Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Evolution of the RT?

This is just an off the wall thought. Do you think the RT will evolve to look more like the F3 with bags?

Spyder Garage

Default It's hard to say.

I think it's safe to assume that the F3 front end may be a signal of future nose jobs; and, I think that the adjustable pegs and bars will be a hit worth including on upcoming models of today's trikes. Then again, the business community in the US and Canada don't have the best track record for picking up on trends.

just my humble (and biased) opinion.

MMM.
    So far, my second childhood is better than my first.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

No...
    They won't want to force us to give up storage capacity, in what is a great touring machine.
    The F-3 is looking to make inroads in the cruiser market; that requires the different platform...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default Ufit is a good idea

Quote Originally Posted by Mcubed45 View Post
    I think it's safe to assume that the F3 front end may be a signal of future nose jobs; and, I think that the adjustable pegs and bars will be a hit worth including on upcoming models of today's trikes. Then again, the business community in the US and Canada don't have the best track record for picking up on trends.

just my humble (and biased) opinion.

MMM.
    Having tried out the Ufit system, it would seem logical to spread it across a common platform. It is a good idea.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by OldDog View Post
    Having tried out the Ufit system, it would seem logical to spread it across a common platform. It is a good idea.

The RT already has a larger range of adjustment than the F3. Before you argue, remember the Tri-Axis bars, comfort seat and floorboards are all options. The revised bars etc on the F3 are not free either. Just a different way of working the problem. The RT and F3 do have different seating/riding positions but they are different style bikes.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Default Have to agree..!!

The F3 will have it's own slot in the lineup. The RT being a touring trike could not succeed with the tubular frame set up. like a gold wing on a ducati frame. They could come out with the adjustable pegs for the RT and they can't touch the RS, RSS or the ST cause that would just make them an F3.
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    No...
    They won't want to force us to give up storage capacity, in what is a great touring machine.
    The F-3 is looking to make inroads in the cruiser market; that requires the different platform...
    Bob, do you think BRP would design a tour module that would integrate into the F3 design, providing large amounts of storage space?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

With the radiator configuration of the F-3; the space just isn't there...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    With the radiator configuration of the F-3; the space just isn't there...
    Someone posted a " Photo-shopped" picture of an F3 with an RT rear end a while back. I find that intriguing. Can someone repost that?

Spyder Garage

Someone posted a " Photo-shopped" picture of an F3 with an RT rear end a while back. I find that intriguing. Can someone repost that?
    May be next year with the back end similar to the Freedom trailer...

Last edited by tigerdr; 03-19-2015 at 11:22 AM.

Spyder Garage

Will dealers have to have one set of each length linkage and handlebar to accommodate the Ufit variables?

Spyder Garage

Will dealers have to have one set of each length linkage and handlebar to accommodate the Ufit variables?
    IMO: Yes, at least one full set if they are truly selling the F3 lineup.

RE: Your other questions: I do not see the F3 morphing into a deluxe tourer. Space and other considerations seem to be prominent here. Have already heard a couple people post "ouch" on the touring package items when it comes to pricing. At the moment, price for F3 accessories seems to be the loudest complaint.

I see the RT, if it is going to further morph, to becoming a bit more plush, and perhaps a few more "style" options. Think of the $1,000's that one can spend on chrome do dads for a GWing. Most of us are not willing to give up the plush, and the carrying capacity that we purchased the for originally. Unfortunately, my week long tours by motorcycle are now trashed because of my physical limitations. I do go for the 100 - 300 miles days when I can though.

I know you are torn about buying a of your own. You looked like you were having a very good time on the F3 yesterday.

It is going to be compromise, compromise and you are not going to find the "perfect" model for you, out of the box.

That happened with my 2008. Started with base, and morphed it into a RT--a year before they came out. I had the looks, of a custom RT, but went for the plush anyway.

Old and new side by side:

Last edited by ARtraveler; 03-19-2015 at 01:53 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

My dealer does, and has this orange kludge that allows one to quickly test the various positions available.

Honda has the Goldwing and Valk (albeit very similar bikes) targeted for different markets, and having pricing similar to the Spyder line ($18 to $36K). Buyers of one rarely look at the other.

Same with the RT & F3. I ride my RT daily, share rides with my wife, and enjoy every ride. I liked nothing about the F3, and my wife wouldn't even sit on it. Making a F3 to mirror or replace the ST LTD, probably makes some sense, given the 990 drive train. Making a F style replacement for the RT doesn't - one would have to give up too much - I'm way past hanging my feet back out in the weather, I suspect that's true for others.

While rolling down the highway at 65, on my third or fourth tank of the day, I can stand up and stretch on my RT's Seal floorboards - let's see you do that on a F3....
    2014 RT SE6 Rider
    X - Honda Rider
    X - RT S driver
    X - RS driver
    Lifetime VFW Member

Spyder Garage

This is an interesting discussion. Let's keep it going.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

This is just an off the wall thought. Do you think the RT will evolve to look more like the F3 with bags?
    No, I think it will stay the way it is for the foreseeable future, if it looks like an F3 then why not call it an F3.
    My reason being there are riders who do not like the F3 looks or the riding position or the way that it rides and the frunk volume is less so limited for high mileage touring. Just my two cents worth but you never know.

Spyder Garage

Default Plz No!

Hopefully they will consider upgrading the dash area, to a full digital and touch screen with built in gps that can be viewed in day light
    Ram mount on both upper air deflectors custom ram mount for ATC9k action cam
    Chrome Dear Whistles
    Dual Color MagicFLEX® Channelz finder lights
    TIPZ units
    CAN AM SPYDER RT RADIATOR UPPER BLOCK OFF PLATE
    CAN AM SPYDER RT RADIATOR LOWER BLOCK OFF PLATE
    CATALYTIC CONVERTER SHIELD
    TITANIUM EXHAUST WRAP
    JT's AIR FILTER KIT

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

A full touch screen?
    I'm not sure if reaching that much higher and forward with one hand on a moving vehicle; is a good idea...
    As imperfect as the GPS location is; the proper sunshield and a bit of creative angling, make it pretty useable under most conditions.

SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

I hope that they don't change the RT like that, I personally don't like the forward controls and would not purchase a Spyder if that was all they offered. I also don't want to give up storage.

2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

i would not object to the way the gas tank is on the F3 for my RTS

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

I hope the F3 look will stay exclusive to the F3 line.

For the next RT generation, I hope BRP will give us a new look in the front and back end with more storage in the left and right compartment.
    Last edited by tigerdr; 03-19-2015 at 06:00 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I wouldn't mind if they made F3 options so you could get more cargo capacity. With side bags and a trailer, I'd be set!

But I also think the 2 lines should stay distinct.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

I posted about this a month ago.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...he-new-2016-RT

With this picture.

Yes they did a concept drawing you see above. Yes it was done by BRP not someone with photoshop.

If you look at that post (link above) you will see Lamont responded and said they will not be doing this!

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Burped View Post
    I don't know why you're stirring the s**t. Enjoy the F3 if that is what you enjoy. Add a windshield to take some of the wind off of you. Add saddlebags to try to add some storage. Go twice as fast as you could go through the curves with an RT.Trade in any and all RTs and let someone who enjoys all that storage, comfort, and amazing ride, to enjoy them. I was brutally attacked for asking someone why they were adding saddlebags to an F3 trying to make it into a weekend cruiser for two. Please don't stir the pot. While I realize it's a public forum, and all things may be discussed, is it really becoming ?
    Ben... Everybody is getting jumpy due to this long Winter; please cut him a break.
    (Paul is still shopping, and wants to keep his options open! )

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by finless View Post
    I posted about this a month ago.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...he-new-2016-RT

With this picture.

Yes they did a concept drawing you see above. Yes it was done by BRP not someone with photoshop.

If you look at that post (link above) you will see Lamont responded and said they will not be doing this!

Bob
    That picture was release, by someone on internet last mid-september, just before BRP introducing new 2015 Spyder line-up and I have this one since.

We can expect a facelift for next year RT model. A new dashboard will also be a great improvement.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by tigerdr View Post
    That picture was release, by someone on internet last mid-september, just before BRP introducing new 2015 Spyder line-up and I have this one since.

We can expect a facelift for next year RT model. A new dashboard will also be a great improvement.
    They guy that posted that pic on Facebook said it came from the BRP web site!
    He gave a link that worked but now it is no longer valid when I went there today.

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black