Very Active Member mastertek2000's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default for those that need reading glasses

well as i get older i find that i need reading glasses when i ride i have a hard time seeing the time or my gps so i did some research and came up with these you in stall them on the inside of you face shield at the bottom of the lens works like a charm hope it helps you it was a great solution for $15 bucks

http://www.ebay.com/itm/111231452189...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

i use them all the time, i use 1.75
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Spyder Garage

A couple of years ago I found sunglasses in the fishing section of WalMart with readers built in since then I've found them a couple of other places. I've also found wrap around safety glasses in clear with readers built in. I keep one of each on the bikes for riding and found out being able to see the speedometer sure makes the cops happy.
    Happy Owner

Spyder Garage

Default YES YES

Now this may be the cats MEEEEEOW
    thanks

this posting has been vetted, scrubbed and endorsed by the
    committee for postings

Spyder Garage

just ordered a pair

committee for postings

Spyder Garage

A big +1! I also have been using them for years -- got 'em to read paper maps when bicycling -- in pre-GPS days.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

For those of us who don't have/use/want a full face helmet, or who ride without a helmet, there are dozens of sunglass/goggle options too - here's one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Motorcycle-r...-/300483206249

Some of these are good choices and $10 a pair (2 for $20)...
    2014 RT SE6 Rider
    X - Honda Rider
    X - RT S driver
    X - RS driver
    Lifetime VFW Member

Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I like that, i just sent my wife to harmon to get it if they have it there

Spyder Garage

Here are the Bearkats that I use. The sunglasses version doesn't show right now.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0035K...=AC_SX200_QL40
    "If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning." Catherine Aird

Spyder Garage

Default Bummer..!!

I've got monovision. Each eye is a different correction. I usually have to get two pair and switch the lenses. Great idea and I have some time yet cause I can see the guages still but closer than that need readers...thanks for the info....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I may have an even better idea for ya.... before I needed glasses all the time I had the same trouble seeing the dash
    so one day I was at the Safety Store getting some stuff and there on the counter was a display of some cool safety glasses
    that wrap around and has nice style and they were reading glasses you just turn the rack around until you find the ones you
    need.... 75-100-150-200-225-250... they cost $9.00 then last time I was there they were $15.00. Go to your Safety Store
    and check them out. they came clear, amber and sun glasses tint
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by mastertek2000 View Post
    well as i get older i find that i need reading glasses when i ride i have a hard time seeing the time or my gps so i did some research and came up with these you in stall them on the inside of you face shield at the bottom of the lens works like a charm hope it helps you it was a great solution for $15 bucks

http://www.ebay.com/itm/111231452189...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I wear prescription glasses with progressive bifocals already. My problem was finding frames that fit inside my full-face helmet. It wasn't the front (didn't need wrap-arounds) but wire-type ear pieces would bend and plastic ones were uncomfortable. I finally found some that are just right, and wear them with my prescription only when ryding.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

Default Glasses

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieSpyder View Post
    I wear prescription glasses with progressive bifocals already. My problem was finding frames that fit inside my full-face helmet. It wasn't the front (didn't need wrap-arounds) but wire-type ear pieces would bend and plastic ones were uncomfortable. I finally found some that are just right, and wear them with my prescription only when ryding.
    If you need any type of distance correction,and need help with with near vision, the progressive lens is the way to go. If the vision in your two eyes are different,or if you have astigmatism,these lenses can balance your distance vision and help you see intermediate distance,like your gauges and read up close, and everywhere in between. The only caveat is where you have them made. I've seen them upside-down, too high,too low,etc.

if you are lucky enough to have good distance vision and the stick-ons work, great! Just get a thorough vision exam every couple years to make sure to make sure that you don't have glaucoma, or other eye diseases, which sometimes have no symptoms

probably too much information.

Ron
    Semi-retired Optometrist

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Ronbo View Post
    If you need any type of distance correction,and need help with with near vision, the progressive lens is the way to go. If the vision in your two eyes are different,or if you have astigmatism,these lenses can balance your distance vision and help you see intermediate distance,like your gauges and read up close, and everywhere in between. The only caveat is where you have them made. I've seen them upside-down, too high,too low,etc.

if you are lucky enough to have good distance vision and the stick-ons work, great! Just get a thorough vision exam every couple years to make sure to make sure that you don't have glaucoma, or other eye diseases, which sometimes have no symptoms

probably too much information.

Ron
    Semi-retired Optometrist
    Good info, Rondo. I took my helmet to the optician and he figured how to shape the lenses while wearing the frames with my helmet. I had previously tried the Willy-X prescription goggles, but they put the lenses too far from my eyes and messed with my vision. My optician has such good service he gave me a full credit and I got the frames I use now. They really look awful when I'm not wearing my helmet, but they do the trick for ryding.

[BTW, I do have astigmatism in one eye and the prescriptions for the two eyes are quite different.]
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

Patti,

Hope you never need hearing aids. That adds a whole new dimension to the problem.
    Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link
    May ALL your roads be beautiful
    Greisemer's Mill Bridge, Oley, PA
    2013 RT Limited , Lava Bronze with Antler Brown Seat

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by robmorg View Post
    Patti,

Hope you never need hearing aids. That adds a whole new dimension to the problem.

​I leave those bad boys home when ryding

committee for postings

Spyder Garage

http://www.safetyglassesusa.com/safreadglas.html. A bunch of different styles and prices. I use the Pyramex V2 readers, have for years.

Clifford Fargason
    2013 Spyder RTL
    2007 Royal Star Venture

Spyder Garage

Default Glasses

Good info, Rondo. I took my helmet to the optician and he figured how to shape the lenses while wearing the frames with my helmet. I had previously tried the Willy-X prescription goggles, but they put the lenses too far from my eyes and messed with my vision. My optician has such good service he gave me a full credit and I got the frames I use now. They really look awful when I'm not wearing my helmet, but they do the trick for ryding.

[BTW, I do have astigmatism in one eye and the prescriptions for the two eyes are quite different.]
    Sounds like you have a great optician!

Ron

Spyder Garage

Default Question

I like the idea of putting the "readers" on the face shield, but I'm wondering I use 2.50 and when you have your glasses on, they are 1/2" or so from your eye ball. Would your "need/Rx" change if putting them on the face shield because its 2" + from your eyeball?

One of the hardest decisions you'll ever face in life is choosing whether to walk away or try harder.

Spyder Garage

Search the forum for the word "flasher" and you wI'll find the procedure

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bogie View Post
    Search the forum for the word "flasher" and you wI'll find the procedure

What??? The whole forum or this thread?? What's flasher got to do with readers?

One of the hardest decisions you'll ever face in life is choosing whether to walk away or try harder.

Spyder Garage

Oops, wrong post