Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Default Seems like.....

no matter what one does in the setup---you still have to monkey with the off button when you do not want the alarm to arm---i.e. push off button 2 or 6 times. From what I read the only way to have a manual alarm is to NOT hook up the brown wire & disable auto re-arm in setup. That sound right to you??

Thanks,

Using the alarm tips:

If Alarm is turned OFF (Auto ARM off), when you turn off the key and the Spyder shuts down (takes a few seconds for the Spyder to turn everything off), you will get 3 chirps. This is just a reminder that you have not armed the alarm. You cannot disable this feature.

Regardless if you have turned the Alarm OFF (Auto ARM off) in setup.
    When you arm the alarm (lock button) and then come back and press the unlock to disarm it, if you do not turn your key on right away it will arm itself again!
    IF you want to disarm it and not worry about turning on the key in 25 seconds, just press the unlock once and wait for the chirp, then right away press the unlock button again. It should now not re-arm. However on mine sometimes I have to press the unlock button more than 2 times. I think this was a change to software over time. Mine takes 6 succession presses of unlock to disable it from re-arming. So try twice and if that does not work try 6 times.

Just some tips from me.... Later I will post some pics and videos as time allows.

Bob[/QUOTE]
    Bob

Spyder Garage

Yes this sounds right but I have not tried that.
    I do not mind pressing the disarm button 2-6 times.
    I do not use the alarm that often so auto arm is off. I leave the battery out of the remote and in my trunk. When I want to use it, I turn off the key and wait for the 3 chirps. Put the battery in the remote and arm it.

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black