Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default WHO'S GOING WHERE THIS RIDING SEASON??

Thought I would start a thread to ask what kinds of trips folks are planning on taking on their Spyder this year.
    The wife & I are going to take the following trips (that we know of so far):

May - Chicago, for our son's wedding reception that his soon to be wife's family is hosting. He and his fiance live in Austin, TX and will be getting married there on April 20th, with a reception that we are hosting on April 25th. (Flying, not riding the Spyder - too hot & too much stop & go traffic and prolonged idling times in Austin. The RT doesn't like that).

August - Our annual trip to the beach house in Rehoboth Beach Delaware. This will be our 34th year.

September - SpyderQuest in Lake George, N.Y. We went last year, made new friends, and had a great time even with the rain.

All spring (if it ever comes) & summer: Probably one day trip per week around Connecticut, Rhode Island, New York, Massachusetts, & New Jersey as we did last season.

It is 51 degrees here in Southwestern CT, but we still have a lot of snow, salt, and ice melt on the roads, so the RT is still hibernating. At least it will be warm enough this week that I can get out into my unheated garage to do some planned farkles.

Hope everyone has a great riding season!

Forgot: We will ride to Pennsylvania several times (2 hours) to visit our daughter & her fiance. They are getting married next year.
    Last edited by oldguyinTX; 03-09-2015 at 02:39 PM.
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

Great Idea for a thread Mr. Old Guy.

Looks like you have some really good stuff planned.

We are doing a "staycation" as far as Alaska is concerned this summer. No "outside" trips, but I plan on a couple overnight weekends. We are going to Denali National Park and probably Valdez. Do not feel bad for us, we have a pretty nice place to "staycation" in. Akspyderlady and I usually manage 500 or more miles just "bumming around" on most every weekend.

Also going to "guide" four special tours with the North to Alaska travelers when they visit us in July. The destinations are "secret" for now.

Guessing that I will get my 12,000 miles or better in between April/October. Fingers crossed for good health.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I agree; this is always a fun topic!
    Since we don't get vacations; we're limited to "Day-Trips" within about a two-hundred mile radius of the back yard...

...And the maps have already been dusted off for review!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default Travel this summer

My big rides are Spyderfest in April/May.... Going to SITR in August and I hope several short trips within the state of Wa if I can work them in...Should be a great summer (I hope)

Spyder Garage

I've got a few trips set up . . .

In April, I'm riding from Kearneysville WV to Tucson, AZ and back . . . if timing permits, I will drop in on SpyderFest on the return trip.

In June, I'll be riding with the Maryland Spyder Web (MSW) for our annual Appalachian Highland Tour.

In July, I'll ride, again, with MSW up to Pennsylvania to do the Pennsylvania Spyder Ryders "Easy Overnighter" . . . to which we add two nights.

In August, again with MSW, for the annual weekend getaway to Jim Thorpe, PA and the Lehigh Valley.

Later in August, I'm going to Spyder Odyssee in Quebec.

In September, I'm going to Spyder Quest in Lake George, NY. Really loved it, last year, and the MSW members who went have convinced the powers that be to make it one of the season's group rides! So far, we have ten Spyders set up for the trip.

In between, MSW usually does a day ride every other Saturday . . .

I am ready for Spring!
    Last edited by Dan McNally; 03-09-2015 at 02:33 PM.

"Topper" is my Pearl White 2013 RT-LTD

Professional Retiree - liked it so much when I retired from the USAF, that I started another career so I could do it again!

Happy to be a member of the Maryland Spyder Web - find us at

http://www.meetup.com/MarylandSpyderWeb/

2013 RT Limited , White (the fastest color!)

Spyder Garage

Default One..!!

SITR would be our big one the rest are hard to tell. We decide on the fly. Sometimes just stay over and drive home the next day. Always said, If it doesn't fit it doesn't go the rest can be gotten on the way. Only family is in LA and that is basically a day trip...ya'll enjoy...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

my big trip will be riding the F3 to Sturgis in August.
    Lot's of small weekend trips.
    2015 F3s White

BRP Drivers and Passenger backrest
    Blue Ridge windshield
    Corbin Saddle Bags

...in the pink (Girls On Spyders) flamingobabe's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

we are doing
    1. Spyders on the Bayou in March....getting excited...
    2. GOTF 18th year at our house Gatherin' of the Fools...started as a Valkyrie getogether...now some
    of everything....
    3. Spyderfest April/May...
    4. 5th Gatherin' of the Spyders Memorial weekend...BBQ at our home
    5. June and July we will travel to NW near Seattle across Hwy 2 headed east... into Idaho...Montana...Wyoming...North and South Dakota....stop in Black Hills for a Valkyrie event ...then back to Hwy 2 ....across Minnesota...Wisconsin....upper peninsula of Michigan across Mac Bridge....head south to Ohio and head Easton hwy 2 to Pennsylvania and into New York....plan to spend time in New York...see Niagara Falls...Finger Lakes....thru the Adironidacks...into Vermont...New Hampshire and Maine...where Hwy 2 ends at Houlton.....then a leisurely ride back to Texas

6. October...Texas Hill Country Ride Boerne, Tx Ride Three Sisters sponsored by Coyote
    Powersports

in-between we will do some week day/weekends trips...and just enjoy this beautiful USA

#IamARyder #RideASpyder #CanAmSpyder

Spyder Garage

i will be doing my normal riding back and forth to long island.
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Spyder Garage

We are doning these trips this year:

April/May Spyderfest
    End of may Gaterin of the Spyders
    Sept a group of friends are going to Durango
    Oct Texas Hill Country Ride

Pretty well eats up the available vacation time....gotta work some time.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

whole month of july we're doing a cross country trip with the rv and spyder. nj to south dakota, wyoming, montana, idaho, north dakota, and back.
    in august we're joining our friend pierre for spyder odyysee in quebec!
    in september we're hosting spyderquest with the rest of the spyderquest team in lake george, ny.

Spyder Garage

My wife and I are going to the Spyder Rally in Myrtle Beach, SC. for the weekend, It's 53 days to go. It's a free rally and five hrs. away. For more information: http://www.spyderrally.com/ . The rest of the year is all up in the air. Nice to being retired, we can pickup and go any time.

Mike

GOS member (Girls On Spyders)
    Spyder Garage

Default 2015 rides

Spyderfest in Springfield, MO the end of April

Texas at the end of May

SpyderJam in Cuba, MO

Maybe N.Y. in September

Shorter rides in between!

Spyder Garage

I'm going somewhere where there's no complaining.

Spyder Garage

Default Another close to homer

We are not venturing far this year but we plan to venture often.

The first trip is already planned out for the first week of May. We'll be heading up the Cherokee Foothills National Scenic Highway in South Carolina a ways and just past Table Rock we will head north towards Brevard on Highway 276 until it intersects with the Blue Ridge Parkway. We plan to stay in the Pisgah Inn around mile market 208 on the Parkway.

Then back to Highway 276 north called the Copperhead Loop that travels to Looking Glass Falls and Sliding Rock. This road doesn't get traveled much since newer roads going north/south have been built. Once we hit Bethel crossroads we will head back southward on NC route 15 back up the mountains to the Blue Ridge Parkway once more.

Then westbound on the Parkway to Cherokee NC to stay overnight and maybe win some money at Harrahs.

Then west on Highway 19 to Bryson City and we'll travel the area around Hwys 28, 74, & 143 all around the Fontana lake and Nantahala National Forest area. We will be at Deal's Gap but no Dragon for us. Done it three times and that is enough.

At Robbinsville we hit the Cherohala Skyway for one of our favorite rides up across the mountains to Tellico Plains to stay in one of our favorite places, The Lodge at Tellico run by Walt and Anna who appreciate those who travel on two or three wheels.

Highway 68 (the Scorpion) from Tellico to Ducktown is a great ride back south for a stop in Blue Ridge where we will connect with Highway 60 for a terrific biking road all the way down to Dahlonegha, Georgia. Hwy 60 is perhaps our favorite road in the Georgia mountains

The rest of the summer will be two or three day trips back to places in Georgia, North Carolina and South Carolina where we will scout out news places to visit, new roads to ride and find some wonderful places to eat.

We may hit the event in Fontana Dam in October where BRP will have a presence.
    Penny and Rick have owned many motorcycles starting in 1974 with Honda’s, then to Suzukis, Gold Wings and ultimately Spyders.
    ‘74 Honda 360T (pair); ‘78 Suzuki GS 1000 (pair); ‘’82 Honda Aspencade; ‘84 Honda 400; ‘87 Yamaha 1100; ‘99 Honda Valkyrie; ‘01 Suzuki Burgman(triked); ‘02 Honda GL 1800(triked); ‘10 Spyder RTSE; ‘11 Spyder RTSM; ‘12 Spyder RTSL (pair); ‘20 Spyder RTL (current)

Spyder Garage

We'll likely head in all directions. Planning a week long trip north up around the great lakes area. The Mrs. just switched jobs so she has to start over with vacation....Makes for wknd trips mostly for us.
    2016 RTS , Pearl White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by flamingobabe View Post
    we are doing
    1. Spyders on the Bayou in March....getting excited...
    2. GOTF 18th year at our house Gatherin' of the Fools...started as a Valkyrie getogether...now some
    of everything....
    3. Spyderfest April/May...
    4. 5th Gatherin' of the Spyders Memorial weekend...BBQ at our home
    5. June and July we will travel to NW near Seattle across Hwy 2 headed east... into Idaho...Montana...Wyoming...North and South Dakota....stop in Black Hills for a Valkyrie event ...then back to Hwy 2 ....across Minnesota...Wisconsin....upper peninsula of Michigan across Mac Bridge....head south to Ohio and head Easton hwy 2 to Pennsylvania and into New York....plan to spend time in New York...see Niagara Falls...Finger Lakes....thru the Adironidacks...into Vermont...New Hampshire and Maine...where Hwy 2 ends at Houlton.....then a leisurely ride back to Texas

6. October...Texas Hill Country Ride Boerne, Tx Ride Three Sisters sponsored by Coyote
    Powersports

in-between we will do some week day/weekends trips...and just enjoy this beautiful USA
    Your #5 - - just . . . WOW!!

When I have some more money, I'm just going to follow you guys around!
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

As soon as I can hit the road my first trip will be to walmart to buy new summer socks. After that we'll get out nights after work and ride around the lake to the various eateries as much as we can . We want to ride to Thacher Park one weekend day. There will be a few trips thru Lake George to Oscar's smokehouse in Warrensburg. Another day we want to ride up to Ticonderoga and cross into Vermont on the ferry. We'll also take a day trip to spyderquest like last year. After that I'll need to get back to walmart to buy new winter socks.
    2015 RTS Special Series
    Russell Day Long seat
    F4 Customs windshield
    Sena 20s

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I was reacting to Flamingobabe's list and forgot my own reply!!

This year I'm only doing Spyderfest April/May and North to Alaska. But on the Alaska trip I'll do some sightseeing on the way to Washington, stopping at Rocky Mountain NP and Arches NP. Then on the way home I'll spend some time in Canada's Jasper and Banff National Parks, then the Black Hills area in South Dakota.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

Default 2015 Rydes!

Spyderfest is first, it will be my first time.
    Second we will hitch the spyder behind the motorhome and head for Maine to visit our son and his family. While we are there we plan to spend a couple of days on Acadia.
    Third is the Rendezvous in Johnson Creek WI.
    In between those times will be short runs in and around southern MN.
    2015 RT S 1330 ACE SM6:
    Intense Red Pearl
    Utopia Drivers backrest
    Lamonsters NBV Hwy Pegs
    Lamonsters SpyderDock
    Lidlox Helmet Locks
    iJDMTOY seq turn signals
    SpyderPops foam grips, bump skid and missing belt guard,
    LED headlights & fog lights, BRP adjustable side air deflectors.
    BajaRon's stabilizer bar
    1330 primary muffler delete by Pit Bull
    Cust Dyn HMT 3rd brake light
    Squared Away laser align
    Stebel air horn
    Rear mud flap

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by flamingobabe View Post
    That sounds like a year long trip all by itself. How many miles will this be?
    Penny and Rick have owned many motorcycles starting in 1974 with Honda’s, then to Suzukis, Gold Wings and ultimately Spyders.
    ‘74 Honda 360T (pair); ‘78 Suzuki GS 1000 (pair); ‘’82 Honda Aspencade; ‘84 Honda 400; ‘87 Yamaha 1100; ‘99 Honda Valkyrie; ‘01 Suzuki Burgman(triked); ‘02 Honda GL 1800(triked); ‘10 Spyder RTSE; ‘11 Spyder RTSM; ‘12 Spyder RTSL (pair); ‘20 Spyder RTL (current)

Spyder Garage

Default As for us..

Next is the Moonshine Lunch Run in April. The Ironbutt was in January, does that count? Anyway, last week of July is Natchez Trace Parkway, The Hermitage in Nashville, then interesting roads on the way back home. Lots of one and 2 day journeys in between, just don't know where yet.
    Patrick
    2011 RTS 2006 Yamaha Morphous
    2017 F150 2015 MINI Cooper S IBA 56167

Spyder Garage

I'll be heading to Sturgis for the first time this year.

Spyder Garage

I am not sure where I am going this summer, but in Sept. going to Spyderquest WoHoo , maybe to Maine, or other states. Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights
    Marinco 12Volt Power Receptacle with polarized leads & slide lock
    Show chrome Trunk Shock

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD

Spyder Garage

No long rides.

Montreal to western PA for 8 days with my brother . He is visiting from the UK in July & I bought a 2004 Honda Shadow Aero 750 for him to ride, with me on my Spyder. I'm 75, he is 70. A real couple of old f*rts on the loose.
    2008 GS SM5, Full Moon Silver
    2007 Piaggio MP3 - 250cc