Spyder Garage

Default My Trip to Daytona

Hello Everyone (that reads this)

Left Little Rock a week ago on Tuesday Morning headed to Biloxi MS, (440 Miles) for the first stop, all went well till i was about 75 miles from Biloxi, the skies opened up and a torrential rain came down on me for the last 75 miles, woke up Wednesday morning to a cloudy, foggy day and headed to Daytona (560 miles) about 175 or so miles from Daytona i met up with Jerry (Copperman) as planned and we rode into the Country Inn Hotel, (very nice hotel) we hung around the parking lot visiting with and meeting new friends, several of us got together and went for dinner then returned to a small gathering and refreshments on the parking lot of the hotel. the next few days we wandered around Daytona and met more very nice folks (mostly on Spyders).

Attended the BRP luncheon and although the timing of the food was a little off we generally had a good time and met more Spyder folks.

Left Sunday morning for a 2 day return trip to home, no rain, nice weather, got home safely.

All in all it was a fun trip and i will probably do it again.

To all the folks that i met and hung out with at the numerous places in Florida, I thank you for your camaraderie and hope that the next time we meet i can remember your names (i am real bad with names), i enjoyed talking spyders and other items with all of you, thank you.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Default Good to hear..!!

Outside of the wet spell sounds like a most enjoyable trip. Problem, as always, no pictures..!! Did you really go..?? Prove it..!! glad your safe and back home..
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Are you worse at remembering names after parking lot refreshments?
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

It was great seeing you again, Joe.

Chris

Spyder Garage

Joe,

I had a great time, it was good seeing you again and meeting new Spyder Ryder's.

Parrish
    [B]

2018 Intense Red F3T (See About Me under My Profile for mods)
    2010 Timeless Black RT-622 Trailer
    2014 Timeless Black RTS-SE6, 34,300 Miles, traded May 2019
    2011 Timeless Black RTS-SE5, 15,180 Miles, traded April 2014

Spyder Garage

Default finally met Cruz Joe

We had a good time too, weather was great , riding was good. After being on this site for 3 years finally got to meet Cruzer Joe, met him down at laser headquarters in Edgewater he was there both days for lunch . Nice guy hope to see you at Spyderquest. I know you won't remember my name but that is okay ...it is called a " Senior moment "

SpyderLovers Sponsor scooterexpress's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by hillybillyheaven View Post
    We had a good time too, weather was great , riding was good. After being on this site for 3 years finally got to meet Cruzer Joe, met him down at laser headquarters in Edgewater he was there both days for lunch . Nice guy hope to see you at Spyderquest. I know you won't remember my name but that is okay ...it is called a " Senior moment "
    i like the way you said he was there both days for lunch was there pie??

Tall flag mount, spyderpops skid plate & stainless steel screen mesh, airhawk adjustable cushion, raised white lettered tires.

Spyder Garage

No pie but plenty of homemade desserts....a lady was there will a small tent set up, her biz card said she was a personal chef....don't know if Joe bought into that >>>MAYBE !!!!!

Spyder Garage

Attended the BRP luncheon and although the timing of the food was a little off we generally had a good time and met more Spyder folks.

Cruzr Joe[/QUOTE]

Joe I talked to the caterers after they set up.....they told me they where not late....BRP did not call to order food till noon that day !!!

Guess everyone at BRP thought the other guy ordered and in truth NOBODY ordered, so they blamed the catering company...it was so helter skelter...the riders didn't even know where the tent was. Heres what I say ...do a good job so people keep coming back OR don't do it at all...it was not a good memory for BRP

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    Are you worse at remembering names after parking lot refreshments?

Ummm, Yes
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MouthPiece View Post
    It was great seeing you again, Joe.

Chris
    Thanks Chris, always good to meet old friends.

Quote Originally Posted by YIRYDE View Post
    Joe,

I had a great time, it was good seeing you again and meeting new Spyder Ryder's.

Parrish
    Parrish, it is always good to see you and your group, and i know that Doug and his wife appreciated all your help, you are one of the good guys.

Quote Originally Posted by hillybillyheaven View Post
    That was a pretty good group of folks both days, and the free lunch was pretty good too, the deserts were cool.

Quote Originally Posted by scooterexpress View Post
    i like the way you said he was there both days for lunch was there pie??
    Hey, free lunch is always good. no pie but good cakes.

Cruzr Joe

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Well......

All that great ryding and no pics?
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate looks at -- View Post

All that great ryding and no pics?

one of the guys riding with me, Copperman, took a lot of pics, hopefully he will post some.

Cruzr Joe

Spyder Garage

Thanks for posting about the trip Joe. I understand about the pictures. When I am having a good time, enjoying friends, activities, and scenery...its a pain to pull out the camera gear and take a bunch of photos. The other problem with "big" scenery is that the camera just does not capture it properly.

I take a few pictures, but don't have a lot either.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member 2ndChildhood's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzr Joe View Post
    one of the guys riding with me, Copperman, took a lot of pics, hopefully he will post some.

Cruzr Joe
    I had a great time visiting with you and Jerry (Copperman), Chris and Cindy (Mouthpiece) and meeting other Spyder Riders.

We made it home safe Monday afternoon about 4pm. Attach is a couple of picture from Bike Week

One is a picture of the '15 RT that I took a test drive on now I one!

See you at Spyder Fest

ToM
    SpyderFest '15

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Life is Great
    ToM