Spyder Garage

Default Need a trailer plug to adapt 2011 hitch harness

Just got an old style hitch and harness (2011 I believe) and am looking for the trailer plug that matches the 9 pin on the bike. I know someone must have cut it off to convert their 622 trailer to the new 4 square pin. Anyone got one lying around? I know it is a Deutsch HD 61-9-16s but I was hoping someone has one they do not need anymore so I can make a 4 pin adapter from the bike to the trailer. Thanks Here is a pic of what I am looking for
    2013 Mag Silver SE5 RT BahaRon Sway bar & Sway bar links, Grip Puppies, Kuryakyn Helmet locks , Ultimate Seat w/Utopia Backrest, Dash power outlet, Spyderpops BumpSkid, Swagman Cup holders, Full size Brake Pedal, Seal DLX Floorboards, Freeway Blaster horns, Sylvania Super Bright fender LEDs, Scotchlite 680 Rear & Fender Reflectors, BRP Fog Light Kit, LED Mirror turn signal strips, 2014 RT grille mod. Outlaw Laser Alignment

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I thought BRP had one your are looking for..

Spyder Garage

$130 for a plug? I would rather DIY one with a Deutsch HD 16-9-16S Plug but if anyone has one sitting around that they cut off to mod their 622 to the 2013 & up square 4 I would be willing to send a few dollars for one with a little bit of a pig tail on it to save time.
    2013 Mag Silver SE5 RT BahaRon Sway bar & Sway bar links, Grip Puppies, Kuryakyn Helmet locks , Ultimate Seat w/Utopia Backrest, Dash power outlet, Spyderpops BumpSkid, Swagman Cup holders, Full size Brake Pedal, Seal DLX Floorboards, Freeway Blaster horns, Sylvania Super Bright fender LEDs, Scotchlite 680 Rear & Fender Reflectors, BRP Fog Light Kit, LED Mirror turn signal strips, 2014 RT grille mod. Outlaw Laser Alignment

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Magdave View Post
    $130 for a plug? I would rather DIY one with a Deutsch HD 16-9-16S Plug but if anyone has one sitting around that they cut off to mod their 622 to the 2013 & up square 4 I would be willing to send a few dollars for one with a little bit of a pig tail on it to save time.
    the 2011 has separate signal, brake and marker circuits. you are probably better off making your own. see one of my old posts

SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by johnwinslow View Post
    the 2011 has separate signal, brake and marker circuits. you are probably better off making your own. see one of my old posts
    I thought that only the 10 had the separate signal circuit and they got rid of it on the 11 RT 622

2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    I thought that only the 10 had the separate signal circuit and they got rid of it on the 11 RT 622
    That is my understanding. Can anyone else verify. The 2010 had module issues and the 2011 &12 were different modules and wiring than the '10 and of course '13& 14& 15 are all now what they should have been to begin with. The 2010 trailer had dual turn and stop lights that changed to basically 4 pin set up with 9 pin plug.

Spyder Garage

Still looking for a 2011,12 trailer plug if anyone cut theirs off for the 13 and up.

Spyder Garage

Did you look at the Show Chrome Spyder Trailer Wiring Harness?

http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/sh...art/BBP-41-162
    Last edited by stevedfive; 03-19-2015 at 09:37 PM.
    2014 Timeless Black RTS/SE - BRP CB/Comm System; BRP Zumo 660 GPS System; BRP Cellphone Interface; BRP ST-1 Helmets w/BRP Headsets; BRP XM Radio; BRP Tri-Axis Handlebars; BRP Adj Wind Deflectors; BRP Adj Vent Windshield; BRP Comfort Seat & Utopia Backrest; Corbin Armrests; HMT Brake Light; TricLED 3/4 Brake & Running Lights; TricLED Fender Lights & Rr Cargo Lights; CD Fender TIPS Kit; Bump Skid; Scorpio i900 Alarm; Touratech GPS Locking Mount; NBV Highway Mounts; BBP Brake Pedal, Stebel horn.

Spyder Garage

The Show Chrome trailer harness does not come with the trailer plug (socket). You have to supply that. If you Google the Deutsch plug numbers, you will find several suppliers. I have dealt with Mouser for some time. Their price is 19.30.. also, WireCare.com is priced at 11.50. I didn't check the shipping. GL

Spike

Spyder Garage

Of course I googled the connector I already stated I would make one IF I have to but I am asking ( and hoping) someone has modded their '11 or '12 622 to fit the 4 square by lopping off the nine pin connector from the trailer. The ones online require buying the pins for the connector so the cost goes up. Then there is the pin out issue I would rather not ring out the connector on the bike finding the proper match to convert to a 4 pin when the '11 & '12 trailer plugs are already pinned and wired ready to splice the 4 pin to it. Scotty has a post I read with the pin out of the 9 pin on the trailer. Anyway still hoping someone has or will have one soon. I won't need it immediately and as more '13,'14' and 15 owners that have a '11 or '12 622 change the plugs there should be some 9 pins laying around.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by stevedfive View Post
    Did you look at the Show Chrome Spyder Trailer Wiring Harness?

http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/sh...art/BBP-41-162
    Yes Steve I have thought about that option instead of installing the BRP harness. It is probably a better option than buying the $130 BRP harness just to get the wired harness. Just trying to cheap out a little bit and still use OEM module/harness if possible. If I use the trailer in SC only this state doesn't even require trailer lights believe it or not. I am looking at buying a USA Trailer camper though and might want to go out of state with it.
    Last edited by Magdave; 03-19-2015 at 10:35 PM.

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Magdave, how much harness did you get with the hitch? The whole thing including Y-harness, the isolation module, and the pigtail, or just the pigtail? If you got the whole thing including the isolation module how many wires come out of the module, 5 or 9? In either case the module output will be separate turn and stop signals which won't work if the trailer you buy is 4 wire only.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

I have this one laying around that I cut off our 2010 trailer. 4 inches of wire on it measures from the end of the strain relief...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2017 Can Am Commander Limited
    2012 Cadillac CTS-V Black Diamond
    2020 F3 Limited Magma Red (miss the 2011 Viper red)
    2010 RT622 - Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jwulf74 View Post

I have this one laying around that I cut off our 2010 trailer. 4 inches of wire on it measures from the end of the strain relief...
    PM sent I will take it how much?
    Last edited by Magdave; 03-20-2015 at 02:02 PM.

Spyder Garage

Now does anyone have a bikeside pin out for the 2011 module?

Spyder Garage

I have found the answer I need. Scotty posted it a while back for the 2010 trailer wiring. Boy do I (and many others ) miss Scotty

Good to see Bob has my back. I don't know how he keeps track of these things. I wish I could just cut and paste my earlier reply.

As was said, the 2010 trailers are different in some respects. In addition, the harnesses have changed over time. I'm assuming (and hoping) that you intend to use the BRP harness/module/hitch. The only version available right now is the square-4 that was introduced for 2013. You will have to add a square-4 connector to your trailer or replace the round-9 Deutsch connector with a square-4. Square-4 connectors should be available at a good trailer or RV shop or some tractor supply stores. I'd cut off the round-9 and a bit of extra wire, and sell it on SpyderLovers if I did not need it. It can be used to build a trailer adapter by someone who had the earlier hitch. You need to connect to the brake light wires on the trailer and forget about the old turn signal wires. The wires in the 2010 tongue harness are:

Brown = Running lights
    Orange = Left brake (brake/turn for new harness)
    Red = Right brake (brake/turn for new harness)
    Black = Ground
    Blue = Left turn (not used for later harness)
    Green = Right turn (not used for later harness)
    Yellow = Blank (not used or powered for any year)

Wire your new connector to the wires I have shown in bold above and you should be good to go. I always recommend wiring them temporarily and testing before you make the connections permanent and waterproof. Please note that these wire colors exist only in the 2010 tongue harness. The other years and the back part of the trailer wiring (as well as the Spyder wiring) are different. Also not the following standard colors for a trailer connector. These will be what your new square-4 has.

Brown = Running lights
    Yellow = Left brake/turn
    Green = Right brake/turn
    White = Ground