Spyder Garage

Default Trying to replace the feeble horn on the F3S

I'm trying to replace the horn on my F3S with a more robust safety sounding horn. I have several horns on hand but cannot find the F3 horn location. The shop manual indicates it is located near the right front tire under a panel. I have been under the bike and there is no obvious panel. Has anybody replaced the F3 horn?? Help

Spyder Garage

I sure hope someone knows the location of the horn, I also want to replace the stock one, maybe with a air horn.

Spyder Garage

Default Not sure..!!

but from the parts catalog it looks to be in the lower left side. Don't know the panel set up but between the frunk shell and the outer body panel opposite the left wheel...someone must have a manual by now. Maybe the will share....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

My electronic manual shows the horn underneath the F3 on right tire side. May have to jack up the F3. The "Right protection panel" underneath needs to be removed - pulls straight down (don't know whether their are fasteners).

Appears to be just across from inside right tire.

No wonder it is not loud - it is located close to ground with a cover over it.

Hope this helps

Manual will not let me copy picture.
    2020 RT Ride Frequent Stay Safe
    Aftermarket Aux Light, GPS mounting/wiring, Lamonster Garage Mirror Lock, Lamonster Garage Belt Tensioner
    Backrest Home Brew Mod

2008 RS from 2008 through 4/2015, 2015 F3-S from 4/2015 through 9/2020

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default HORN

Quote Originally Posted by palover View Post
    I'm trying to replace the horn on my F3S with a more robust safety sounding horn. I have several horns on hand but cannot find the F3 horn location. The shop manual indicates it is located near the right front tire under a panel. I have been under the bike and there is no obvious panel. Has anybody replaced the F3 horn?? Help
    I just checked the parts FICHE' @ PROCALIBER.COM ......elec. systems accessories.....part #391.........It does look like it is located on the right lower side .....It doesn't show all the surrounding parts ......but I think the main problem is that the CONE faces " DOWN ".....I had this on my GS and fixed the problem by turning the HORN so the cone faced forward........It made a hugh difference in how loud it was when standing in front of the Spyder........Take some of the side panels off the right front and look.!!!!...............Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    I just checked the parts FICHE' @ PROCALIBER.COM ......elec. systems accessories.....part #391.........It does look like it is located on the right lower side .....It doesn't show all the surrounding parts ......but I think the main problem is that the CONE faces " DOWN ".....I had this on my GS and fixed the problem by turning the HORN so the cone faced forward........It made a hugh difference in how loud it was when standing in front of the Spyder........Take some of the side panels off the right front and look.!!!!...............Mike
    It is located underneath front end across from right tire. There is a panel underneath that has to be removed. It appears horn is facing right tire direction and is completely covered.

Close to bottom of Spyder and covered - yea great spot for a horn - NOT!
    2020 RT Ride Frequent Stay Safe
    Aftermarket Aux Light, GPS mounting/wiring, Lamonster Garage Mirror Lock, Lamonster Garage Belt Tensioner
    Backrest Home Brew Mod

2008 RS from 2008 through 4/2015, 2015 F3-S from 4/2015 through 9/2020

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BeRight View Post
    My electronic manual shows the horn underneath the F3 on right tire side. May have to jack up the F3. The "Right protection panel" underneath needs to be removed - pulls straight down (don't know whether their are fasteners).

Appears to be just across from inside right tire.

No wonder it is not loud - it is located close to ground with a cover over it.

Hope this helps

Manual will not let me copy picture.
    On the 2014 RT, pull the side panel and the horn is immediately available but not so on the F3. Even the dealer mechanic did not know where it is located. You are correct, the shop manual indicates it's underneath, adjacent to the right tire. I guess I must be going blind.

Spyder Garage

Default HORN

Quote Originally Posted by palover View Post
    SPYDERPOPS HAS A REALLY LOUD GOOD SOUNDING HORN AND PUT IT AT ANEW LOCATION ON MY BIKE. GIVE HIM A BUZZ,

Ron

Very Active Member Orange Spyder Man's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

guess yall lucky BRP did not put the horn inside the rear tire or some other ridiculous place..

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

well whatever you do I found the WOLO horn made a huge difference versus the stock horn on my RT..Plug and play.

Spyder Garage

Default Info on wool horn please

Quote Originally Posted by trikermutha View Post
    well whatever you do I found the WOLO horn made a huge difference versus the stock horn on my RT..Plug and play.
    hello Trikermutha, can you send info on who makes the horn you used and who sells it?
    thanks.
    Terry
    2020 RTL - Petrol Blue Metalic / Black, dark model.
    Colour match rear tail cover, Garmin GPS.
    Heated Ultra Comfort driver seat & backrest.
    LED headlamps, LED Front corner lamps and lower front LED lamp.
    Baja Ron sway bar.
    Ride Til You Rot!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RTL1330 View Post
    hello Trikermutha, can you send info on who makes the horn you used and who sells it?
    thanks.
    Terry
    Check out Harbor Freight Tool.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RTL1330 View Post
    thanks.
    Terry

http://wolo-mfg.com/horns/motorcycle-horns.html

My dad even put one his RT..
    As mentioned Harbor freight,Grainger,and others sell these items

The 619 horn worked great on my RT..
    Last edited by trikermutha; 04-08-2015 at 10:40 AM.

Spyder Garage

I would contact SpyderPops (a vendor here). I know he does some horn replacements.