Spyder Garage

Default Entertainment System Audio Quality

For those of you coming off GL1800 Gold Wings and now on RTs, how do you compare the audio sound quality both music & CB radio?

Using the same helmets, so same headphones (J&M), we find the quality well below that of our Wing. I've read that the early '14 RTs had problems with the 'Entertainment System'.

So before I call my local dealer about a potential problem wanted to hear from some of you and your opinions.

thank-you.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RUOUTHERE View Post
    For those of you coming off GL1800 Gold Wings and now on RTs, how do you compare the audio sound quality both music & CB radio?
    Oh, I should be so lucky to be able to tell! For most of my life music has been just unintelligible background noise to keep my mind from wandering.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default AUDIO QUALITY

Not sure of what you are asking here.....I thought the OEM speakers of my 2014 RT were awful, so I switched to JBL - 2 OHM model's....Now my system Rocks. I don't understand your reference to J&M ?????............Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

If you're going to compare it to the Wing's system; it'll lose every time...

And so will every other system, on every other bike on the Planet!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default Spyder intercom

We, my wife and I, came from 13 years riding a Wing. We started out with a 2011 RTS, with intercom package, and it stunk. Found out original installer had cross matched the antenna with the intercom. Had a second dealer change out antenna to match intercom and all is well. Have a 2014 RTS with new intercom system and I would compare to our old wing.
    2014 RTS SE6 , Cognac

Very Active Member Orange Spyder Man's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Can Am spyder is far below the quality of a GoldWing's audio system... I had 3 GoldWings... their audio system is top notch... Can Am spyder's audio - SUCKS..

osm

Spyder Garage

I have been satisfied with the radio with J&M Performance headsets on my 2014 RT-S. The intercom has "snow like" noise in it, and took several trials to get it to work effectively. The CB is still a work in progress. See my posts under RT shop talk. Compared to my 2012 Gold Wing, I like being able to have the external speakers on while also hearing the music through the headset on the Spyder. I usually have the external speakers on when riding the Gold Wing.

Spyder Garage

Speakers out all 4. Power amp in all 4 works great. Cb. Must really ground the system well lot of work their but does work great. Ham radio a plus and works great to. You just have to take your time and go thu Can am rt slowly and all will be great.

Spyder Garage

Follow-up question, given the entertainment sound quality is marginal at best on the RTs or Spyders in general, has anyone found a better solution for their RT?

Thanks!

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default READ THE ANSWERS

Follow-up question, given the entertainment sound quality is marginal at best on the RTs or Spyders in general, has anyone found a better solution for their RT?

Thanks!
    This question has been answered above !!!!!!.................Mike

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

For me personally, I have a much different opinion on our 2014 RT Ltd's audio system. We have owned a 2008 & 2009 Goldwing, as well as a 2011 Road Glide Ultra. My wife and I both think the sound quality of the RT is MUCH better than any of the others. We have only used the radio & Garmin mp3 player function so far.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thanks!
    For the 2014 model year; BRP did seem to improve the speakers. My 2010's system, always seemed to have more distortion in it than I thought was reasonable...
    But the 2014 system seems to be much "cleaner"...
    J&M speakers are supposed to be an improvement, and Mike swears by his JBL.s.
    One thing that I would caution against; adding an amplifier without improving the speakers. It'll only make the noise louder, and MORE distorted!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black