Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Serial Posters

Spyder Garage

Default Serial Posters

I was reading a Hijack portion in another thread yesterday. The subject of "serial posters" came up in what I thought was a bit of an attack mode. The subject has also been addressed by a couple others, also in attack mode.

Since I have a few posts, I felt as though I was included in the attack. Have been on the site now for 5 years and 6 months or so. The daily stats show that I average 10.49 posts per day. I must have left out some punctuation here and there to not have a full 11 to my credit. With 50 to 75 active threads usually running at one time, I am not sure if I am a serial poster. No official rules have been posted that I know of. I do think that I would like to be considered as one though.

IMO: those who are regular posters do have a place on the site. IMO--of course.

What are some of the good things the regulars do for the site?

: They welcome the newcomers that were brave enough to make that first post announcing their presence on the site.
    : They congratulate the person who has announced their new ride and welcome them to the fold.
    : Congratulations are given when a new farkle, baby, marriage, or other good thing is announced.
    : When someone is down, they are sometimes given words of cheer or encouragement.
    : When someone is ill or a death is announced, words of encouragement, tears, 's and condolences are offered.
    : When good stuff happens with the brand, cheerleaders are welcome.
    : When bad stuff happens with the brand, we also let them know.
    : Technical questions get answered. There are many knowledgeable people that have a wealth of experience on board.
    : There is an "off topic" thread which allows for non- banter to take place. I have received many chuckles, as well as picking up bits of new information from these sessions.
    : Occasionally, a troll gets shown the door.
    : Many who are "regulars" usually share in some daily banter, all in good fun, and amongst friends.
    : Sometimes a hijack is intentional, just to cool down a particular subject, or trying to put a different perspective on a hot button subject.

So, what am I trying to say? I do not think people should be criticized for being active on the site. I have been on a couple other sites where there were less than 10 posts a day. Not very interesting for me anyway.

We are fortunate to have the best site in the world for all things .

Kelloggs Corn Flakes
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 08-28-2015 at 02:46 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

i really don't see why people would worry about how many posts someone would have. most people are friends with others on the site and sometimes like to banter around, so big deal. and if people have something to say about a problem that was asked or trying to change a subject when a post is going south, BIG DEAL, all comments are welcome
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Spyder Garage

Some people feel the need of share their thoughts, others feel the need to attack others for sharing what they think. The rest of us make popcorn and watch the show.

Spyder Garage

There are those who post. And then there are those who count posts. If you're comfortable with the amount of posting that you do (whether it be high or low) then why worry?

There are plenty of really important things to worry about, and I figure there are plenty of people out there already worrying enough to cover all of us. So, I don't see the need to lift that load myself.

Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

with you Dwayne.

I didn't see the post(s) you are talking about, but, with my measly 3K+ posts, I may be a serial'r, too!

I never try to hijack a thread, but threads do go off on tangents a lot. But that happens with any group conversation. Someone usually brings it back onto topic eventually. If not, then I presume the topic is played out.
    Last edited by PrairieSpyder; 03-05-2015 at 12:44 PM.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

Good topic and I don't worry about how many posts i make, i just try to enjoy myself on here and learn something, or help someone else.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

People, people..........
    Step away from the keyboard, take a deep breath and drink several beers.
    For those of you whose post count is higher than your mileage, I say.....it's not my choice to live so much in a fantasy cyber world, but you are more than welcome to post as much or as little as you wish.
    For those of you who are upset with people that have high post counts I can only say "Get a life". You are actually upset that someone posts too much? If you're so upset, put that person on your ignore list and you don't even see their posts.

Uh oh. I'm getting annoyed at the posters who are annoyed at the serial posters. I think I need to step away from the keyboard and have some beer. Make that a boilermaker. No....now that I think about it I should get one of those fruity rum drinks with the umbrellas. Maybe I should start a thread with a poll in it so I could get the forum's opinion on what drink I should have?

Thank you Dr. Yes' I'm feeling much better now.
    ~Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer do~
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

I would say that people who criticize "serial posters" need to get a life. Have you read a newspaper lately? Bad stuff going on in the world today and you worry about people posting too much?????? Good grief people.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeWheels View Post
    People, people..........
    For those of you whose post count is higher than your mileage, I say.....it's not my choice to live so much in a fantasy cyber world, but you are more than welcome to post as much or as little as you wish.
    For those of you who are upset with people that have high post counts I can only say "Get a life". You are actually upset that someone posts too much? If you're so upset, put that person on your ignore list and you don't even see their posts.

Uh oh. I'm getting annoyed at the posters who are annoyed at the serial posters. I think I need to step away from the keyboard and have some beer. Make that a boilermaker. No....now that I think about it I should get one of those fruity rum drinks with the umbrellas. Maybe I should start a thread with a poll in it so I could get the forum's opinion on what drink I should have?

Hijack on:

Be careful with the little umbrella drinks, for some reason or other they always poke me in the eye.

Cruzr Joe

Hijack off:
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

I'm new to this site and thanks to most of the posts I have learned a lot about Spyders. I say post away and if I don't like it I will ignore it and not take it personally. We will never please everyone.

I thank all you you for your post and keep them coming.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Not again

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzr Joe View Post
    Hijack on:

Be careful with the little umbrella drinks, for some reason or other they always poke me in the eye.

Cruzr Joe

Hijack off:
    I will have one also. Ever had the straw or umbrella go up your nose when having a drink like that?

It usually happens with Mai Tais--at the point where you don't know whose tie it is.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default Great thread...

I sure Iam one of those that annoy folks. But here's the thing, my day starts three hours later than most. By then the site is active and I find good threds I feel I can contribute to. So while having my one cup of coffee I post away. Now anyone coming along at that time or shortly after see my handle all over the place and assume I'm one of those and I can't blame them. Not that it matters I don't believe there is any prize at the end of this rainbow. I don't post to threads I can't relate to or know nothing about or even don't like. I do however find it sad to see a thread fall of the leaderboard without a comment. Seems that person was brave enough to post a thread and would hope for a comment. I will post to them even if only encouragement, suggestions, helpful hints or smoething to keep them coming back with confidence...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

The serial posters keep this forum alive. Without them it would be a dead forum. Thank you serial posters!!!!

By the way, I prefer Raisin Bran.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I was planning on staying out of this one...
    But Gene; you drew me out!

When I joined four and a half years ago; it was a dry and "technical" landscape...
    Folks seemed afraid to invest anything of themselves in the place, and the conversations seemed largely limited to DPS recall information, gas fumes, squealing rear brakes, and Spyder fires...

I came here from an ATV forum that felt like an ongoing un-refereed cocktail party... ...So it was quite a change...
    Fortunately; the place has "loosened it's tie", over the years, and folks actually talk a bit about themselves, as well as their bikes...
    In a place as large and busy as this; I also like to try and make sure that folks know that they're being heard. I'll try to help with the more basic technical stuff; but I feel best at trying to offer encouragement and a hearty welcome to anyone who shows up at the door...
    So that's why I'm so noisy!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default Technical landscape

Is exactly what is lacking. Longtimers have moved on, or don't post much anymore. Technical content has dropped WAY OFF in the last two years. This technical content is especially important to the folks whose dealer might be hundreds of miles away. Maybe it helps them solve a problem or two on their own. Anymore, this place is a 25 member social club. Hopefully when the weather breaks, and Lamont's life slows down a little, things will improve.
    it was fun while it lasted.

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Hijack!
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by coz View Post
    Is exactly what is lacking. Longtimers have moved on, or don't post much anymore. Technical content has dropped WAY OFF in the last two years. This technical content is especially important to the folks whose dealer might be hundreds of miles away. Maybe it helps them solve a problem or two on their own. Anymore, this place is a 25 member social club. Hopefully when the weather breaks, and Lamont's life slows down a little, things will improve.
    Hi Coz,
    I agree with you... And that's why exchanging information is so important...

...To pass it on to the next crew of folks who'll need it!
    If I use humor to lighten the mood a bit; it doesn't detract at all from the technical information that is gleaned from a thread.

But you might just have to paw through some of my Bull to get to it; that's all!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by coz View Post
    I note that technical questions, when they arise, are usually answered quite quickly. There are still quite a few members that offer excellent advice and expert knowledge on the mechanical aspects of ..

IMO--if all we talked about were spark plugs, oil viscosities, engine tolerances, and such, more people would be driven off.

Most of the longtimers you have referred to above were driven off by hostile troublemakers, and has nothing to do with people being friendly with one another discussing the .

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Most of the longtimers you have referred to above were driven off by hostile troublemakers, and has nothing to do with people being friendly with one another discussing the

Yep

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972
    Member: Royal Order of Rat Bastards

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeWheels View Post
    People, people..........

Jack & water is much more relaxing!!! there is a lot better stuff on this site than all of the negative stuff in our local papers and TV. but that's journalism.
    BIG F

Spyder Garage

Default What a wonderful forum

Thanks AK for starting this thread! As I am rather new and didn't have the opportunity to know many of the contributors of the past, I may have missed out on a lot of technical expertise that no longer posts here. But, what I have experienced in the few short months I have joined this forum cannot be replaced. If I were a new Spyder owner and didn't know of or use this forum, I would truly feel isolated and not know any of the things expressed here, that helps the new owner. There is just too much good from this forum that can't be explained. I am thankful to all the posters, especially the 'serial' ones. They are the ones that have made me feel welcome and comfortable. Thanks guys, and you know who you are!!! I would feel a loss if Spyderlovers were not around, and in it's current form. Nothing, or no one is perfect, but dang, this forum is close enough for me!!

2014 RT-S Pearl White - 'Miss Pearl'

Spyder Garage

FOSTERS, the first name in beer!!!!!!!! my rant is over
    Grandpa Pete
    Peter & Kim Pontinen
    2020 RTL Dark Marsala

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

In 750 ml cans!

Spyder Garage

Every forum goes through these same issues.

Every vehicle forum has the same tug-of-war....techies on one side, and people cracking jokes on the other.

I don't see any problem w/ having both.

I'll take the Raisin Bran also.