyder Garage

Default iPhone APP update

FYI, The FOBO APP for the iPhone was updated yesterday and now includes the Spyder RT and 4th sensor for the rear shock air bag

They used a black Spyder RT for the image in the APP (to look like mine) since I worked with them on adding the 4th sensor

Thanks to the SpyderLover Markyodo that came up with the idea!

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black

Spyder Garage

Default say I have 2 spyders (1 for me and 1 for wife)...

I can get 1 set of 4 sensors and install with my phone on my spyder. Take readings and inflate/deflate as necessary. Then I can remove the sensors from my spyder and wait at least 8 seconds. Remount them on my wife's spyder in the same spots they were on mine and take the readings for her spyder.

Should work, right?

Because after Spyderfest, my farkle range is VERY small!
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Metallic Dark

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by sduskin View Post
    I can get 1 set of 4 sensors and install with my phone on my spyder. Take readings and inflate/deflate as necessary. Then I can remove the sensors from my spyder and wait at least 8 seconds. Remount them on my wife's spyder in the same spots they were on mine and take the readings for her spyder.

Should work, right?

Because after Spyderfest, my farkle range is VERY small!
    Yep!

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black

Spyder Garage

REALLY great find Bob!!
    Does the app allow setting alerts based on pressure/temp levels? And I mean iOS alerts that come across even on lock screens?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    REALLY great find Bob!!
    Does the app allow setting alerts based on pressure/temp levels? And I mean iOS alerts that come across even on lock screens?
    Yes it does depending on how high or low you have things set.

Here is the notification levels:

Bob
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by finless; 05-08-2015 at 11:00 PM.
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black

Spyder Garage

Hey Bob did you find out if the sensor will fit under an Ultimate seat without getting smashed yet?

Very Active Member OverHillAndDale's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Since I want it all...

I'd like to be able to monitor 3 and/or 5 tires for when I do and don't pull my trailer.

Also, can I synch my iPhone bluetooth to both my Garmin GPS AND the Fobo unit?
    2020- RT Limited
    Chalk White, Can-Am rear passenger armrests, Comfort Seat, Grip puppies, RAM Cup Holders, Providence RAM Mount
    FOBO2 TPMS
    Aluma MCTXL trailer
    BRP hitch
    Big Bike Parts wiring harness
    Permanent Smile!!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by OverHillAndDale View Post
    I'd like to be able to monitor 3 and/or 5 tires for when I do and don't pull my trailer.

Also, can I synch my iPhone bluetooth to both my Garmin GPS AND the Fobo unit?
    Yes, the FOBO unit uses an APP to communicate over Bluetooth. So to your phone it is a different device type than your GPS. So no issues.

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black