Spyder Garage

Default Finally saw one in person

Okay we took a ride (in the Mustang) to Rusty Palmers in Honesdale PA, and they had an F3 on the showroom floor. To me it looks exactly like it does in the pictures, which isn't bad, it's cool looking. I was expecting to be blown away with it, but I really wasn't. Sitting on it, it's definitely different that my RS because you sit down in it. To be honest it felt confining to me, I can sit up and move around on my RS like I'm riding an atv which I love. My wife liked the passenger seat on the F3 and the foot peg placement. I'll definitely take one for a test ride this spring to see how it compares to my RS. If it's faster and it does feel comfortable and better handling, I might be swayed. If not I'll stick with the trusty, quick, atv-like RS.
    2020 CAN-AM Spyder F3-S Special Series (sold)

2022 CAN-AM Ryker Rally 900

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 3 wheeler View Post
    Okay we took a ride (in the Mustang) to Rusty Palmers in Honesdale PA, and they had an F3 on the showroom floor. To me it looks exactly like it does in the pictures, which isn't bad, it's cool looking. I was expecting to be blown away with it, but I really wasn't. Sitting on it, it's definitely different that my RS because you sit down in it. To be honest it felt confining to me, I can sit up and move around on my RS like I'm riding an atv which I love. My wife liked the passenger seat on the F3 and the foot peg placement. I'll definitely take one for a test ride this spring to see how it compares to my RS. If it's faster and it does feel comfortable and better handling, I might be swayed. If not I'll stick with the trusty, quick, atv-like RS.

It is definitely faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasssssssssssssssttttttttttttttt teeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrr

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Default Good to hear..!!

looking forward to your test ryde to see if it can sway you off the RS..love my RS with the high reving V-Twin..
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Default I know what you mean . . .

. . . I rode my GS & ST-S exactly as you describe, and loved it to. It took me all of 10 seconds to enjoy the cruiser posture once I got it on the road. I still do a lot of 'standing' on the pegs in corners - which is a real kick. I thought it would be like a lounge chair - nope, you can ride it and put your whole body into it.

I still miss the quick dismounts, but I am even learning how to do that.

I would not go back now. Ever. Period.

Tom
    2008 GS SE5 -> 2013 STS SE5 -> 2015 F3-S SE6 . . . Still riding & smiling.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzr Joe View Post
    It is definitely faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasssssssssssssssttttttttttttttt teeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrr

Cruzr Joe
    I sure hope so, they might seal the deal!

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    looking forward to your test ryde to see if it can sway you off the RS..love my RS with the high reving V-Twin..
    I'll report back as soon as my local dealer has one that I can test ride, and when this cold and snow is gone! I love my high revving v-twin too, so this F3 is going to have to be really good to sway me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom in NM View Post
    . . . I rode my GS & ST-S exactly as you describe, and loved it to. It took me all of 10 seconds to enjoy the cruiser posture once I got it on the road. I still do a lot of 'standing' on the pegs in corners - which is a real kick. I thought it would be like a lounge chair - nope, you can ride it and put your whole body into it.

I still miss the quick dismounts, but I am even learning how to do that.

I would not go back now. Ever. Period.

Tom
    Yes I'm interested to see how the cruiser position feels on the road. I like the fact that I can adjust the foot peg and handlebar position if need be. That is good to hear that you are still able to stand on the pegs in the corners, that's what I like with my RS.
    I did notice it is harder to get on and off, but I'm sure I could adjust just like you are. Glad to hear you like yours so much, I hope I'll like it too.
    2020 CAN-AM Spyder F3-S Special Series (sold)

2022 CAN-AM Ryker Rally 900

Spyder Garage

Based on what most people are saying about the F3, the proof is in the test ride.

The new 1330 triple engine is the star and coupled with the lighter weight and quicker handling...vrrrrrrrrrrrrooooooooooooommmmmmm.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I am new to the forum! Hello but not new to Syders--been LOOKIng at them since I saw one in 2012. Now I've decided because I like speed and an engaged ride to go with the F3 S ideally the F3S Special Series limited in all black years 2017-2019. Unless I can add the side bags on the F3-S Special Series or unless you guys have some tips for what are the best years mechanically and rides--as I have never ridden one yet. It's a crazy thing... In Arizona, they think they can get away with Signing a purchase agreement BEFORE you ride. I never heard of this type of test ride. I have a motorcycle license and insurance... I will drive as far as I have to ride on without talking about the purchase because that is a tiring dragged-out process that I don't want to gloss over just to try out a few models... It's a lot of money to buy without driving.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tucson View Post
    I am new to the forum! Hello but not new to Syders--been LOOKIng at them since I saw one in 2012. Now I've decided because I like speed and an engaged ride to go with the F3 S ideally the F3S Special Series limited in all black years 2017-2019. Unless I can add the side bags on the F3-S Special Series or unless you guys have some tips for what are the best years mechanically and rides--as I have never ridden one yet. It's a crazy thing... In Arizona, they think they can get away with Signing a purchase agreement BEFORE you ride. I never heard of this type of test ride. I have a motorcycle license and insurance... I will drive as far as I have to ride on without talking about the purchase because that is a tiring dragged-out process that I don't want to gloss over just to try out a few models... It's a lot of money to buy without driving.
    Welcome to the forum! Personally, I would NEVER buy a vehicle of any kind without a test ride before I begin negotiating, especially one as expensive as a Spyder. If the dealer's policy is, "No test ride", my policy is, "walk away".
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

Here, the OP goes back to 2015.

Sign a purchase agreement in order to go on a test ride. Run, run, run from that dealer Tucson.

The F3 is a good machine. I test sat them at first and did NOT like them. I bought two anyway and now they are my favorite Spyder version. Low to the ground, mean, and fast. Vrooooooooooooommmmmmm.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tucson View Post
    Go to Sierra Cycles in Sierra Vista.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member CloverHillCrawler's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

You can take a look in my garage to see the different angle shots of the ultimate floorboards for the F3, I really love them.

If you are getting the STD SE6 make sure you upgrade your shocks if you are planning on riding 2up. The wife and I bottomed out with the standard shocks but I have some wilber's bluelines ordered that should be here in a couple of weeks to take care of that for me.

2020 F3 SE6

Safety and Lighting: LED Headlight upgrade, IPS LED Fog lights, Show Chrome LED Fender Signals, LED Signature Light, Tric LED Afterburnerz, MotoHorn 2.0

Suspension: Wilbers Front and Rear Shocks, BajaRon Sway Bar, Vredestein Quatrac Front and Rear Tires

Comfort: Blue Ridge Windshield, Corbin Dual Touring Saddle, Ultimate Floorboards, OEM Passenger Backrest with Rear Shelf, OEM Passenger Floorboards Modified with High Risers from Pierre

Tackform Center Mount Phone Holder w/ rapid charging USB-C.
    2020 F3 , Black

Spyder Garage

Default "Sierra Cycles"???

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    Go to Sierra Cycles in Sierra Vista.
    They are one of the no-test ride shops without a purchase agreement! Well if you had a motorcycle license we could let you ride a used one. And--I said I have a motorcycle license! The only used one we had in F3S Special Series is sold. We can't let you ride a new one without a PA AND because of the Mirror recall, no one will sell you a new one either!

Spyder Garage

Take a test drive first.

Oh by the way

Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Deanna777 View Post
    Take a test drive first.
    That's what he's trying to do.

HER ride:
    2017 RT-S SE6 Pearl White

My rides:
    2000 Honda GL1500SE
    1980 Suzuki GS850G

Spyder Garage

My old dealer. Used to live 20 minutes away. Tell Ron, Katrina, I said hi. Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Steve W. View Post
    That's what he's trying to do.

OK!

Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD