Thread: F3...Bump-skid

Spyder Garage

Default F3...Bump-skid

Anyone got pics of f3 with bumps Kid?
    ron

Spyder Garage

Default On the Video

On the video the guy from Pitbull and another guy who works for Lamonster Garage went and looked at Lamont's customized F3 which had a Spyderpops Bump-Skid on it.

Spyder Garage

Default Bumpskid

Quote Originally Posted by den1953 View Post
    On the video the guy from Pitbull and another guy who works for Lamonster Garage went and looked at Lamont's customized F3 which had a Spyderpops Bump-Skid on it.
    Thanks about to go see Spyderpops Harvey, and wanted a preview. He put them on my 2014 rt. Does a wonderful job
    Thank You
    ron

Spyder Garage

someone on facebook had one that had the LEDs built into it. I keep waiting to see if there's one available on his website, but so far no luck. I had one on the RT and it's a "must have" in my book.
    We now have His and Hers Spyders!
    Current Spyder: White 2015 F3-S SE6
    His Spyder: White 2015 F3 SE6

Previous Spyder: 2012 RT Limited SE5 -- 30,300 miles
    Previous rides: Kawasaki & Honda
    2015 F3 , Pearl White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The one Harvey made for Lamont's F3 has flames or something cut in the sides of it. I'm sure Harvey will have them in production in no time.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I think he posted pictures in this thread http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...eat-quot/page5
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Default Thanks Ann

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    The one Harvey made for Lamont's F3 has flames or something cut in the sides of it. I'm sure Harvey will have them in production in no time.
    I'm going to Harvey's this weekend, I'll check it out

Ron

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Ronbo View Post
    I'm going to Harvey's this weekend, I'll check it out

Ron
    You better take plenty of money!
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

I e-mailed them (Spyder Pops) over a month ago about a bumpskid for the F3. Didn't get any response. If there is one out there to purchase, (was gonna be my FIRST farkle) I'd sure like to know.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by vondalyn View Post
    someone on facebook had one that had the LEDs built into it. I keep waiting to see if there's one available on his website, but so far no luck. I had one on the RT and it's a "must have" in my book.
    Why is it a must have? What is the purpose? I've driven a spyder for over two years and never bumped into anything. Maybe I don't understand what these are used for.

Scott

Spyder Garage

Default Plenty of money

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    You better take plenty of money!
    Harvey does such great things to my bikes, that I part with money with a smile!

Ron

Spyder Garage

Default Haven't heard

Quote Originally Posted by DLewis View Post
    I e-mailed them (Spyder Pops) over a month ago about a bumpskid for the F3. Didn't get any response. If there is one out there to purchase, (was gonna be my FIRST farkle) I'd sure like to know.
    You usually hear from Harvey right away. He has been to Daytona. His products and customer service are phenomenal. I'd give him another e-mail or I'll tell him to contact you

ron

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by scottnkansas View Post
    Why is it a must have? What is the purpose? I've driven a spyder for over two years and never bumped into anything. Maybe I don't understand what these are used for.

Scott
    Everyone's experience is different, but here's my reason: 90% of my riding is in the mountains. In Sept 2013 we had floods in nearly every canyon that I ride in. In many places the road was completely destroyed and is still in the process of being rebuilt. It took at least a year for most of them to get fully paved again. Some of them are fully paved with "temporary roads", some of them are still in the process of being rebuilt. While I stick mostly to the paved roads since those are now the majority, I do still ride some of those other roads to see what progress is being made. Plus it's a lot of the same group of construction folks, so we met and got to talk while I was stopped for blasting activities. Now I can go say "hi" to them again. I was stopped in the canyon that goes to Glen Haven last week and the construction superintendent recognized me and drove down to where I was stopped to see if it was really me and to take a look at the new F3 -- he approves and said it looked like it suited me.

Anyway, for the most part these canyons are "ok" to drive on, but sometimes they're not and there are random large rocks that are stuck in the road in between potholes and also at a location where it's one lane with the heavy equipment driving on the other side of the road and you can't totally avoid driving over it and scraping the undercarraige. When "old fall river road" in Rocky Mountain National Park was open (before the floods), I would also ride that at least once a year on the Spyder. It's a passenger car one-way dirt/rock road that takes you up to the visitor center at the top of Trail Ridge Road (above treeline at over 11000 feet). It is rocky and in places, you're just driving over a huge granite slab, and at some of the switchbacks, and/or other places, you can't help but scrape some undercarraige. I did this once on my RT before the bump-skid and if you know where to look, you can still see the rock-point gouge in the paint where it meets the bump skid. After getting the bump skid all the little scrapes and gouges are in the bump skid rather than the spyder.

I will also admit to running into one of those parking lot space bumpers once. All it takes is once to potentially do damage. Luckily my once was after I had the bump skid in place.

2015 F3 , Pearl White

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Scott
    Look under the frunk and see if there are scrapes, mine had plenty.
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Highwayman2013 View Post
    Look under the frunk and see if there are scrapes, mine had plenty.
    well said! in WAY fewer words than me

2015 F3 , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Ronbo View Post
    You usually hear from Harvey right away. He has been to Daytona. His products and customer service are phenomenal. I'd give him another e-mail or I'll tell him to contact you

ron
    I got an email a couple days ago and was told the bump skid will be on the website in two weeks

mark
    Bullies are sad pathetic People

Spyder Garage

The lighted version of the bumpskid is available. I have one sitting in my garage waiting to be installed on the 2014. I have received two day service from Spyderpops on both my orders for merchandise. The other was for KOTT grills.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Scott
    But Kansas is flat! I have my bump skid for the same reason a catcher wears a cup; it only takes one hit to make you howl!
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Default so it's a skid plate

Everyone's experience is different, but here's my reason: 90% of my riding is in the mountains. In Sept 2013 we had floods in nearly every canyon that I ride in. In many places the road was completely destroyed and is still in the process of being rebuilt. It took at least a year for most of them to get fully paved again. Some of them are fully paved with "temporary roads", some of them are still in the process of being rebuilt. While I stick mostly to the paved roads since those are now the majority, I do still ride some of those other roads to see what progress is being made. Plus it's a lot of the same group of construction folks, so we met and got to talk while I was stopped for blasting activities. Now I can go say "hi" to them again. I was stopped in the canyon that goes to Glen Haven last week and the construction superintendent recognized me and drove down to where I was stopped to see if it was really me and to take a look at the new F3 -- he approves and said it looked like it suited me.

Anyway, for the most part these canyons are "ok" to drive on, but sometimes they're not and there are random large rocks that are stuck in the road in between potholes and also at a location where it's one lane with the heavy equipment driving on the other side of the road and you can't totally avoid driving over it and scraping the undercarraige. When "old fall river road" in Rocky Mountain National Park was open (before the floods), I would also ride that at least once a year on the Spyder. It's a passenger car one-way dirt/rock road that takes you up to the visitor center at the top of Trail Ridge Road (above treeline at over 11000 feet). It is rocky and in places, you're just driving over a huge granite slab, and at some of the switchbacks, and/or other places, you can't help but scrape some undercarraige. I did this once on my RT before the bump-skid and if you know where to look, you can still see the rock-point gouge in the paint where it meets the bump skid. After getting the bump skid all the little scrapes and gouges are in the bump skid rather than the spyder.

I will also admit to running into one of those parking lot space bumpers once. All it takes is once to potentially do damage. Luckily my once was after I had the bump skid in place.
    I also was wondering what it was so thank you for explaining what it's used for. Not sure why it's not called a skid plate but it doesn't matter what you call it as long as it protects.

Spyder Garage

Default it's also a bumper

it's called a bump skid because it's a bumper (it sticks out farther than the tupperware and will save it from damage if you should bump into a curb or whatever), and it's a skid plate. Since it's dual-purpose, it's a "bump skid"

2015 F3 , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

it's called a bump skid because it's a bumper (it sticks out farther than the tupperware and will save it from damage if you should bump into a curb or whatever), and it's a skid plate. Since it's dual-purpose, it's a "bump skid"
    Thank you, now I understand the name.