Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Foremost vs. Allstate

I'm ready to pull the trigger and move my insurance coverage to Foremost from Progressive. I also have a good quote from Allstate that is a more well known company. Several folks have stated that Foremost is competitive and are happy with their coverage. Has anyone had any real life interaction with Foremost (i.e. filed a claim, utilized their road side assistance program,...)? My gut says Foremost will be fine but I's like some reassurance from someone who has actually dealt with them more than just on paper. Thx!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I recently moved FROM Foremost to Geico. In Kansas, Foremost simply was not price-competitive by a long-shot. I think rates differ from state-to-state. Need to shop around.

Spyder Garage

Default Same here

Quote Originally Posted by Michiganspyderman View Post
    I'm ready to pull the trigger and move my insurance coverage to Foremost from Progressive. I also have a good quote from Allstate that is a more well known company. Several folks have stated that Foremost is competitive and are happy with their coverage. Has anyone had any real life interaction with Foremost (i.e. filed a claim, utilized their road side assistance program,...)? My gut says Foremost will be fine but I's like some reassurance from someone who has actually dealt with them more than just on paper. Thx!
    I moved from Foremost to Geico simply for the lower cost..

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Insurance rates are based on:
    1. Zip Code,
    2. Coverage Limits,
    3. Age of Policy(new vs. renewal), and
    4. Discounts
    That's why comparing insurance just on premium paid is so inaccurate.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Pricing is something you'll have to compare. Just make sure you are comparing apples to apples; where all features/benefits are exactly the same. Too many times there are differences in policy coverage which helps lower premiums.

However, I had Foremost once and had an unbelievably great experience with their claims-paying.

I had a HD Ultra-Classic that was nearly totaled. Foremost was great to work with on this claim and helped me in many ways to get the bike back to 100%. They even came to my defense against my local dealer who did not want to replace a few things (if you can believe that). Progressive did this with no hassles at all. I could not say enough about my positive experience with them that entire situation.

I did, however, switch insurance later simply because of a drastic difference in rates. I do wonder though if it would be worth paying more for them for if I were ever to have another claim. Who knows? I certainly hope I never find out.

SL #7026
    VBA #652
    HOG #3935417
    2011 Viper-Red Spyder RT SE5 & Trailer
    2017 HD Ultra Limited
    Former Rides: 2014 HD Ultra Limited; '04 Kawa Nomad; '09 HD Ultra-Classic; and many Hondas through the years.
    Spyder Newbies Do's & Do Not's: http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...-Spyder-owners

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Illinois Boy View Post
    Pricing is something you'll have to compare. Just make sure you are comparing apples to apples; where all features/benefits are exactly the same. Too many times there are differences in policy coverage which helps lower premiums.

However, I had Foremost once and had an unbelievably great experience with their claims-paying.

I had a HD Ultra-Classic that was nearly totaled. Foremost was great to work with on this claim and helped me in many ways to get the bike back to 100%. They even came to my defense against my local dealer who did not want to replace a few things (if you can believe that). Progressive did this with no hassles at all. I could not say enough about my positive experience with them that entire situation.

I did, however, switch insurance later simply because of a drastic difference in rates. I do wonder though if it would be worth paying more for them for if I were ever to have another claim. Who knows? I certainly hope I never find out.
    Thanks! Based on the minimal # of responses, many use Foremost but luckily have never had to file a claim which is what I'm really looking to find out about - how was their experience?

Spyder Garage

Default Foremost

I have Foremost & have them for years, very price competitive. I had a claim on my Spyder last year & service & cliam handling was great. They are part of Farmers Ins. This was my first (and last i hope) claim. But no problems, & I used to handle auto/ cycle insurance claims before i retired. Hopes this helps, MarcusB

Spyder Garage

I have had two interactions with Progressive. All were just great. My last in California would have made a great TV spot. I had just KO a deer and Gl 1800 and it could not have gone any smoother. In NC I could save some but I don't think it is worth it.
    If I can't fix it, I will fix it so no one can fix it. Sypder Loco!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Foremost has their headquarters in Caledonia, MI which was very close to where I used to live, they were well respected in the community and I have positive things about their products. AARP uses them.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

As an Independent Insurance Agent, with 37 years of experience...
    Pricing, while important; should NEVER be used as the main consideration when purchasing insurance.
    Ultimately; it comes down to policy servicing... How well a company handles a claim, can make all of the difference!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MikeT View Post
    Insurance rates are based on:
    1. Zip Code,
    2. Coverage Limits,
    3. Age of Policy(new vs. renewal), and
    4. Discounts
    That's why comparing insurance just on premium paid is so inaccurate.
    That is so true... and I really hate it when someone comes on here and says they got "full coverage".. Of course there is no such thing. There are simply hundreds, maybe thousands of different coverage combinations that will result in different prices even from the same company
    220,000 Mile Spyder Ryder, IBA Premier member #59352, Saddlesore 1000 (11), Bun Burner 1500 (3), Saddlesore 2000 (2), Bun Burner Gold, MILEEATER SILVER

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Agree...

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    As an Independent Insurance Agent, with 37 years of experience...
    Pricing, while important; should NEVER be used as the main consideration when purchasing insurance.
    Ultimately; it comes down to policy servicing... How well a company handles a claim, can make all of the difference!

...that's why I asked the group for personal experiences with the referenced companies. I have 3 "apples to apples" quotes and wanted to know about the performance of each when a claim was submitted.

Spyder Garage

Default I have Foremost

I like the company. I wrecked my Yamaha Tour Deluxe last year. They handled everything. I had no problems with them at all.
    Vossr
    Sage Monkey
    MSgt, USAF ret

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

...that's why I asked the group for personal experiences with the referenced companies. I have 3 "apples to apples" quotes and wanted to know about the performance of each when a claim was submitted.
    All things being equal: Pick the Company that specializes in it's PowerSports program.
    In this case; that would be Foremost...

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    All things being equal: Pick the Company that specializes in it's PowerSports program.
    In this case; that would be Foremost...
    DONE!! Thanks!

Spyder Garage

DONE!! Thanks!
    I've used Foremost for the last 5 motorcycles. I use them now for my '14 RT. I also had Foremost on my house and made two large claims. They quickly paid those claims (storm damage). Based on internet searches, Allstate is rated as the number one WORST insurance company in America and Progressive gives millions of dollars each year to the ACLU. But as always, it's your choice.

Spyder Garage

Default insurance

Foremost is the best had a claim last year they took care of it with no problems and fast and if you are a member of aarp they include great roadside assistance

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ricford View Post
    Based on internet searches, Allstate is rated as the number one WORST insurance company in America and Progressive gives millions of dollars each year to the ACLU. But as always, it's your choice.
    There's a little bit more to that story...
    Allstate's rating is in part due to how they handle third party claims...
    If you are involved in an accident with an Allstate Customer; they will fight tooth and nail, to pay less than what the actual damages are.
    I've have personally seen instances where an Allstate driver has rear-ended one of our clients, and they refused to pay 100% of the damages...
    Ours is a "comparative negligence" State; You get reimbursed based upon the percentage of the accident that was the other guy's fault...
    Allstate NEVER wants to admit 100% negligence!
    Now; they treat their own customers differently...

I'm no fan of either Company...

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Did you know

That the President of Foremost is the largest suppoter of..................Sorry I couldn't resist after reading the Progressive thread. I have Foremost, I have not had the opportunity to use them yet, thankfully.
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'm not a fan of either of the two Companies that have been mentioned...
    But it's for reasons that are completely immaterial to this conversation.
    As is Politics... Are you protecting your bike, or are you voting?

Very Active Member granpa in Cincy's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=SpyderAnn01;953439. AARP uses them.[/QUOTE]

Well that's a negative.
    2014 RT S SE6 Cognac. Built on 12/20/13.
    2014 VW EOS 2.0 TSI replaced the RT S 5/22/2017

Spyder Garage

Went from Foremost to Liberty Mutual.... 400 yr to 240 yr....and Liberty Mutual is no Progressive or Geico!!!!!
    Last edited by Spyderups; 06-26-2015 at 09:19 PM.

Registered Users ScreaminMeanie's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I was pleasantly surprised when I added my new-to-me RT-S to my existing (State Farm) policy. On my previous Spyder (an RSS), the rates were considerably higher than they are now. I wonder if insurance prices are going down on Spyders in general as more of them have been on the road awhile. Possibly due to lower claim rates than on 2-wheeled motorbikes?

Spyder Garage

Default Ouch

Buying new Can Am today. I had my first fender bender in more than 25 years a month ago, and no tickets in 25 years, but have quotes of $100 a month. I've been riding for 40 years on two wheelers and never a ticket or claim on them.

2015 Spyder RT Special Edition

http://triketrek.com A website dedicated to the Spyder RT.

Farkle:
    Utopia backrest
    Garmin cheap ass GPS
    Some canned sparkling water in trunk.
    Intense Red Pearl/Steel Black Metallic
    Travels so far:

Spyder Garage

I have found Geico to the be the most cost competitive. I've had my motorcycles covered by them for many years, and even shop around occasionally just to check. It depends on your state though. Some states are higher than others.

Pam

• 2015 RT-S Special Series / Red & Black
    • Baja Ron Sway Bar
    • Utopia Backrest
    • F4 Customs tall and wide vented windshield
    • Stebel Super Loud Air Horn
    • Baker Built Air Wings
    • LaMonster Highway Pegs
    • SpyderPops Exhaust Block Off Plate
    • SpyderPops KOTT Grill
    • SpyderPops Belt Guard
    • Cat Bypass