Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Spyder Garage

Package left Malaisya yesterday and is now in Anchorage (Alaska) at the Fedex installation. Should be in Montreal tomorrow morning and at home here in Quebec City by thursday.

TPMS will be install friday morning.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by tigerdr View Post
    Package left Malaisya yesterday and is now in Anchorage (Alaska) at the Fedex installation. Should be in Montreal tomorrow morning and at home here in Quebec City by thursday.

TPMS will be install friday morning.
    Enjoy man!

And if you need any help or anything let me know now that I have some experience with the system!

But wait..... My wife and I are leaving town for 4 days for our 31st wedding anniversary... So I wont be around....

I guess I will read about your news when I get home! Remember, you can always call support in the USA at fobobikesales.com!
    Bob Mutch is a great guy and answered all my questions.

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by finless View Post
    I am thinking of buying this.

http://fobobikesales.com

Anyone use it on a Spyder?

Bob
    After seeing this post and then watching the thread for a couple of days I just had to order for my spyder. Looks like a great product. Right after I ordered it got an email from Bob Mulch making sure I ordered the color I wanted. Sounds like great customer service. Can't wait to get it on the bike. Thanks for finding this product and posting.

Spyder Garage

Package receive this morning. Installation schedule for tomorrow.

Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MikeT View Post
    Do Spyders use metal valve stems? Every Bike/Trike TPMS system has some type of warning/disclaime about their use with rubber valve stems due to the potential for the rubber valve stem to fail because of the additional weight of the TPMS sensors on top of the stem. The only problem I ever had was removing the Tire Guard TPMS sensor. It loosened up the stem and caused the tire to go flat. Luckily I had a 4-way tire tool and fixed the problem and reinflated the tire.
    Spyders come with rubber valve, i already change my fronts to metal & when i pull off rear i will use 90 degree metal
    and those tpms units i would recommend on metal shaft only.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Package receive this morning. Installation schedule for tomorrow.

...And???

How did it go?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

This afternoon Bob. Little delay this morning....
    [emoji6]

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Fobo TPMS are now installed on my Spyder. Total install time is 20 minutes including air adjustement prior the installation of the TPMS. It's very easy to install when following the instruction of Bob (Finless). I also made one test with the apps by reducing air pressure of the front right tire and I heard the alarm in my helmet equiped with SENA SMH10. This is my results:

Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Default Arrived today

Since I want to monitor the Spyder, rear air shock and the RT-622 trailer tires, I was advised to buy 3 motorcycle kits. Will install Spyder monitors later today. Will do the trailer as needed.
    2014 RT Ltd Silver Platinum Satin, Ultimate Seat, rider and passenger backrests, Vented Windshield, Adjustable Side Wind Deflectors, Chrome Tri Axis Handlebars with GPS Support, Trailer Hitch Kit, RT-622 Trailer Silver Platinum Satin, Stebil Air Horn, BajaRon's Sway Bar, Spyderpops Bumpskid bike and Trailer, R/T grills, SpyderSisters Front Trunk Pockets, SpyderSisters Sunshade, Spyderflaps Mud Flap, many TricLED lights
    2014 Limited , Silver Playinum Satin

Spyder Garage

Received mine this morning and the only problem I had was with the lock-nuts, nowhere is it mentioned (could have missed it) that it takes a wrench to install the lock-nut far enough down on the threads to get the sensor on. The software is easy to understand only wish it had a Temp / Pressure Log, I mailed the log file to myself but parameters are not identifiable. I weight the unit and the lock-nut is .83 grams and the sensor is 11.23 grams.

Spyder Garage

Default Problems with HTC ONE (M8) with Lollipop version Android

My sensors arrived Friday and later that day I attempted to install them. During my investigation of this product I had been in contact with James Lim of FOBO. So after opening the app and selecting the Spyder icon and inputting my target pressures for the three corners I followed the next step and installed the sensor on the right front tire. Could not detect the sensor. Unscrewed, waited 8 seconds retightened, still could not detected. Display now showed "Disabled" for that tire position. Moved on with same results on left front and rear. All three positions now showing "Disabled".

Dropped James a line. Told him of process I followed and that I had confirmed that BT 4.0 was indeed installed on my phone. He informed me that they had another customer with the same phone and version of Android (5.01) and he had the same problem. That guy got them to work by going through the "Disable/Install Sensor" routine. Tried that, still cannot detect the sensors. James tells me that they will prioritize updating their Android app to address the issues with the Lollipop version.

So I have them mounted, just need to remove them when I want to check my tire pressures. Hopefully it will not be too long until the wrinkles are ironed out.
    2014 RT Ltd Silver Platinum Satin, Ultimate Seat, rider and passenger backrests, Vented Windshield, Adjustable Side Wind Deflectors, Chrome Tri Axis Handlebars with GPS Support, Trailer Hitch Kit, RT-622 Trailer Silver Platinum Satin, Stebil Air Horn, BajaRon's Sway Bar, Spyderpops Bumpskid bike and Trailer, R/T grills, SpyderSisters Front Trunk Pockets, SpyderSisters Sunshade, Spyderflaps Mud Flap, many TricLED lights
    2014 Limited , Silver Playinum Satin

Spyder Garage

You put the locknut first by hand. Left at least 5-6 thread for the TPMS. After, install the TPMS.

When the TPMS is install, take the tools and turn « COUNTERCLOCK » the locknut in the TPMS.

Don't screw too hard...

Spyder Garage

My manual did talk about the lock nuts but only briefly.

FOBO Website has some good videos on just about everything.

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come

Spyder Garage

Hey Bob. Thanks for all your videos you post. When I get some farkle money I will be adding some.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vrider... 2014 RT LTD.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pjweimer View Post
    My sensors arrived Friday and later that day I attempted to install them. During my investigation of this product I had been in contact with James Lim of FOBO. So after opening the app and selecting the Spyder icon and inputting my target pressures for the three corners I followed the next step and installed the sensor on the right front tire. Could not detect the sensor. Unscrewed, waited 8 seconds retightened, still could not detected. Display now showed "Disabled" for that tire position. Moved on with same results on left front and rear. All three positions now showing "Disabled".

Dropped James a line. Told him of process I followed and that I had confirmed that BT 4.0 was indeed installed on my phone. He informed me that they had another customer with the same phone and version of Android (5.01) and he had the same problem. That guy got them to work by going through the "Disable/Install Sensor" routine. Tried that, still cannot detect the sensors. James tells me that they will prioritize updating their Android app to address the issues with the Lollipop version.

So I have them mounted, just need to remove them when I want to check my tire pressures. Hopefully it will not be too long until the wrinkles are ironed out.
    Thanks for that info. I have Lollipop 5.0 on my Galaxy S5 with Verizon, I'll hold up with any updates until a fix is available. I did have a problem re initiating my FL Sensor after changing the parameters, only after removing the battery did I get the sensor to be recognized.

Spyder Garage

I will just check mine to old way. With a gage. Cost nothing.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MrBones View Post
    I will just check mine to old way. With a gage. Cost nothing.
    Extremely difficult to do at 75 MPH.

Spyder Garage

Ordered one today. Will check back once installed.

Spyder Garage

21 PSI in front and 26 PSI in rear tire.

Spyder Garage

21 PSI in front and 26 PSI in rear tire.
    I run 19 in the fronts and 28 in the rear.

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black

Spyder Garage

Default iPhone APP udate

FYI, The FOBO APP for the iPhone was updated yesterday and now includes the Spyder RT and 4th sensor for the rear shock air bag

They used a black Spyder RT for the image in the APP (to look like mine) since I worked with them on adding the 4th sensor

Thanks to the SpyderLover Markyodo that came up with the idea!

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black