Thread: Sena Questions

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Sena Questions

I just got a Sena dual system and have some questions. I'm installing them on modular helmets.
    1. Should the microphone be right in the middle in front of your lips or is it ok to have it slightly to the side - still in front of your lips, but just a little off center?
    2. Do you use the microphone cap to reduce wind noise?
    3. Is there a wall charger available? It comes with a cigarette lighter type charger and a USB, but no wall plug charger. When we are at Spyderfest, I want to be able to charge the units at night while at the hotel. I don't have a laptop, so nothing to plug the USB into when away from home.

Spyder Garage

The mic can be off center, it won't hurt with sound transmission. The foam wind sock will filter out a lot of wind noise. Use your cell phone charger when in the house or at a hotel.

John

Spyder Garage

Ditto..USB ports are pretty standard in hotels these days.
    2015 F3-S. And Another Day To Be My Kids Dad

Very Active Member Bam Bam and Pebbles's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Professor View Post
    I just got a Sena dual system and have some questions. I'm installing them on modular helmets.
    1. Should the microphone be right in the middle in front of your lips or is it ok to have it slightly to the side - still in front of your lips, but just a little off center?
    3. Is there a wall charger available? It comes with a cigarette lighter type charger and a USB, but no wall plug charger. When we are at Spyderfest, I want to be able to charge the units at night while at the hotel. I don't have a laptop, so nothing to plug the USB into when away from home.
    MY wife and I use 3/4 helmets with our Sena's. We have the microphone just off to the side and a bit above our mouths, inside the face shield. We dont use the cap and haven't had too much problem with wind noise. We can hear each other fine. I don't know if a wall charger is available but you can by a USB wall plug adapter. Plugs into the wall and the USB plugs into it. Same thing that comes with IPhones.

Current Ride
    2015 RT-S SM6 Cocaine
    Pearl White
    Diamond R Web Armrests
    Shorty Windshield

Previous Ride
    2012 RT SM5 The Beast
    Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

The user's guide will tell you just about anything you need to know. Any certified USB charger can be used to charge a Sena headset.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

You are all the GREATEST!!!

Thank you soooo much.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Professor View Post
    1. We put the mic in the middle close to the lips without touching--less wind noise. Mic goes behind the face plate to keep it out of the wind.
    2. Mic cap on at all times.
    3. We use wall chargers, I think I had to order mine separately.

Ours are installed on Nolan 40 series helmets. Open face variety, but we use the pull down face plates that come with.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thanks again. I just found out that my wife already has a wall charger with two USB ports. As usual, she is way ahead of me.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

The wife found us a plug in surge protector with 120v and USB plugs. Good charging point for the headsets, our tablets, the laptop if I take it, etc. It's the same size as the converters that turn two outlets into six.

Spyder Garage

I don't use the boom mic. I installed the wired mic. Works great and does not interfere with putting helmet on or off.

Spyder Garage

Why not just charge them in the Trunk.
    I purchased a 2:1 cigarette adapter and plug my 2 Sena cords in.
    BTW several 2:1 USB adapters are also available and combos of cigarette and usb.

Just remember to move the fuse so power is available when ignite is off

AJ

Quote Originally Posted by Bam Bam and Pebbles View Post
    MY wife and I use 3/4 helmets with our Sena's. We have the microphone just off to the side and a bit above our mouths, inside the face shield. We dont use the cap and haven't had too much problem with wind noise. We can hear each other fine. I don't know if a wall charger is available but you can by a USB wall plug adapter. Plugs into the wall and the USB plugs into it. Same thing that comes with IPhones.
    2014 RT/S , Black