Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Spyder Garage

My dad gave me mine when I was born

Spyder Garage

From my shooting days.

Mike

Spyder Garage

A CMA sister gave it to me "Duke", because I ride tall in the saddle. That was twenty years ago, back in my Harley days.
    3:16

Spyder Garage

They're my initials. Pretty boring but it also denotes "speed"...
    2022 Spyder RT SEA-TO-SKY Mystery Blue... (bought new May 2023, a work in progress...)

2015 Can-Am Red F3-S, SE6
    CalSci shield, Elka stage 5 rear shock, stage 4 front shocks, Akrapovic silencer, BajaRon Bar, Roadster Renovations vibration dampener, Tricled LED headlights and auxiliary lights, driver floorboard, driver and passenger backrests, Tricled Safety Led package, Shad BRP/SH36 side cases, Baker built luggage rack, Tricled Rear run/brake/turn signal led, Tricled LED piezo brake bullet strobe, JDM Astar LED bulbs for rear and front lights, Airhawk seat pad, USB power outlet

Spyder Garage

I run. Sometimes I need a reminder to get out there and do it, so I say to myself "Run Sharon"

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

My first venture into the cyberworld was on a forum at a politically-charged news site, where most people hid their location and some even their gender. I chose to give both in my username so as not to be too deceptive, and have just stuck with it ever since.
    NEW - 2015 RT Limited SE6 Intense Red Pearl - 07/21/15
    Retained the old mirrors with TricLed Signals
    General Altimax RT43 rear tire (at...17,000 miles) Ran for 36,500 miles
    Michelin Defender.......rear tire (at...53,500 miles) Ran for 60,700 miles
    Riken Raptor HR.........rear tire (at 114,200 miles)
    Vredestein Quatrac 5 front tires (at 70,500 miles, first new fronts!)
    Gear Brake Decelerometer Module

OLD - 2012 RT Limited SE5 Pearl White - 01/31/13 - Traded in at 32,600 miles.
    BajaRon Anti-sway Bar
    Kumho ECSTA AST rear tire (at 14,200 miles)
    TricLed Turn Signals in Mirrors
    2015 Limited , Intense Red Pearl

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

And that reminds me of the most intriguing, snakiest username I ever saw... "aspviper".
    NEW - 2015 RT Limited SE6 Intense Red Pearl - 07/21/15
    Retained the old mirrors with TricLed Signals
    General Altimax RT43 rear tire (at...17,000 miles) Ran for 36,500 miles
    Michelin Defender.......rear tire (at...53,500 miles) Ran for 60,700 miles
    Riken Raptor HR.........rear tire (at 114,200 miles)
    Vredestein Quatrac 5 front tires (at 70,500 miles, first new fronts!)
    Gear Brake Decelerometer Module

OLD - 2012 RT Limited SE5 Pearl White - 01/31/13 - Traded in at 32,600 miles.
    BajaRon Anti-sway Bar
    Kumho ECSTA AST rear tire (at 14,200 miles)
    TricLed Turn Signals in Mirrors
    2015 Limited , Intense Red Pearl

Spyder Garage

O.K. finless , tell us YOUR story.

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I have always been a ford fan, but I also like to change up quite often. Well, after going through about 8 different mustangs (from my first being a new 87 LX 5.0 to my current 06 Jack Roush), the one ford that I enjoy driving the most is my BLACKLIGHTNING
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The current Goldwing I have had for over 9 years is a 2004 Flare Red solid. So "Flamewinger" sounded good. :-)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427930357.484887.jpg
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

College nickname. My name is John, so I guess it just made sense.

Spyder Garage

Default MY "HANDLE"??WELL.......

Long story short.Back when I was a young E-5 stationed at Rhein Main Germany(Air Force) back in the 80's,myself and a group of guys and acouple of ladies took a Rhein River tour and after afew beers I deceided to tie on a bandana and take my switchblade and place it in my mouth and pretend I was a pirate and when two tour boats got close enough side by side,I jumped from one to the other.With that the two pilots of the boats thought this was "fun" so they stayed side by side and I think I made 4 jumps before my buddies decided that I had enough "fun" and the girls gave me the nickname "MAD MAC"(last name of "McCoy") to the roar of the crowd of mainly German locals onboard. I was worried that the "POLIZI" was waiting for me at the dock!!!! And that's my story and I'm sticking with it!
    Last edited by Mad Mac; 04-01-2015 at 08:06 PM.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

The book 'Cabal' (then the movie 'Nightbreed') by Clive Barker. "Midian is where the monsters live, and you came to die." But I am a really nice guy, just ask me!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JAEN View Post
    O.K. finless , tell us YOUR story.
    Eeeee gads..... Usually I tell people to google it as the story is out there.

But here goes.

In the early 90's I owned a 26' sailboat and me and my scuba buddies would go over to Catalina Island almost twice a month for 3 day weekends. One Saturday afternoon after a day of diving, we went on shore to take a hot shower and had some drinks at the bar. The famous drink was called a Buffalo Milk. Yum....

Anyway after having more than I probably should have, as we were getting back in the inflatable dingy to go back to the sailboat and cook dinner, I had one foot on the dock and one on the dingy about to board when another friend jumped in the dingy. Well the dingy went all over the place and I fell in! Dang I just had a shower and fresh clothes on too...

Now just so some know why people drown falling overboard even a dingy or small boat, have you ever tried to pull yourself back up in a boat trading water? Without a ladder or some kind of assistance, most people cannot. If they are alone... trouble! Now when we are scuba diving and ready to get back in the dingy, it is super easy to use your dive fins and pump and pull yourself up into the dingy. Without fins it is near impossible.

Anyway after a couple of attempts to try and pull myself back up in the dingy after falling in, I finally looked up at one of my buddies, reached my hand up and said "Dude, pull me in I got no fins".

Well, thats how I got my nick name and it stuck ever since.

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Spyder Garage

When we bought the 2011 RT Ltd. we decided that it would honor the Lord so we named her Glory...............hence GloryRyders!

Spyder: 2011 RT Limited w/ RT-622 trailer
    Mods: ESI Brightsides, RT Rear Brightsides, HMT Brake Light, Scuff Guards, Utopia Backrest, Chrome, and more Chrome, Pearl White Rear View Mirrors, Rear Fender, and Dashboard, Black Rear Wheel and Belt Assy, SpyderPops Heat Shields & Bump Skid, Elka Stage 1+ Shocks, 2012 SF Graphics, Silver Carbonfiber Dash, Corbin Arm Rests, Baker A.W., BRP Vented WindShield. BR's Sway Bar, Tricled White Halo Lights, BadBoy Air Horn, Spyder Legs Floor Boards

Spyder Garage

Default DRAGN

Dragons (Asian) are good and wise. European Dragons eat villagers and burn s--t
    I am attempting to emulate the Asian variety in my dotage.

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up kaos

trying to add a pix of "kaos" He is our 6 year old Great Dane---we have had a few of these lovable little dogs. He is one of the smaller ones at 145 pounds. Thought I would him as my handle, I usually just use my first name ( Lew ) on the other forums. ( V-Max and Valkyrie )

Kaos
    Last edited by Lew L; 04-02-2015 at 10:53 PM. Reason: incomplete thought
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

I was at a large conference in Chicago after a late evening of entertainment. The gift basket in my room had a pair of RayBan sunglasses, which I wore to the morning meeting. The Blues Brothers was a popular film at the time, and everybody started calling me Elwood.

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Ahhhh

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood58 View Post
    I was at a large conference in Chicago after a late evening of entertainment. The gift basket in my room had a pair of RayBan sunglasses, which I wore to the morning meeting. The Blues Brothers was a popular film at the time, and everybody started calling me Elwood.
    ......that's Raybans
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

ssmcclub is my motorcycle clubs name southshore motorcycle club
    richie spyder

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Well.

From Jimmy Buffett I was 40 once!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

Default pathfinderjoe

Before the advent of the hand held GPS I bow hunted with a buddy whom had a terrible sense of direction and I'd tell him he probably couldn't find true north even with the aid of a compass. Normally all we had was a compass and a Forest Service map and by the end of the day he would be totally confused. Eventually he needed to ask me which way was camp and started sarcastically calling me pathfinderjoe.
    When life throws you a curve - aim for the apex.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Eponymous...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

No imagination in mine. My first name is Dudley, so that's what I use.
    2008 GS SE5 in 2008
    Traded at 43,000 miles for a left over
    2010 RT SM5 in 2011
    Traded at 57,000 for a left over
    2014 RTS SE6 in 2015, which has 35,000 miles
    Oct 19th, 2017, totaled 2014 RT while killing a Javaline
    Dec 12th, 2017 drove a 2017 F3L home. What an awesome machine!

Never had any breakdown stranded issues.

Spyder Garage

Being a musician I was very heavily influenced by The Beatles.
    Paul McCartney being my favorite. Macca was the nickname John Lennon gave him.
    2011 Pearl White RT Limited
    HMT Brake Light, Fender Tips Kit, Mudflap Lights, GloRyders, Seal Floorboards, Powerlet 12V, Garage Door Momentary Button, Bump Skid, Elka's Stage 1, Ultimate Sea, Air Wings

Member of the Woodstock Spyder Ryders (Illinois)