Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Kwalsh View Post
    Whatever you do keep your cool and document everything, when you show up at dealership have your witness film everything and ask for all copies of any work orders and warranty repairs done or not, also be prepared to take spyder in whatever condition it is in. Have truck and trailer on the standby .

good luck and remain calm

Attached Images Attached Images
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Yea... that's helpful

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MEP View Post
    No, I would not call them in advance to let them know you are coming. I would, however, bring someone else with you who can and will be a credible and willing witness if needed. Ask for any and all paperwork associated with your bike and this whole affair, before things go South (if indeed they do). I, like others have expressed, wish you the best.
    This.

If it was me in would have been there doing this in October or November.
    Phil

I may be old, but I got to see all the cool bands.

2011 Spyder RT-AC

Spyder Garage

Christine,

I would go there with your trailer, pick up the Spyder and take it somewhere else.
    [B]

2018 Intense Red F3T (See About Me under My Profile for mods)
    2010 Timeless Black RT-622 Trailer
    2014 Timeless Black RTS-SE6, 34,300 Miles, traded May 2019
    2011 Timeless Black RTS-SE5, 15,180 Miles, traded April 2014

Spyder Garage

Had a new 2012 rts and after the second month ,it started to just shut down and I mean on the high way ,.
    The ,dealer did come and get it ,but every time I would call ,they would tell me they were waiting for information from Canada ,.
    Then I would talk with the case worker ,they would tell me it was the dealer holding every thing up .

After the third month ,explain to brp I would only talk with them on e-mails and I was in fact contacting my lawyer ,for Texas has a lemon law ,against things of this nature .

When ,it was with in a week of going to court and four months later ,I all so contacted the owner of the dealership ,and told him of all this ,he told me there shall be phones calls to me very soon ,and this shall be work out ,within ten minutes my phone was ringing off the hook , and a brand new 2012 limited was being deliver to my home and from brp and the dealers ship a very big I am sorry .

Point being if I would have not had a lawyer in this fight I most likely would still be waiting .

Spyder Garage

Christina

I wish you the very best on Tuesday. You have received lots of suggestions as to how to go about it, hope it all works out & you leave safely with your Spyder.
    2008 GS SM5, Full Moon Silver
    2007 Piaggio MP3 - 250cc

Spyder Garage

Default Really..!!!

Mechanicsville... they should have thrown them out of town... their giving the town a bad name...just some levity I do hope you get your ryde back in at least the condition you dropped it off in..good luck..!!
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You should just show up. Talk with the service manager and if you get no satisfaction go directly to the owner right then. As to letting them get it fixed, they've already had a chance and won't do it. Just get the spyder back. If they balk at that, call the sheriff from their sales floor with customers within earshot!
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

As suggested, I would arrive with a trailer the next time the shop is open. Ask for your Spyder. Wait approximately 20-30 minutes. If it is not loaded on the trailer, call police. Explain it is not an emergency and you would like to have a report taken. Now please understand it may take some time for the police to arrive, but having a report will help you legally when you have to take them to court, if it goes that far. It is unacceptable that they have had your Spyder for such a long time. I would also start a formal complaint with BRP. Not to necessarily place blame with them, rather to make them aware of the situation.
    Good luck, and please keep us posted.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by finless View Post
    Yea... that's helpful

Bob
    I do some of my best work; as a Bad Example...

Spyder Garage

I'm a little fascinated by this. I'd like to know the end result. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Spyder Garage

A lot of advise here. Different personalities tend to gravitate to different avenues of solution. But like Monday morning QB's, it's much easier to make the call from a lounge chair. Not that the advise is bad. But there are a lot of variables in a situation like this that can't be resolved from afar, good intentions not withstanding.

#1- Keep your cool. If I learned anything in the fire service, it was that emotions are fine as long as you are in control of them. Anger, frustration, fear will cause you to miss the best solution. A clear head is your best tool.
    #2- Do what works best for you. What works for others may not be the best way to go for you.
    #3- You are in the right here - They are in the wrong. But don't waste a lot of time trying to convince them because they already know it. Just don't expect them to admit it.
    #4- A good plan has a definite goal with options to achieve it. With this and some well placed resolve you should be able to get this fixed.
    #5- Take a reliable friend. Never enter a tough situation alone!
    #6- Don't put it off. That is a killer. Get-er-done!

So, there is my $.02. We are all pulling for you.

I wish you a very good outcome!
    Last edited by BajaRon; 03-21-2015 at 08:22 PM.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Ron,
    I think that your two cents; works out to be worth about eighteen bucks, and some change...

Spyder Garage

Bring a friend WITH A VIDEO CAMERA! Record the entire exchange. The video may be useful it you have to go to court.

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) Spyder_Cowgirl's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Status?

Well .... have you had success getting your spyder back? If so, or if not, what have you done so far?

Hoping for good news here .... Ann
    __________________________________________________ _
    2016 RT Limited -- "Jubilee" (as in Cherries)
    Guardian Bell (gift from spyderowboy)
    ISCI Dual Flag Mount – Tall Poles
    Lamonster Bottle Holder and Spyder Cuff
    Spyderpops Missing Belt Guard
    Spyderpops Bumpskid
    Spyderpops Rear Run / Brake / Turn LEDs
    Spyderpops Mirror LEDs
    Custom Dynamics HMT Brake

Spyderpops Keep Out The Trash (KOTT) Grills
    Don't Eat Mud / mudflap
    __________________________________________________ __

Spyder Garage

Please tell us what happened.
    2008 GS SM5, Full Moon Silver
    2007 Piaggio MP3 - 250cc

Spyder Garage

I am hoping that no news is not BAD NEWS on this one.

Seems like if things went well we'd have heard. But maybe not.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Huh. No update for a week?

Anyway, everybody is different, but like others have said, there's no way a dealer is holding my Spyder for three weeks without me picking it up and taking it to another dealer, let alone three-- or more-- months.

And I say this as someone who HAS had pretty sketchy, "We'll get to it when we get to it" dealer service. I roll with it most of the time, I long ago factored it into the exotic "cost" of Spyder ownership.

What I find most peculiar is that I've *used* Trumbull once before, and I was thrilled with them. A few years ago by now, but it was same day service-- the only one in the DC area that does that-- and at a reasonable (for here) price. The only reason I never used them again was simply it was too much of a hike to get out there when I have a "good enough" dealer less than ten miles down the road. Can't believe they went that far downhill, that fast.

Anyway, shame that this has happened, but my advice to everyone is the same: there is being polite, there is being patient, and there is being a pushover. Don't let it get that far, no matter WHAT the product.
    Silver 2010 RS SE5: Triple Play, Taillight, Brightsides, Fender Tips, Easy Risers; Evo Sway Bar; Airhawk R & Beadrider; latch springs; Grab-On grips; Crampbuster; 24" Madstad smoke windshield & deflectors; N-R round bag & soft saddlebags; BRP handlebar bag; Throttlemeister; Spyderpops Missing Air Dam & Air Mgmt System; Rivco driver & passenger boards & pegs; ISCI parking brake extension; Ultimate Midrider Seat w/both backrests, Fox Racing Shocks, Yoshi R-77 exhaust and a whole lotta love!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    You don't need to bring BRP into this pi**ing match...
    The others have given you courses of actions to take when you go meet with the dealer.
    Good Luck!
    Why not Bob? To be a repair shop you must be dealer of BRP equipment or you cannot get BUDs and with out that you can't work on the Spyders. BRP made a closed system. I would go to the papers and write a letter to the editor. Talk to your bar association, they may be helpful with the legal part. There may be some thing that you can do with international trade. Talk to a lawyer. That's IMHO.

Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Ask BRP about this...
    They'll tell you that they do NOT control what their dealers do.
    They can make a call to them, should an issue come up the line that far...
    It's when a dealer collects enough complaints, that they'll consider pulling the franchise...

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Phyxius View Post
    Thanks all!

Per a suggestion here I checked the dealers list and they were no longer on it so I started to freak out even more. I called BRP Customer Service at 888-272-9222 and they confirmed that the dealer IS a current dealer despite not being on the map. They also recommended that I stop in and said "some dealers aren't good about answering the phone or returning calls". Seriously?!

This dealer is closed Mondays and some Thursdays according to the customer service lady. So, I'm planning to drive down there on Tuesday. I've ordered a micro start because I'm sure they've not had it connected to a tender. At the very least I want to get it off the lot. I have insurance and an extended warranty so calling for a tow is definitely an option if it's not driveable. It was perfectly driveable when I dropped it off but who knows what they've done it.

I'm not sure if I should tell them I'm coming or just show up? They don't answer or return calls but I ASSUME they're listening to them.

The dealer in question is Trumbull Motorsports in Mechanicsville, MD. When I first bought my spyder they had good reviews and currently all I can find is bad and worse. Needless to say I won't ever be going back there again.
    Are you talking about the Mechanicsville MD dealer. They are out of business now. I took my bike to them in November and they open the stores maybe once or twice a week. I noticed that other dealers were going to their store and pick up crates of merchandise. At that time I figure out that something was shady, therefore I took my bike and ran as fast I could. Two month later they were closed.
    Last edited by wengerda; 03-30-2015 at 09:14 AM.
    2016 Spyder F3 Limited, black, Special Edition, SE6, belt tensioner, Bajaron swaybar, AKARAPOVIC, F4 windshield with vent. Previous 2015 RTS in black and 2011 RT Limited, SE5 with Bajaron Swaybar and Bumpskid

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wengerda View Post
    Are you talking about the Mechanicsville MD dealer. They are out of business now. I took my bike to them in November and they open the stores maybe once or twice a week. I noticed that other dealers were going to their store and pick up crates of merchandise. At that time I figure out that something was shady, therefore I took my bike and ran as fast I could. Two month later they were closed.
    That sounds pretty bad for the OP. I hope she gets her Spyder back.

Spyder Garage

I've had 4 instrument clusters on my 2010 RT. The issue with the rear suspension is one that has to be addressed each time the cluster is changed. It requires a hook up to BUDS and a setting of the maximum and minimum height settings in the computer. The service manual tells how to do it. I've helped my dealer do it on mine several times. No parts were required.
    Mark & Mary Lou Lawson
    Snellville, GA USA
    '10 RT-S PE #0031
    '10 RT-622 Trailer
    '08 Yellow SM5 #2332
    '01 Black GL1800A Goldwing #0930

"Remember in the darkness what you have learned in the light." - Joe Bayly

Spyder Garage

Sorry to hear about your problem. If you can go pick it up do so as soon as possible. Here is a little more information.

The the corporation of Trumbull Motorsports has been forfeited in the state of Maryland and has not filed it's 2015 property tax report. This can be found with the Secretary of State of Maryland. The registered agent, who is an Attorney, is PATRICK R HUDSON
    3915 LEONARDTOWN RD
    WALDORF, MD 20604. I would send him a registered letter and I would I wire with BRP who is the owner as well.

Go pick it up now if possible. If not contact the police and your insurance company of the loss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wengerda View Post
    I heard the same thing, The Spyder Mechanic that use to work there now works at Coleman's Power Sport.
    [B]

2018 Intense Red F3T (See About Me under My Profile for mods)
    2010 Timeless Black RT-622 Trailer
    2014 Timeless Black RTS-SE6, 34,300 Miles, traded May 2019
    2011 Timeless Black RTS-SE5, 15,180 Miles, traded April 2014