Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Ill keep my 13 after the fix I'm sure it will be a better situation, mine has been hot and a bit of a struggle, I was on it yesterday and I still love it the ride is fun with the elka shocks and upgraded sway bar. The machine runs and handles great totally happy.... It just gets hot,, so even though I know BRP was very uncool handling the situation with me, and was quite disrespectful. (I hate when someone plays dumb). I'm sure now that they are forced, and they get what ever they deserve, My machine will not heat up when there's no air flow under the Tupperware ..... And guess what? finally after now going on my 3rd season I'll finally have comfort and closure

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It's real nice to hear a positive attitude!

Thanks! I really do hope that the fix is able to exceed your expectations! You guys have ALL earned it!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default RT 2013 fire

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    Patrick, in October of 2013 there was a recall issued in the US and in Canada for the 13, do you know if your machine had this work done on it? It involved wrapping the master cylinder cover, the parking brake cable and the evap canister?
    The recall issued in North America apparently didn't get to dealers overseas. My Dealer here in Manila had not received any recall notice and is contacting BRP regarding that. As a result, no work was done to alleviate the problem. The dealer intends to replace the unit for which I am thankful. Hopefully a 2014 model.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Good Luck!

Spyder Garage

Default 2013 can am rt recall

Here is what the recall tells the dealer to do to the 2013 can am spyder RT: The solution is the installation of improved body panels and an upgraded fuel system kit. The repair should take approximately 4 hours to complete! My 2013 is at the dealer getting this done as I am typing this thread! I am typing off the recall notice I got from the company!

Spyder Garage

Default Does help with the heat.

Quote Originally Posted by south GA Farm Boy View Post
    Here is what the recall tells the dealer to do to the 2013 can am spyder RT: The solution is the installation of improved body panels and an upgraded fuel system kit. The repair should take approximately 4 hours to complete! My 2013 is at the dealer getting this done as I am typing this thread! I am typing off the recall notice I got from the company!
    The scoops do look good.image[1].jpg I had the flat black section painted to match.

Ride safe!
    2022 Sea-T0-Sky

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Your bike is a real standout!!
    Since the recall was centered around the 2013 model year: it would have been nice for BRP to offer the scoops pre-painted to the 2013 body colors...

Spyder Garage

They probably didn't have any "Lava Bronze Metallic" paint left.
    Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link
    May ALL your roads be beautiful
    Greisemer's Mill Bridge, Oley, PA
    2013 RT Limited , Lava Bronze with Antler Brown Seat

Spyder Garage

Default 2013 spyder RT fires

Just got my 2013 spyder RT limited back from dealer which did the recall on it. They cut the panels under mirrors on each side and put in factory loovers which really look good. You can look way back into the engine department now, so it would have to run cooler! It is raining here, so my riding it has been very limited today, but you must remember engine heat is controlled by a thermostat, so your temperature is going to be the same like 195 degree or so. The heat can get out faster and they install a new fuel kit also as part of the fix. As of now, I think it will help, will let you know once I get in more riding time!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by south GA Farm Boy View Post
    Just got my 2013 spyder RT limited back from dealer which did the recall on it. They cut the panels under mirrors on each side and put in factory loovers which really look good. You can look way back into the engine department now, so it would have to run cooler! It is raining here, so my riding it has been very limited today, but you must remember engine heat is controlled by a thermostat, so your temperature is going to be the same like 195 degree or so. The heat can get out faster and they install a new fuel kit also as part of the fix. As of now, I think it will help, will let you know once I get in more riding time!
    I suspect you are going to love the change - I did, as well as most folks who had the recall done! Enjoy your ride.

"Topper" is my Pearl White 2013 RT-LTD

Professional Retiree - liked it so much when I retired from the USAF, that I started another career so I could do it again!

Happy to be a member of the Maryland Spyder Web - find us at

http://www.meetup.com/MarylandSpyderWeb/

2013 RT Limited , White (the fastest color!)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The best of luck to you, and we'll expect a full report on our desks!

Spyder Garage

It is raining in South Georgia, but we really need the rain. Lot of farm wells are dry, so proud of the rain! The factory recall fix with the vents does seen to cool off my 2013 RT Limited. The panels are cooler to touch, gas tank doesn't seem to be as hot, and the air flow going out the bottom vents where your heat goes out seems to have an increase flow of hot air out of the engine! I would recommend to other owners to get the recall done! It may not be a total fix, but it is a great improvement! This is my first Can Am Spyder because I been a Harley rider for the past several years, and I am concerned about the reliability of the Spyder. My Harley's were never in the shop, and I could change my own oil, etc. myself. My nearest Can AM dealer is 100 miles away, and I am concerned that I have jumped into the fire! Someone please re-assure me that I can ride this Spyder away from the house without it breaking down! Too much electronics too tear up! Thanks

Spyder Garage

Guys, Had a pretty day today. My wife and I rode our 2013 spyder RT limited with the recall fix over 150 miles. Temperature gauge show about a 10-15 % lower reading, and all the front panels were much cooler with no sign of heat, the glove box which used to get very hot was completely cool!! More heat was coming out the right side bottom vent and my right boot got warmer, other than that, it is a good fix that Can Am has come up with! Stop for gas during the ride, with no fumes out of gas tank, and it seem to be very cool also! I am very excited about the way it has cooled down our spyder! Even took it on interstate I-75 for about 30 miles at speed up to 80 MPH, everything seemed good! Now if I can get some ideas on how to keep my right foot cooler, we will be in great shape. So let me know if anyone has solved that problem!