Spyder Garage

Default emergency starting battery

I just saw a jump start battery that uses LIPO batteries.
    Do they work?
    can I just use my RC batteries and build one?
    Stefan

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Cruzr Joe swears by those emergency starters. If I were you; I'd pick his brain for more information...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Default Here's what I did..!!

its amazing... also good for charging phones, computers, gps, headsets etc...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post

Thanks for posting - nice power pack - LIPOs are taking over the world. As long as the device has built in protection (which most/all do) a great way to go.

Great that the the old cigarette lighter interface lives on. You can't smoke 'em but you sure can charge/use them.
    2020 RT Ride Frequent Stay Safe
    Aftermarket Aux Light, GPS mounting/wiring, Lamonster Garage Mirror Lock, Lamonster Garage Belt Tensioner
    Backrest Home Brew Mod

2008 RS from 2008 through 4/2015, 2015 F3-S from 4/2015 through 9/2020

Spyder Garage

Many uses including USB port on some models. Almost fits in the palm of your hand. The XB-10 will put out 600 peak amps. Cost is $125-209.

Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Spyder Garage

I also have the micro start and the one I have has the connections to charge any laptop and any phone as well as jump starting the battery

Spyder Garage

The micro start batteries are great just decide which one you need, the only difference i believe is the different amount of connectors you get.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Default I have the same one...

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    I have this same back-up battery along with me when we ride. We've rode for 3 seasons on our Spyders and NEVER had a need for it. The way I look at it, it's kind of like insurance for us in case something caused the bike's battery to go dead....also, it's a nice way to help out fellow riders when the need occurs!
    Happy and safe rydin'
    2014 Spyder RT Limited - January 2014, Cognac/Black Seat, #958, born on 1-8-14
    2014 RT Limited , Cognac

Spyder Garage

i have one and they work great
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Spyder Garage

seems like everyone likes them. can I just use the LIpo batteries from my RC?
    I can wire them in series and get the voltage I need.
    Stefan

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

YES they work fine, JUST some work better than others...
    I was going to sell them on my website and still may however, now I notice they are sold
    at just about every store in town... batteries Plus, Sears, AutoZone and more
    so I would let your fingers do the walking and get the one with the highest cranking amps
    Ride Safe
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by ahh-cool View Post
    I just saw a jump start battery that uses LIPO batteries.
    Do they work?
    can I just use my RC batteries and build one?
    Stefan

Spyder Garage

I have 2 of them. Love them. I got them both at PitBull Powersports. If you call them they will even ship them to you.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BeRight View Post
    What is also great about these devices (besides size, weight, multiple output interfaces, high amp discharge, charge multiple vehicles on a single charge) they will hold 85-90% of their charge typically for 18 months.

Great for old minds like mine that would forget to charge it.
    I carry one on my Spyder and usually use it to power my laptop when we are doing alignments. I am always amazed when I turn it on and it is at 100% charge even though I haven't plugged it in lately. People sure do look at you funny though when you say you can jump start their car with one.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    I carry one on my Spyder and usually use it to power my laptop when we are doing alignments. I am always amazed when I turn it on and it is at 100% charge even though I haven't plugged it in lately. People sure do look at you funny though when you say you can jump start their car with one.

Yes people are amazed when you pull that little battery out to jump start them, next thing they want to know is where to get one.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) Phyxius's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Would you agree with this video on how to jump a 2012? And, will the battery tender pigtail cause any problems? (I can't run out and look at mine or I would)

I've just ordered one of the packs and am hoping to pick up my spyder from a terrible dealer next week. It's been sitting there since September and I doubt they had it hooked up to a tender so, I want to be prepared and it's just good to know in general.

Thanks!
    -Christina
    2012 RT-S Blue
    Photographer and horse rider.
    2012 RT , Blue

Spyder Garage

I have the $79 one from Lowe's. Starts everything I have: bike, tractor, lawn tractor, truck, car. Wouldn't start my Cummins due to a bad starter. Definitely taking it with me in my boat!
    3:16

Spyder Garage

Default Absolutely-YES---

We bought one of these emergency starters about a year ago. One Day went out to try to start our diesel John Deere Tractor and it was dead. I got to try out the "emergency" starter and connected it up and my wife and I were like HOLY COW! It works, it really works! That thing cranked that diesel over like nothing. Got it started and we were sold for sure on it and glad we have one and am thinking of buying a new one too. They are even smaller now then when we bought ours.

Amazing little things! Dynamite does come in small packages!!!!!
    2015 RT-Limited SE6-TricLED Fender LED's (Red and Amber), 3rd LED Brake Light/Tail Light, ISCI Handbrake with black small hands handle,Spyderpops Rock Guard. ,Can-Am Adjustable Wing Vents, Bumpskid, Bajaron's Sway-Bar with metal Heim Joints. Elkas Stage 2 Plus., TricLED Wide-VU Mirrors, TricLED Jumper Port, Laser Aligned!