Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Corbin heated seat- I got to tell you

The other day it was a little cold so I took a ride into town and decided to try out my heated seat. I've never had a heated seat and didn't know if I would even like it let alone love it.

As you guessed, I love this thing. It's like climbing into a nice warm bed on a cold winter night. It was close to being hot but it still felt good and the heat seemed to transfer through the rest of my body.

If you're an all season rider I would highly recommend the Corbin heated seat. It's starting to snow here now and I'm thinking about taking a ride into town just so I can try the seat again.

Spyder Garage

will do...
    THOSE WHO LIVE BY THE SWORD DIE BY THE SWORD... BUT...THOSE WHO MASTER THE SWORD SURVIVE BY THE SWORD....
    Rev. J. Proctor
    reverendproctor.com

HAPPY SPYDER OWNER

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    The other day it was a little cold so I took a ride into town and decided to try out my heated seat. I've never had a heated seat and didn't know if I would even like it let alone love it.

As you guessed, I love this thing. It's like climbing into a nice warm bed on a cold winter night. It was close to being hot but it still felt good and the heat seemed to transfer through the rest of my body.

If you're an all season rider I would highly recommend the Corbin heated seat. It's starting to snow here now and I'm thinking about taking a ride into town just so I can try the seat again.

How is the comfort?
    How long did it take to get?

Spyder Garage

Does it feel like you wet your pants? I can't get behind heated seats for that reason. Ick.

I prefer less high-tech ways of keeping warm...

"I <3 attention!"
    -DD

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by daddydarko View Post
    Does it feel like you wet your pants? I can't get behind heated seats for that reason. Ick.

I prefer less high-tech ways of keeping warm...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by smokster View Post
    How is the comfort?
    How long did it take to get?
    To me the stock seat wasn't all that bad and the Corbin is much better than some of the other Corbins I've had. Pretty soft for a Corbin and feels great. I picked mine up while I was in Sturgis.

Quote Originally Posted by daddydarko View Post
    This is my first heated seat so I don't have any other to compare it to but there was no "wet pants" feel to it. Maybe you have other issues

Spyder Garage

Well, darn! Now I'm going to have to save my $$$ for a new Corbin heated driver's seat, a passenger seat and a driver's backrest!

Looks GREAT!!
    Very happy SM5 owner
    JO ANNE

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post

I was under the impression that BRP were going to introduce as an option a heated seat for the Spyder, they already use them on their SKi doos

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Motza View Post
    I was under the impression that BRP were going to introduce as an option a heated seat for the Spyder, they already use them on their SKi doos
    They haven't even figured out heated grips...and they are a snowmobile company. Don't hold your breath. Last I heard was the official word was no changes for the Spyder in 2009. The available (or soon to be available) accessories are already listed on their Web site.
    -Scotty

Spyder Garage

We love our Corbin heated seats. The wet feeling would be sweat and we use ours frequently and haven't had that issue.
    2008 GS , ISCI Quantum Blue

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderGirl View Post
    We love our Corbin heated seats... we use ours frequently

What other accessories do you use when you have your heated seats turned on? Just wondered how much extra "juice" you can pull without starting to drain the battery. I monitor my power draw on my other bikes but haven't installed a gauge on my Spyder so I'm never sure if I'm creating a drain on the battery.

Spyder Garage

I've had the heated seat on, the front fog lights (at 55w each) and the heated grips at the same time for extended periods... no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by GeminiJane View Post
    What other accessories do you use when you have your heated seats turned on? Just wondered how much extra "juice" you can pull without starting to drain the battery. I monitor my power draw on my other bikes but haven't installed a gauge on my Spyder so I'm never sure if I'm creating a drain on the battery.
    ata = allergic to asphalt

My mods: https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...ead.php?t=5753
    There are two kinds of people: (1) those who can read, reason and apply the experiences of others; and (2) those who just have to pee on the electric fence. ataDude, 2009

My Spyder:

Spyder Garage

A little off topic, but my wife drove the Caravan today to take advantage of the heated seats. Heck you'd almost think we didn't live in Florida. I'm riding everyday and she needs a heated seat in a car?
    "I'm the only hell my mama ever raised"