Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by tigerdr View Post
    May be next year...

BRP said they ARE going to be in Springfield, MO at Spyderfest. They even asked my dealer salesperson to help in their display area.
    BIG F

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Big F View Post
    BRP said they ARE going to be in Springfield, MO at Spyderfest. They even asked my dealer salesperson to help in their display area.
    BIG F
    I know.... I write my post before BRP add their note in the original post.

Spyder Garage

Cool I wish!

Quote Originally Posted by Double Trouble View Post
    Steve: I would think you'd be excited about a 21 day relay ride from one end of your country to another with a designated ride captain in every one of your ten provinces.
    Hah, I wouldn't turn down the chance to participate in that or any other event. While I think it would be a pretty hard sell for me to ask if I can ride to every event , hopefully I'll get to meet a few of you face-to-face at one or two of them.
    Last edited by BRPcare; 03-10-2015 at 09:00 AM. Reason: spelling
    BRPcare
    Social Consumer Experience Team

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NoLmtz View Post
    Thank you BRP... this is an awesome list and spreading of sponsorship dollars!! I'm particularly glad you've selected SpyderQuest as I'll be making my 2nd cross-country trip to this event! The scenery is breath-taking... and that is what I love about this format. There are many great events throughout the country, I only wish I had more time and money! But, it's the opportunity to get exposure to some great venues and expose new riders to great areas of the country! If there are some events in the NW next year, let's rally to get one sponsored... I'd love to head West one year! The Redwoods looks cool, maybe next year, unless there's a Washington or Oregon one!

I will also be heading to SpyderFest this year and am looking forward to it and am glad to see it's somewhat of an anchor event that doesn't need special handling... it is what it is... it's the first event I heard about after I got my Spyder... it's part of the Spyder culture!

And please turn a deaf ear on all the nay-sayers, go with the 80/20 rule... in this context, there will always be 20% that will never be satisfied! I call those 20% Harley riders!!

And to the folks that are crying for a down-south event... I live in Texas, and in most of the central south if you've ridden 1 mile, you've ridden them all! It just doesn't compare to the NE, or I imagine the NW or West!!

Happy ryding... it's the adventure that makes life!
    well said my friend, and glad to hear you're headed back to spyderquest!! looking forward to having you there with us again!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NoLmtz View Post
    Haha - I grew up in the Hill Country - there is some nice scenery - Austin and surrounding towns are the best in Texas! Guess in comparison I like the tall trees and greenery of other places after seeing Texas for so long!

I don't know if BRP could handle the liability of all the heat strokes in an August event in Texas - although could be a gap filler with a December or March event but then everything's brown!! A Texas event will definitely test the overheating issues on the Spyders!!

The Hill Country event is in October.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Here's the deal and I don't have time to go into detail because I got more going on than some right now but I personally recommended Spyderquest and Spyders in the Redwoods and plan on attending both. I also recommended Magog and a few others. I was surprised as you are to see that Spyderfest was not on the list and I know that they could use the financial support as the out of pocket expense to put on Spyderfest is more than most people earn in a year. Every year they are happy if they can break even on the event. I guess we all just thought it was a given seeing Spyderfest is the largest Spyder only event in the world not just the US.

So that being said I think that it's great that some of the events were chosen, some I've never heard of but that's okay. Spyderfest will still be the largest gathering of Spyders and old friends will still get to reunite and new friends will be made. Nothing has changed other than Spyderfest didn't get the monetary support they were hoping for. The event will still be great without that if you show your support and show up. The other events will be great too I'm sure and now there are more options than before. For sure event's like Spyderfest, Spyderquest and Spyders in the Redwoods would not survive if it wasn't for the passion of Spyder owners who put their blood sweat and tears into making sure everyone has a good time when they show up. You can't put a dollar amount on that and for those people like the MOgang I am thankful. Their dedication to the cause could be an example for corporate America. I thank God for you all.

So show your support for the events you can attend and don't sweat the small stuff.

Very Active Member tofriendscreek's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I'm sitting here reading posts from folks I've known for years, some more recently met and many whom I have never met. We live in a country blessed with diversity, which translates into different perspectives, opinions and attitudes. I respect not only the right of folks to post their opinions, but the people making their thoughts known. I understand disappointment. What I truly do not understand, nor appreciate is, IMO, the predominate trail of negativity, hostility and general lack of gratitude to BRP. It's like they are damned if they do something and damned if they don't. It seems to me it's their money. They can choose to spend it as they decide. Rather than moaning, groaning and complaining about this or that, I would rather express thanks for what is being directly or indirectly supported. If an atmosphere is too caustic, no one benefits. What I viewed as an announcement by BRP intended to be a positive, sure turned caustic in a hurry. Beat me up, burn me or call me nasty names, but I'm simply, totally appalled by it all.
    2022 Plasma Red, F3 Limited, Special Series

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by tofriendscreek View Post
    I'm sitting here reading posts from folks I've known for years, some more recently met and many whom I have never met. We live in a country blessed with diversity, which translates into different perspectives, opinions and attitudes. I respect not only the right of folks to post their opinions, but the people making their thoughts known. I understand disappointment. What I truly do not understand, nor appreciate is, IMO, the predominate trail of negativity, hostility and general lack of gratitude to BRP. It's like they are damned if they do something and damned if they don't. It seems to me it's their money. They can choose to spend it as they decide. Rather than moaning, groaning and complaining about this or that, I would rather express thanks for what is being directly or indirectly supported. If an atmosphere is too caustic, no one benefits. What I viewed as an announcement by BRP intended to be a positive, sure turned caustic in a hurry. Beat me up, burn me or call me nasty names, but I'm simply, totally appalled by it all.
    I agree. They are spreading the money around the country. As far as I know they are the only manufacturer that even does this. Does any other motorcycle manufacturer do any thing. My hat is off to BRP for doing these events. Maybe, (if they still care to donate their time and money) seven new events will be picked.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Does anyone know if this event list is for several years to come, or will they do different ones each year?

I think it would be good to mix it up some each year, maybe rotate one or two off and add on other ones. But they'd have to be better at planning so they can announce the list earlier, when people are planning their events. It would be nice to know if they'll have the benefit of some BRP funding.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieSpyder View Post
    Does anyone know if this event list is for several years to come, or will they do different ones each year?
    Hi PrairieSpyder,

This event listing is for 2015 only.
    Last edited by BRPcare; 03-10-2015 at 11:17 AM. Reason: formatting
    BRPcare
    Social Consumer Experience Team

Spyder Garage

I'm very happy that BRP will be represented at more events this year.
    As someone not retired, it's impossible for me to take the time needed to go to MO or even NC.
    I can make it to Lake George.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Angry Caustic? Not Really...

Quote Originally Posted by tofriendscreek View Post
    What I viewed as an announcement by BRP intended to be a positive, sure turned caustic in a hurry. Beat me up, burn me or call me nasty names, but I'm simply, totally appalled by it all.
    FWIW, I don't see see this thread as all that "caustic". I just think some folks were disappointed and let their emotions get the best of them. Tomorrow they'll be back to the folks you knew.

It reminds me how very accurate Merrideth Wilson was about Midwestern personalities in the 1950's when he wrote the lyrics to "Iowa Stubborn"...

And we're so by God stubborn
    We can stand touchin' noses
    For a week at a time
    And never see eye-to-eye.
    But we'll give you our shirt
    And a back to go with it
    If your crop should happen to die.

That's one of the things I enjoy so much about the folks in the Midwest. (Here on the East Coast, we can hold a grudge for a looong time. )
    Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link
    May ALL your roads be beautiful
    Greisemer's Mill Bridge, Oley, PA
    2013 RT Limited , Lava Bronze with Antler Brown Seat

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by robmorg View Post
    FWIW, I don't see see this thread as all that "caustic". I just think some folks were disappointed and let their emotions get the best of them. Tomorrow they'll be back to the folks you knew.

It reminds me how very accurate Merrideth Wilson was about Midwestern personalities in the 1950's when he wrote the lyrics to "Iowa Stubborn"...
    And we're so by God stubborn
    We can stand touchin' noses
    For a week at a time
    And never see eye-to-eye.
    But we'll give you our shirt
    And a back to go with it
    If your crop should happen to die.

That's one of the things I enjoy so much about the folks in the Midwest. (Here on the East Coast, we can hold a grudge for a looong time. )

Well, my view is that the tantrum thrown by some folks here is both revealing and enlightening. Given their rather well developed sense of entitlement, I'm surprised that none among them announced that they were cancelling their Spyderfest plans and reservations...you know, just to get back at and show BRP a thing or two. Unbelievable, until I read some of this stuff.

P.S. I noticed that a few of yesterday's doozies have been deleted. Thought about deleting mine, too, but (as they say) I decided to let it stand since the bell's already been rung.
    Last edited by MEP; 03-10-2015 at 03:09 PM.
    MEP
    ​2019 F3 Limited

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

To those who are disappointed. Spyderfest was held for 5 years without any BRP financial support. I am sure we will survive again. Maybe some of the other events were not as successful as SpyderFest.
    2014 RTSS , Cogna/ black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Cool

The OP, Steve in the edited first post said:

"Note that in addition to the above-mentioned events, BRP will also be present at Spyderfest in MO with a demo truck and staff on hand."

EDIT: This information was not in the original post.
    Last edited by OJ UK; 03-10-2015 at 03:47 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by OJ UK View Post
    The OP, Steve in the edited first post said:

"Note that in addition to the above-mentioned events, BRP will also be present at Spyderfest in MO with a demo truck and staff on hand."
    I think some of the complaints are due to BRP providing financial support to all venues except Spyderfest. Spyderfest will of course continue with the BRP demo truck and staff in attendance, as mentioned a few times throughout this thread.
    Last edited by wyliec; 03-10-2015 at 03:42 PM.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BRPcare View Post
    Hah, I wouldn't turn down the chance to participate in that or any other event. While I think it would be a pretty hard sell for me to ask if I can ride to every event , hopefully I'll get to meet a few of you face-to-face at one or two of them.
    If i wanted to ride across Canada with 2 wheelers i would have bought a 2 wheeler..

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    Here's the deal and I don't have time to go into detail because I got more going on than some right now but I personally recommended Spyderquest and Spyders in the Redwoods and plan on attending both. I also recommended Magog and a few others. I was surprised as you are to see that Spyderfest was not on the list and I know that they could use the financial support as the out of pocket expense to put on Spyderfest is more than most people earn in a year. Every year they are happy if they can break even on the event. I guess we all just thought it was a given seeing Spyderfest is the largest Spyder only event in the world not just the US.

So that being said I think that it's great that some of the events were chosen, some I've never heard of but that's okay. Spyderfest will still be the largest gathering of Spyders and old friends will still get to reunite and new friends will be made. Nothing has changed other than Spyderfest didn't get the monetary support they were hoping for. The event will still be great without that if you show your support and show up. The other events will be great too I'm sure and now there are more options than before. For sure event's like Spyderfest, Spyderquest and Spyders in the Redwoods would not survive if it wasn't for the passion of Spyder owners who put their blood sweat and tears into making sure everyone has a good time when they show up. You can't put a dollar amount on that and for those people like the MOgang I am thankful. Their dedication to the cause could be an example for corporate America. I thank God for you all.

So show your support for the events you can attend and don't sweat the small stuff.

Thank you for those kind words. See you in August!
    We are a happy THREE Spyder family!
    My Rides: 2008 Quantum Blue Premier Edition Spyder GS SM5 (#1344)
    2015 Pearl White / Red Can-Am Spyder F3-S SM6
    2016 Intense Pearl Red Can-Am Spyder F3-T SE6
    2019 Chevrolet Volt (ER-EV)
    2003 Jeep Wrangler Sport X 4.0L I-6

RETIRED Owner / Event Coordinator - Annual Western Regional Can-Am Spyder Rallies
    Spyders in the Redwoods and Red Rock Spyder Rally of Southern Utah

The West Coast's Can-Am Spyder Community Ambassador
    2008 GS , ISCI Quantum Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by latony007 View Post
    i think they did a good job of spreading it around. Im pretty sure NC is still in the south, i know they think the are southerners hell its the capital of Nascar lol.
    Its making me consider the 700 mile trip up to the redwoods.
    We will be happy to have you!

RETIRED Owner / Event Coordinator - Annual Western Regional Can-Am Spyder Rallies

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jaherbst View Post

No representation in S. California, Arizona, Idaho, Nevada, Colorado, New Mexico and West Texas. I wonder how many Spyders there are in the Southwest? Eureka is in the very Northern part of CA just South of Oregon for SITR. The entire Southwest has been overlooked again. Thats what we get for having all the nice weather here I suppose.

Jack
    I'm sorry, but it's just too darn hot in that part of the country in August. When I planned Spyders in the Redwoods back in December 2010, there were really only a couple events... SpyderFest, Spyders in the Smokies, and the Owner's Event. We chose a time period that would not interfere with those other events. A lot has changed in 5 years. We chose Eureka due to its more quiet location, beautiful area, central location on the west coat, and temperate August weather. I now live in Salt Lake City, UT and still make the 1,800+ mile trip to the northern California coast. We are excited to have BRP sponsor us for our 5th year doing the event. I hope you and others in the southwestern US consider SITR as a destination this year.

With that said, I would eventually like to start another really in the Southwest. Just not this year. Hope to see you at Spyders in the Redwoods!!

www.spydersintheredwoods.com

Spyder Garage

It was 'mentioned' in the first post, that all the events submitted would be posted. Will that be soon? I'd like to know about other Spyder events around the USA? I might want to go to one or more of them?
    Thanks!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cyclekid58 View Post
    Isn't that Spyderquest? At Lake George?
    Spyderquest is in Lake George, New York, and that is in Sept. 9th to the 12th. Also check the beginning of this tread on what events BRP is going to at. Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights
    Marinco 12Volt Power Receptacle with polarized leads & slide lock
    Show chrome Trunk Shock

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by murphybrown View Post
    First Spyderfest I went to was in Cuba, MO..2011. They had a couple demo trucks...Spyders to demo around a few cones in Cowtown parking lot. OK representation but sure not something that had myself or others say wow BRP really is wanting to promote Spyders.
    Fast forward to Spyderfest 2014 (now remember BRP has been at every Spyderfest) BRP rolls in treating this event as the premier event it is. note: Spyderfest attracts more Spyder owners and potential owners than any other event, including Owner's Events.
    Yep BRP came in like Rock Stars. dominated Vendor Village inside and out. Did they profit? I don't know because I'm not privy to their profit/loss statements. BUT I'm here to tell you they were incredibly busy both inside and outside. 2-3 registers with lines checking people out. Say Ka-Ching..

I have been telling new Spyder owners how BRP rolls into Spyderfest...sounding alot like BRP has decided to go back to Cuba,Mo presence. Sounds to me like BRP is not . Excuse me BRP but Pitbull Powersports and Spyderfest in Springfield, MO have created a following as well as put SPYDERS on the map...literally internationally and you (whoever these folks are in marketing) make this decision...Totally beyond my comprehension..explain away I'd sure like to see how you explain IT..
    I took a demo on a 2014RTS-SE6 at Spyderfest, and on July 30th I bought a 2014RTS-SE6. Deanna

Gremlin Bell
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    Show chrome Trunk Shock

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spydaman60 View Post
    as a member of the spyderquest team i'd like to offer up a big thank you to brp for recognizing spyderquest as an up and coming event. an event that with their help will grow like spyderfest has over the years. we look forward to working with you on making spyderquest even "bigger and badder" than before!!
    chuck bergeron
    vp. spyderquest
    YES, and I am glad that BRP recognized Spyderquest. WOHOO! Deanna ( I have already booked @ GEL)

Gremlin Bell
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    Show chrome Trunk Shock

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeWheels View Post
    I'm very happy that BRP will be represented at more events this year.
    As someone not retired, it's impossible for me to take the time needed to go to MO or even NC.
    I can make it to Lake George.
    As I am also still in the work force, I cannot always get time off for Spyderfest, or other spyder events in the USA.

Spyderquest is in Lake George, New York and it is closer for me to attend,( I only have to take 3 days off, and my work schedule is different, then a Monday thru Friday normal work week like the rest of the people work) I would like to Say Thanks to BRP for choosing Spyderquest. Deannna

Gremlin Bell
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    Show chrome Trunk Shock