Quote Originally Posted by Magdave View Post
Hmm one picture is worth a thousand words

I can totally understand that. Over the past 6 years I have owned 3 Yamaha's and 2 Spyders (2009 RS and 2012 RT). I currently own and ride a 2015 Yamaha FJ-09. The RS never gave me any problems. The RT gave me the orange screen twice. Both times it restarted and I was able to continue on home. Although it never left me stranded I never trusted it again after that first orange screen. More than anything that caused me to trade it. It may have been totally reliable and had I kept it I may have ridden thousands of trouble free miles. However when you do not trust your machine there is always that doubt in the back of your mind and I could not enjoy a ride like that. I have never ever doubted my Yamaha's including the FJ-09. When considering a long ride or while riding I never give a breakdown (other than the possibility of a flat) the time of day. I gave up having the wife riding behind me as she won't go 2 up on 2 wheels, but she didn't ride with me that much anyway and she is okay with me going alone on the Yamaha. Had BRP introduced a lighter, faster, better handling RS with a detuned nanny for 2015 instead of that John Deere lawn mower otherwise known as the F3 I might, repeat might, have considered it instead of the Yamaha, but now that I have the FJ-09 I don't see myself riding anything else for a very long time. It is one sweet machine.