Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Serial Posters

Spyder Garage

After reading "The Autobiography Of A Yogi" I have a new philosophy .
    Not my circus. Not my monkeys .

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=BajaRon;942843]There are those who post. And then there are those who count posts. If you're comfortable with the amount of posting that you do (whether it be high or low) then why worry?

There are plenty of really important things to worry about, and I figure there are plenty of people out there already worrying enough to cover all of us. So, I don't see the need to lift that load myself.
    Ron, lots more important things in life! As long as you are enjoying the ride.
    J
    2012 RT , stock Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Guess I'm getting old and sensitive. Love the tech and friendly banter but would sure like for the snarky comments to disappear. I got a little irritated yesterday when someone called me out for posting on the wrong thread when he was wrong and not me. Like I said, I'm sensative. Lol....

Dennis
    2013 ST Limited

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

If everybody would just try to treat everyone else in the manner that they'd want their own Grandmother treated...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

You might be a serial poster if all you post is "". Under each post there is a "Thank you" and " I like" Where if so inclined you "can agree".

Have run an industry web site myself for 16 years, I've seen it all. This Forum is very valuable, and the people here are the reason. There are many sections that I never look at, as I have no interest or the bike that would not benefit. Apparently I have missed the snarky comments or have just learned to ignore them.

I think that if you have the time and energy to get upset enough about anything here that you want to kick some butt, you need to get a life. I haven't looked but there is probably a "block user" or "ignore a user" button somewhere, so use it if someone pizzes you off.

One of the hardest decisions you'll ever face in life is choosing whether to walk away or try harder.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    If everybody would just try to treat everyone else in the manner that they'd want their own Grandmother treated...

, apparently you did not know my Grandma.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Is she the one that you wouldn't bet against, in a fair fight?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

My grandmothers are dead.

So you all going to throw me in a hole and cover me w/ dirt?

I think that has been done. lol

Spyder Garage

I had to look and see how many times I've posted over the past 6 years.

Chris

Spyder Garage

Cereal poster:

If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeWheels View Post
    Cereal poster:

That's GREAT. (from one cereal poster to another)

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pitzerwm View Post
    You might be a serial poster if all you post is "". Under each post there is a "Thank you" and " I like" Where if so inclined you "can agree".

Have run an industry web site myself for 16 years, I've seen it all. This Forum is very valuable, and the people here are the reason. There are many sections that I never look at, as I have no interest or the bike that would not benefit. Apparently I have missed the snarky comments or have just learned to ignore them.

I think that if you have the time and energy to get upset enough about anything here that you want to kick some butt, you need to get a life. I haven't looked but there is probably a "block user" or "ignore a user" button somewhere, so use it if someone pizzes you off.

Spyder Garage

OK I will chime in.....

I normally do not get into banter. I am a technical person and like to talk about things that help people or, help me when I need it.

So the banter posts about rides, dolls, dogs, etc do not interest me. BUT I ALSO DO NOT POST IN THOSE THREADS! I leave them alone. I could care less what my post count is! In fact the forums I run have NO "ranking or post count" ratings. It keeps the field level and thwarts those that think more posts mean something!

Now, I have made a few comments about "post whores" recently and yes I think there are a few. Seems they have to post something in EVERY FREAKIN NEW THREAD HERE regardless if they add any value to the post! In fact almost to take the post off subject as to SAY "I am in the CLICK here so I can do this and lets have fun".....
    I personally hate that. It detracts from the originals posters question and often times causes banter that pollutes the post so bad, anyone later looking for good technical information gives up! Seriously.... When I came here looking for info as a newbee, 30% of the posts in a tech thread had banter amongst the "Click", that I spent far too much time weeding through that crap than needed....

Then there are the guys and gals that do post a lot but give great info, their opinions and experience, and honestly try to help. They also stay out of posts that "don't apply".... I have noticed that about these people and will say, POST AWAY!

I will say to the OP of this post akspyderman, your one of those people! You post when you know, post when you can help, and post in banter when it works. Your a "contributor here" in my opinion.

Well that's my opinion on this subject.... And yes I have an opinion because sometimes it ticked me off when my post got overrun by banter with the "click".....

Bob
    Last edited by finless; 03-05-2015 at 08:54 PM.
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Spyder Garage

By the way just to add. I don't even post anymore in the "social" posts here because I got tired of being beat up by the social Nazi click here and the "you don't know me" thing.

So social opinions.... well I don't even read that anymore as I know the "click" will kick my ass if I voice my opinion....

Apparently the social club rules for becoming respected here are some VooDoo I do not understand. And to be honest, not sure I want to.

Bob
    Last edited by finless; 03-05-2015 at 07:36 PM.
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by finless View Post
    By the way just to add. I don't even post anymore in the "social" posts here because I got tired of being beat up by the social Nazi click here and the "you don't know me" thing.

So social opinions.... well I don't even read that anymore as I know the "click" will kick my ass if I voice my opinion....

Apparently the social club rules for becoming respected here are some VooDoo I do not understand. And to be honest, not sure I want to.

Bob
    I respect you, Bob. And I'll still respect you in the morning!!
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieSpyder View Post
    I respect you, Bob. And I'll still respect you in the morning!!

OK you made me laugh

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black

Spyder Garage

OK I will chime in.....

I normally do not get into banter. I am a technical person and like to talk about things that help people or, help me when I need it.

So the banter posts about rides, dolls, dogs, etc do not interest me. BUT I ALSO DO NOT POST IN THOSE THREADS! I leave them alone. I could care less what my post count is! In fact the forums I run have NO "ranking or post count" ratings. It keeps the field level and thwarts those that think more posts mean something!

Now, I have made a few comments about "post whores" recently and yes I think there are a few. Seems they have to post something in EVERY FREAKIN NEW THREAD HERE regardless if they add any value to the post! In fact almost to take the post off subject as to SAY "I am in the CLICK here so I can do this and lets have fun".....
    I personally hate that. It detracts from the originals posters question and often times causes banter that pollutes the post so bad, anyone later looking for good technical information gives up! Seriously.... When I came here looking for info as a newbee, 30% of the posts in a tech thread had banter amongst the "Click", that I spent far too much time weeding through that crap than needed....

Then there are the guys and gals that do post a lot but give great info, their opinions and experience, and honestly try to help. They also stay out of posts that "don't apply".... I have noticed that about these people and will say, POST AWAY!

I will say to the OP of this post akspyderman, your one of those people! You post when you know, post when you can help, and post in banter when it works. Your a "contributor here" in my opinion.

Well that's my opinion on this subject.... And yes I have an opinion because sometimes it ticked me off when my post got overrun by banter with the "click".....

Bob
    Well you DO post the best "how to videos" on this forum even though you were caught wearing flip flops in one. <smiles>

​Chris

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Big F View Post
    Jack & water is much more relaxing!!! there is a lot better stuff on this site than all of the negative stuff in our local papers and TV. but that's journalism.
    BIG F
    I had to take a course in college to meet the GE requirements. It was called Health Science 101, I think. Anyway, the professor said that if I drink vodka and I've, I would get my girlfriend pregnant and ruin my life. If I drank whiskey and ice, I would get arrested for an accident while drunk driving and ruin my life. If I drank brandy and ice, I would fall off the bridge on campus and ruin my life. Immediately I gave up ice.
    Dan

2012 Viper Red Rt
    upgrades:
    Baja Ron's Anti-Sway
    Diamond-R Arm Rests
    Gloriders
    High mount brake light
    chrome front fender garnish
    Bad Boy Horn
    Chrome Deflector Rack
    Chrome Scuff Nose Accent
    Handlebar Grip Fringe
    Gremlin Bells

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MouthPiece View Post
    Well you DO post the best "how to videos" on this forum even though you were caught wearing flip flops in one. <smiles>

​Chris
    I saw those toes!
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Spyder Garage

Common people. Who cares how many times a person post!!!!
    I come to the site to read them . if i'm interested. Don't care if the person has 1 or 50000. Holy crap running out of zeros.

Winter has been to long

Spyder Garage

Yeah, who cares if someone has 4625 posts.

lol

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MouthPiece View Post

​Chris
    I am NOT the only guy that wears flip flops and shorts while working on my Spyder!

Have a look!

So..... Now what?

By the way, I love how this guy dresses! Same as me.... Same shorts I have!
    Cracks me up!

Maybe that is why I like Auzzie's

Bob
    Last edited by finless; 03-05-2015 at 10:04 PM.
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SNOOPY View Post
    Yeah, who cares if someone has 4625 posts.

lol
    Ummmm....... never mind......
    The "click" in my mouse finger started to happen again so I figure.... well.....

Bob
    Last edited by finless; 03-05-2015 at 10:14 PM.
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Flip- Flops

Well you DO post the best "how to videos" on this forum even though you were caught wearing flip flops in one.

Do you ride wearing flip-flops too? I've seen guys riding in sandals and wool socks, really!

Spyder Garage

Ummmm....... never mind......
    The "click" in my mouse finger started to happen again so I figure.... well.....

Bob

Lol, just trying to keep things lite and balanced.