Spyder Garage

Default Ultimate Seat experience and some questions...

I'm close to pulling the trigger on a Tall Boy seat from Ultimate for my RT Ltd... except I want a seat color other than black and that creates a problem, I can't return it if I don't like it. So here are my questions. Has anyone purchased a black seat, not liked it, and returned it to Ultimate? If so what didn't you like? If you have an Ultimate seat and like it let me know what you like and is it worth $1,000+ to you. Also, if you bought a seat, didn't like it and couldn't return it what did you do with the seat? Thanks!
    2021 Sea to Sky, 2013 RT Ltd, 2005 Bombardier Outlander ATV

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Why not give them a call, and see if they can send you some swatches to compare?
    For a purchase of this magnitude; take your time, and get it right the first time!
    Happy Shopping!!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Why not give them a call, and see if they can send you some swatches to compare?
    For a purchase of this magnitude; take your time, and get it right the first time!
    Happy Shopping!!
    Thanks Bob, did that, and have picked a color other than black, therein lies the problem

Very Active Member OverHillAndDale's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Tons of seat information on this site, but you're correct, once you pull the trigger on a custom seat you're gonna live with it.

I bought a black tallboy (with the gas cap which I LOVE) simply because I could return it, but I knew immediately it was a keeper. It doesn't have that obnoxious ridge that cut into my back like the stock seat, it is less squishy, and the best testimony I can give is that when I'm riding I just don't think about the seat. Don't know if it's better than a Corbin or RDL, but the fact that I could purchase and return is the reason I went with Ultimate. I doubt you'll be disappointed. You'll want the seat cover for rain.

Of course the only way to know is to try it, and getting to try someone else's would be ideal. You really can't tell if a seat is going to work in less than 200 or 300 miles. If you don't know anyone with an Ultimate, give them a call and see what they can do. They're great people to work with.

Ursamajor (on this site) bought a used custom Ultimate, and then decided he wanted the backrest and wanted it to match. When he ordered it he was told that since the original owner had already paid for custom colors, they wouldn't charge him for the custom colors on his backrest.

Spyder Garage

Default Love my Ultimate seat on a 2014 RT-S

Have put about 14K miles on my Ultimate tall-boy seat and love it. I've had Corbin in the past on my HDs and when I sat on their Can-Am seats, it was a little too firm for me (although I do have Corbin armrests. Also tried the Can-Am Comfort seat and didn't like it. No experience with RDL. Hope this helps!

PS - and if I didn't like it, I'd sell it here on SL - the couple of things I've posted on the FS/WTB board have sold within weeks for the price I wanted.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Default ultimate seat

40K + very comfortable miles on my ultimate seat. Only problem gas door chrome pimpled, replaced by ultimate no questions or cost. Highly reccomend

Spyder Garage

Are you planning on going to Spyderfest?

If you are, buy the black tall boy now and have it delivered so you get it one or two days before Spyderfest. Use it and by the time you get back from Springfield you'll know if you like it. If you do, return it and buy the one you want. You'll only be out shipping charges. If you're pulling a trailer, take the stock seat with you, so you can leave the Ultimate there, and you'll save even more.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Not all seats are for everyone.
    If you can sit on the seats that would help your choice.

That is a lot of money for a seat. But when you find the right one it does make a world of difference.

I ended up with the heated Comfort seat

Very Active Member cognaccruiser's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I felt it was worth the cost. Perhaps naïve on my part but never expected to be unhappy with it and I'm not.

Gary
    States visited by Bike

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Love it

I love my Ultmate seat and I can't return it either because I bought it on SL.com. Two days after we bought the seat we went on a 2000 mile journey over 8 days and it was very comfortable. Now ,though I hate to admit it, I let the wife drive quite a bit and I can tell you from the passenger seat this seat is way more comfortable than the stock seat. I used to have a sore hip from the stock seat even on short rydes, not any more. From the drivers seat I find that the back rest provides great support and the seat has just the right amount of firmness. All in all a great seat, and if you don't like it sell it here
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

I like mine and modified a Utopia back rest to fit it, I did not care for the Ultimate too high and narrow for my sweet spot. The only issue I had was the strut since I do not have the gas door (did not want one anyway). The stock strut just is too weak with an ultimate + back rest to fuel with. I replaced it with a Strongarm 4423 and it works great now. To me the Utopia is a superior back rest. I bought it here in the want ads on SL for $600 w/ backrest

Ultimate BR

Last edited by Magdave; 03-04-2015 at 03:25 PM.
    2013 Mag Silver SE5 RT BahaRon Sway bar & Sway bar links, Grip Puppies, Kuryakyn Helmet locks , Ultimate Seat w/Utopia Backrest, Dash power outlet, Spyderpops BumpSkid, Swagman Cup holders, Full size Brake Pedal, Seal DLX Floorboards, Freeway Blaster horns, Sylvania Super Bright fender LEDs, Scotchlite 680 Rear & Fender Reflectors, BRP Fog Light Kit, LED Mirror turn signal strips, 2014 RT grille mod. Outlaw Laser Alignment

Registered Users ursamajor35126's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

After trying Over hill and Dale's Seat I found a fellow SL who wanted to sell his Ultimate Seat here on SL.... bought it sight unseen and LOVE it..... It is not the tall boy but I have short legs so didn't need it anyway. I purchased a backrest from Ultimate to match my "pewter and black". Many miles later I am very happy with my choices. Hope you are also.
    2014 RT Ltd Black Currant, Bump Skid, TricLed 3rd, 4th and 5th Brake Light with Modulator, TricLed Safety Bundle Led's and Reflectors with flasher option, TricLed Vader lights, JT's dash mount and USB outlet. Baker Wings belt tensioner and Drivers cup holder. Lamonster's FFP highway pegs and IPS, BRP Trailer hitch with Bushtec pin and 2007 Bushtec Roadster GT trailer. Volt Meter. Baja Ron Sway Bar. Doc Humphry's spring spacers

Mike

Spyder Garage

I've gone through two Ultimate seats on my 2013 RT-Ltd. (the first one was eaten by a raccoon who was cold). I learned that the stock seat was too uncomfortable after I when to the owner's event at Maggie Valley in 2013. I really like my Ultimate Tall boy with the black gas cap. Provided the raccoons don't eat this one I plan enjoying it for a long time.

Tony
    <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <><
    2017 Red F3T

Mods
    Lamonster RIP Floorboards
    Lamonster H4 LED headlights
    Lamonster LED Fog Lights
    Lamonster LED White and Amber Fog Ring
    Lamonster Show Chrome Fender kit
    Lamonster Drink holder
    Lamonster Dual Power Plate with large X-Grip
    Lamonster F3 Driver Back Rest
    Lamonster Lid Lock
    Baker Air Wings Luggage Rack

Spyder Garage

I have no complaints what so ever with my Ultimate Seat, worth every cent I paid for it!
    2014 RT-Ltd , Cognac

Spyder Garage

Default Love mine

I bought my Ultimate Tall Boy and love it, but I'm trying to sell my 2013 RT White limited and the new bike will be silver so I'm selling my black and white Ultimate and plan on buying a black and silver since it will match my bike better. Let me know if your interested in buying it I had it on for 3 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Indyron View Post
    I'm close to pulling the trigger on a Tall Boy seat from Ultimate for my RT Ltd... except I want a seat color other than black and that creates a problem, I can't return it if I don't like it. So here are my questions. Has anyone purchased a black seat, not liked it, and returned it to Ultimate? If so what didn't you like? If you have an Ultimate seat and like it let me know what you like and is it worth $1,000+ to you. Also, if you bought a seat, didn't like it and couldn't return it what did you do with the seat? Thanks!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Shana View Post
    I bought my Ultimate Tall Boy and love it, but I'm trying to sell my 2013 RT White limited and the new bike will be silver so I'm selling my black and white Ultimate and plan on buying a black and silver since it will match my bike better. Let me know if your interested in buying it I had it on for 3 months.
    PM me with pics and price

Spyder Garage

I don't like my ultimate tall boy.

I love it! The wife really likes the matching arm rest as well.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Contact Ultimate Seat..They had over stock on those seats with free inlay at no charge..

May as well buy new

Spyder Garage

Corbin seats always feel stiff until they break-in to your butt! Mine always took a couple of weeks of regular riding before they shaped themselves to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddha View Post
    Have put about 14K miles on my Ultimate tall-boy seat and love it. I've had Corbin in the past on my HDs and when I sat on their Can-Am seats, it was a little too firm for me (although I do have Corbin armrests. Also tried the Can-Am Comfort seat and didn't like it. No experience with RDL. Hope this helps!

PS - and if I didn't like it, I'd sell it here on SL - the couple of things I've posted on the FS/WTB board have sold within weeks for the price I wanted.
    3:16

Spyder Garage

Default Well...

Quote Originally Posted by Indyron View Post

what did you end up doing?
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

Don't get too crazy. If you ever sell it you might have a hard time getting rid of it at the price you want. Almost everyone likes black.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Copperman View Post
    what did you end up doing?
    Ordered the seat 3 weeks ago, still waiting. Seems they have vinyl problems.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

What color did you get I see they have some on close out that will match your spyder and seem to have in stock

Spyder Garage

Good idea but they wouldn't let me switch, go figure.