Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

I just switched to Foremost from Geico. Same coverage 2/3 the cost.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jcasey View Post
    I just switched to Foremost from Geico. Same coverage 2/3 the cost.
    Geico is not the cheapest in every state. They are the cheapest here in Arizona, but probably not in Alabama. I'll look into that Foremost company just to compare rates here.

Pam

• 2015 RT-S Special Series / Red & Black
    • Baja Ron Sway Bar
    • Utopia Backrest
    • F4 Customs tall and wide vented windshield
    • Stebel Super Loud Air Horn
    • Baker Built Air Wings
    • LaMonster Highway Pegs
    • SpyderPops Exhaust Block Off Plate
    • SpyderPops KOTT Grill
    • SpyderPops Belt Guard
    • Cat Bypass
    • Laser Alignment by Squared Away
    • TricLED Fender Lights
    • General Altimax RT43 rear tire
    • Dual flag holder
    • Mud Flap
    • A$$hole seeking missile system

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    As an Independent Insurance Agent, with 37 years of experience...
    Pricing, while important; should NEVER be used as the main consideration when purchasing insurance.
    Ultimately; it comes down to policy servicing... How well a company handles a claim, can make all of the difference!
    I've heard that from other people too, and it makes sense. I've only had one insurance claim (someone broke into my car) during my 50 years of driving cars and riding motorcycles, so I don't have much experience in that regard. I've always sought the lowest rate, so I think I'm ahead of the game.

Pam

• 2015 RT-S Special Series / Red & Black
    • Baja Ron Sway Bar
    • Utopia Backrest
    • F4 Customs tall and wide vented windshield
    • Stebel Super Loud Air Horn
    • Baker Built Air Wings
    • LaMonster Highway Pegs
    • SpyderPops Exhaust Block Off Plate
    • SpyderPops KOTT Grill
    • SpyderPops Belt Guard
    • Cat Bypass
    • Laser Alignment by Squared Away
    • TricLED Fender Lights
    • General Altimax RT43 rear tire
    • Dual flag holder
    • Mud Flap
    • A$$hole seeking missile system

Spyder Garage

Default RT-s 2015 insurance $350 annually

I'm in Wisconsin and used this insurance company. http://www.markelinsuresfun.com/quote
    See if this is available in your area? Good Luck

How much was your quote?

Quote Originally Posted by Michiganspyderman View Post
    I'm ready to pull the trigger and move my insurance coverage to Foremost from Progressive. I also have a good quote from Allstate that is a more well known company. Several folks have stated that Foremost is competitive and are happy with their coverage. Has anyone had any real life interaction with Foremost (i.e. filed a claim, utilized their road side assistance program,...)? My gut says Foremost will be fine but I's like some reassurance from someone who has actually dealt with them more than just on paper. Thx!

Registered Users ScreaminMeanie's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by sidecars View Post
    Buying new Can Am today. I had my first fender bender in more than 25 years a month ago, and no tickets in 25 years, but have quotes of $100 a month. I've been riding for 40 years on two wheelers and never a ticket or claim on them.
    Holy crap! I'm paying less than 1/10th that much - $19/month!

And that's with a prior claim on my prior Spyder. A motorcycling friend took it for a test ride once, got hit by a stiff gust of wind, automatically countersteered to correct, and drove it through a barbed-wire fence. Luckily, she was fine, but the Spyder incurred a ~$3K repair ticket (most of it for the Tupperware). While it was her insurance company that settled up with me, she also had her coverage through State Farm. In any case, the "infraction" did not go against me since I was not driving at the time.

It is true that rates vary from state to state. When I first got into motorcycling, I initially went with the carrier I already had at the time for house/car, and the rates were reasonable. My ex-husband kept telling me that we should switch to Progressive because their ads said their rates were lower. At the time I was paying approximately $120/bike/year (both older, relatively inexpensive bikes), and the quote I got from Progressive for the same coverage was approximately $1000/bike/year. Same thing happened a couple years later when I got a quote from Geico, but it was only about $600/bike/year.

So, it absolutely does pay to shop around. Be sure you're comparing apples to apples (i.e., same coverages), as well as dealing with a carrier you trust. I can't tell you who that would be in your area. Meanwhile, you're doing the right thing asking on here about how various companies have handled claims/customer service.

Enjoy your new wheels!!!

Spyder Garage

I have Allstate and have had them for years on house cars and motorcycles and now Spyder. They have always treated me fairly on any of my claims. When I had my really bad accident in 2011 on the Royal Star Venture they paid my wife the full face value of the policy on the personal injury side, no waiting and no questions, and did not raise my rates. I also have vanishing deductible and am now down to $100 on a $500 deductible. They did not want to pay as much as I thought the RSV was worth but we did come to a figure I was happy with. I got a quote from another company that was cheaper but after factoring in the point I was at with the vanishing deductible and some other things on the personal liability and my experience with their service I stayed with Allstate.
    Last edited by pegasus1300; 07-07-2015 at 03:14 PM.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

I am not sure how useful talking about quotes can be when each state, in fact area, has different rates. The cheap company in one area will be the most expensive in another. When I insured four bikes in Maryland (used to work for Fed), State Farm was the cheapest PLUS at that time they didn't ask about displacement or if your bike was a turbo. That was a plus as well. Came down to Texas about 20 years ago and State Farm was most expensive for the same bikes. I WAS WAS WAS a member of AARP and we have our car insurance through Hartford. Really good rates. If you QUIT AARP, Hartford still carries you and the rates are still the same. I would suggest joining AARP if you want to go with Foremost and take advantage of their group rates and then quit AARP asap if you don't like being associated with that organization for some reason.
    wiredgeorge Mico TX
    2010 Can-Am Spyder RT SM5

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I totaled a 2004 Ski Doo Renegade 800 with only 345 miles on it and Foremost gave me 1K more than I paid as they paid based on replacement cost and I bought through Spring order. They even wanted to buy me a new helmet! I have kept them for the sleds because of the great service.

Having said that, I ended up with Dairyland for the Spyder. Big coverage for under $260.00 per year.

Spyder Garage

Default CRB

I'm ready to pull the trigger and move my insurance coverage to Foremost from Progressive. I also have a good quote from Allstate that is a more well known company. Several folks have stated that Foremost is competitive and are happy with their coverage. Has anyone had any real life interaction with Foremost (i.e. filed a claim, utilized their road side assistance program,...)? My gut says Foremost will be fine but I's like some reassurance from someone who has actually dealt with them more than just on paper. Thx!
    I found that Geico at least in my area has the best pricing and the reputation is very good also. Just a thought. Good luck. My coverage is very good.

Spyder Garage

Default CRB

I am in Ohio north of cincy and my rate for high limits at Geico for the year is $330.00

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BikerDoc View Post
    That is so true... and I really hate it when someone comes on here and says they got "full coverage".. Of course there is no such thing. There are simply hundreds, maybe thousands of different coverage combinations that will result in different prices even from the same company

Most folks take full coverage as comprehensive/collision AND liability. It can also mean uninsured/underinsured medical, uninsured/underinsured medical and also property, PIP, roadside assistance and prolly a zillion other riders.
    wiredgeorge Mico TX
    2010 Can-Am Spyder RT SM5