Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

This would be the perfect post for the "Me Too!" button. I also got mine and will wait for the notice from BRP and my dealer to get it scheduled. Seriously doubt my dealer will contact me, but there is always hope.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by oldguyinCT View Post
    WOW, seems like everybody, including me got the "Interim Letter" from BRP today. As usual, it tells us next to nothing. I sent an Email on Friday to BRP care asking what the "fix" is for the 2013 RT's, and why all of the secrecy. Guess what....No answer.
    Thats because they have no clue how to fix it at this point. The couple people i saw post that were test cases said it didnt do anything for them.

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    Then they go on to define 'very hot ambient conditions' as anything over 85 degF. This coming from Valcourt Canada.....

Yeah, I got my CYA letter too.
    Very hot is anything over 85 degrees? Hell its over 85 degrees here in fricken December lol, forget about august when it can hit 100. I wonder how the effect is on the east where it doesnt maybe get quite as hot but its so humid it feels like 110.
    Tony From Los Angeles

Current
    2015 Spyder RT
    2012 Yamaha FZ6R
    Previous
    2008 Premier GS #588
    2005 Suzuki C50
    2007 Susuki S40

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Tony,
    Do you have a 2013?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Got my letter today.

Traded in - 2013 RT SE5 Limited - Pearl White
    Mods Mods
    Tri Axis handlebars
    GPS mount for the Tri Axis handlebars
    Ultimate seat with driver backrest
    Driver cup holder
    3rd Brake light -truck
    Spyderpops bumpskid
    Bayaron swaybar with Heim links
    Lidlox

Spyder Garage

Default Recalls and Notification Letters

Being in the auto industry working at an automotive manufacturer, I have firsthand knowledge of what is involved with issuing recalls. When the manufacturer identifies a safety or emission related problem to the Federal Government, they have a very short time window before they have to notify their customers. This is whether parts to fix the vehicle are available or not. A lot of car manufacturers were in this situation with the Takata airbags, which are still having parts supply issues. The initial letters that everyone is receiving are the first step, you will receive follow up letters when the parts become available by BRP. The dealers are not responsible for this notification, although they might.

Blue = Can-Am Spyder or 2 wheels
    Green = 2 wheels
    Pink = 4 wheels and trips by air

Spyder Garage

Default Got my letter today.....

Quote Originally Posted by Larry rt View Post
    Received letter from BRP today. States parts would be available in May.Will send to warmer states first.Will receive second notice, when parts are available in my area.ft
    So what exactly can I expect to be done to my rig? Does anyone know? I will wait like all the rest. Varoooom!
    Chase the wind every chance you get.....! 2013 Circuit Yellow RT-SE5
    Mods: Bump Skid, foam grips; Tric-LED 3rd & 4th tail lights, Mirror turn signals, & front fender lights; CB, Shortee CB & Radio Antennas, NBV Highway Pegs, USA & CA flags on Rivco flag mounts, Black widow frunk logo, Utopia Driver backrest, Sheepskin Driver Seat pad, running & brake light license frame, Chrome Luggage Rack, Ram mount on dashboard for iPad Mini for GPS, Race Tech shocks all around.