Spyder Garage

Default Pricing question

I've been looking for awhile at getting a 2015 Spyder. I'm new to this and have never purchased a motorcycle or rec vehicle. I've been to several dealerships and have left each one very frustrated. I'm used to knowing everything about a car when I go purchase one. MSRP, Invoice, Rebates, Incentives, and such. However with the Spyder, I cannot for the life of me find anything other than MSRP (and the current rebate posted at BRP). In addition, NONE of the dealers will even discuss price if it isn't MSRP.

Do people just blindly pay full MSRP + fees for Spyders? Is this normal?

BTW, I'm looking at getting a F3-S with Electric shift.
    Thanks
    Ron
    2015 F3-S , Can-Am Red (Orange)

Spyder Garage

Default Not quite like a car . . .

. . . . but similar dealership model.

Consider that the F3 is a new model, deliveries only in the last month. Some trim levels/packages are not yet available. It is popular. It is the beginning of riding season for a lot of people. Big market + constrained supply = MSRP. There is no Blue Book ( beyond MSRP).

The variable now is mostly in what the dealer will do in the Fees & Incentives.

Later, when current buyers become sellers, inventory grows, and the season ends, you can probably start finding deals. You may also have to travel a bit to a "volume" dealer for the best deal.

For example, a local rider here is selling his new F3 at about $2k discount. Right now, that is the kind of deal you have to be looking for.

Tom
    2008 GS SE5 -> 2013 STS SE5 -> 2015 F3-S SE6 . . . Still riding & smiling.

SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Capt_Ron View Post
    I've been looking for awhile at getting a 2015 Spyder. I'm new to this and have never purchased a motorcycle or rec vehicle. I've been to several dealerships and have left each one very frustrated. I'm used to knowing everything about a car when I go purchase one. MSRP, Invoice, Rebates, Incentives, and such. However with the Spyder, I cannot for the life of me find anything other than MSRP (and the current rebate posted at BRP). In addition, NONE of the dealers will even discuss price if it isn't MSRP.

Thanks
    Ron

Sorry to hear your frustration. I like to believe that all of us BRP dealers are trained with great customer service in mind.

Shoot me an email or a call, We have sold a few F3's to forum members and they all have been very happy. We do free shipping right to your door as well

Haider@imotorsportsinc.com
    630-529-5200
    BRP parts discount to all Spyderlovers members!

Free delivery for new Spyders to the lower 48!
    http://www.imotorsportsinc.com
    sales@imotorsportsinc.com

Spyder Garage

I agree with Tom - If you want a deal, the best time to buy is in Sept/Oct, on a year end model.
    2014 RT SE6 Rider
    X - Honda Rider
    X - RT S driver
    X - RS driver
    Lifetime VFW Member

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default WHAT YOU PAY

Do people just blindly pay full MSRP + fees for Spyders? Is this normal?.....I think the majority here do or have and will defend their reasons for doing so......I didn't, but I'm considered to be an ODD-BALL here. Tom in post # 2 is correct in that at the beginning of any model year there are few if any bargains because Dealers are smart enough to know what consumer Demand is going to be. It's really no different for Cars and Trucks but maybe to a lesser degree.........I bought mine ( 2014 RT ) at the end of April $ 3160.00 below list ,no shipping ,no set-up charges. So if you HAVE to have it NOW , you will be paying for the privilege. It's Economics 101 .....................Good Luck ..........Mike

Thanks
    Ron
    .......................ANSWER IN BLUE ABOVE

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I wouldn't expect much of a discount on a new model at this time, just before riding season has even really begun.
    It is a good time to buy a leftover or something used though...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

and Happy Hunting!!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DrewNJ View Post
    I wouldn't expect much of a discount on a new model at this time, just before riding season has even really begun.
    It is a good time to buy a leftover or something used though...

Very Active Member Orange Spyder Man's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

There are several internet dealers that discount prices... I may suggest to shop around & do your homework ... DO NOT GET IN A HURRY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... some dealers can read your face.. if you are "hooked" they will cash in... and guess who it will cost ??

osm

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'd also recommend taking into consideration how often you plan on using the dealer for any work. Cheaper isnt always better....Most dealers have more of an interest in taking good care of you for warranty work and/or service if you purchased the bike from them to begin with. Nothing worse than having a bike that needs repairs sitting at a dealer during riding season.

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

The key thing is to be patient. There will always be good deals around, but you may have to wait for it. I purchased my 2014 RT in September. I am the kind of guy that normally would buy used, and let someone else take the depreciation. But considering I purchased at over $5k below msrp, I could not beat that deal. I could not even find a used spyder for what I purchased my new one for. Also, for the right deal, don't be afraid to travel if you have to.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You've gotten lots of advice already, and it's all good. Maybe you can talk to Len at Pitbull and pick one up at Spyderfest! New Spyder and and party, to boot!
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

Thanks
    Ron
    Hi Capt Ron,
    Your decision to join the ranks of Spyder owners should be fun from beginning to end -not frustrating. It sounds like you've got some choices right here on Spyder Lovers; Brewer Cycles is dedicated to making sure you get the best price, the best service and the best experience - ask some of your fellow SpyderLovers.com friends - and imotorsportsinc seems to feel that way, too!

If there is anything we can help you with, please don't hesitate to give us a call 1-252-492-8553 or 1-800-948-3480 or anytime via www.brewercycles.com or even through our Facebook

Wherever you choose to go, we wish you the very best experience....and happy riding!!!

Spyder Garage

My dealer started at a $1000 under MSRP and gave me what I wanted on trade in for my 2012, also transferred my trailer hitch over for nothing. But a little far for you. Oh I bought a 2015 limited.
    mtbear

Spyder Garage

Default Pricing

I purchased my 2013 ST-L in January of '13. This was a new model in the beginning of riding season and Brewer Cycles worked very well with me. Give them a call and ask for Victor. Happy hunting and I'm confident one of the dealers on this site will assist you. Good Luck!

The Wanderer

Spyder Garage

Hope you find what you consider a good deal and join the ranks soon.

Interesting to see a couple dealers jumping on board. Worth checking out for sure.

Wrong time of the year to be getting a "killer" deal on the new F3, but then, you would have to wait to near the end of the season to ride "latest and greatest."

Let us know what you find.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default Thank you

I really appreciate everyone's advice. This seems to be a very active and good community.
    I'd like to get into one soon. No rush though and I'm willing to travel (Bought my 2008 350Z Nismo in Houston TX and drove it back to south Florida just to save $2000)

I see a couple dealers replied. I'll give you guys a call. A semi-local dealer in central florida gave me a price (about $500 below MSRP) but all his accessories were overpriced. I'd like to add the touring package. My wife and daughter won't go on it unless it has the backrest and I would like a windshield (lots of bugs in florida)

Again,
    Thank you all.
    Ron

Spyder Garage

Thanks
    Ron

I would have to agree that buying at the end of the year you will probably get a great deal. I bought my 2014 ST Limited in mid December 2014 and I got it about $4,500 below MRSP and the dealer threw in fog lights and unlimited tire and wheel replacement (my choice of tires and with no limits ) for the next five years. They were a smaller dealership and didn't have the room with the 2015s coming.

Spyder Garage

Default low

Cap't.....
    start REALLY REALLY LOW, if they say "no", jump up $200-$500.... if they say "no" again, come up another $200-$500.... keep doing that until their answer is "yes".... unless their "yes" is your "
    no"....
    JMHO.....
    Dan P
    Easley, SC
    SPYD3R

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Y Factor View Post
    I would have to agree that buying at the end of the year you will probably get a great deal. I bought my 2014 ST Limited in mid December 2014 and I got it about $4,500 below MRSP and the dealer threw in fog lights and unlimited tire and wheel replacement (my choice of tires and with no limits ) for the next five years. They were a smaller dealership and didn't have the room with the 2015s coming.
    The way you can spin the back tire on the F3 I sure wish I had a dealer give me unlimited tire replacement for 5 years then again it wouldn't be fair to them as they would be out of business after they replaced my tire every other day.

Spyder Garage

Thanks
    Ron

Ron,
    When I bought my 2011 RS-S SE5 listed for $19,660.00 + tags, tax, setup, and delivery $940 + extras (helmets, ext. warranty 3 yrs., two GPS holders, covers, and other stuff) the total $3,625.00. The MSRP total was $24,225.00. I gave $20,000 cash. That was in July of 2011.

Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by blacklightning View Post
    The key thing is to be patient. There will always be good deals around, but you may have to wait for it. I purchased my 2014 RT in September. I am the kind of guy that normally would buy used, and let someone else take the depreciation. But considering I purchased at over $5k below msrp, I could not beat that deal. I could not even find a used spyder for what I purchased my new one for. Also, for the right deal, don't be afraid to travel if you have to.

Especially with the F3 being the new model out. When I bought the 2013 RT-S in 2013 (the new frame and blacked out rims came out), I was lucky to get it MSRP with the vented windshield, adjustable wind deflectors, Bluetooth doggle and trailer hitch installed. Plus they took my old 2010 RT on a good payoff. It is all about negotiating. Don't expect big rebates from the manufacturer because the riding season has just started and manufacturer's know that if a someone wants a new vehicle in that time of year, they will pay for it. Right now BRP has the extended warranty and their financing with Sheffield just dropped on loan APR interest for 2015 units, while last years models have a few thousand $ rebates so that is the best deal you will see from BRP until the end of the year.

Good luck!
    May all your encounters with the law begin with the words: "nice trike!".[/B]
    2015 Can-Am Spyder F3-S SM-6 Can-am Red/Black SM-6 with 2010 Black RT-622 trailer (hitch in the works).

Previously owned:
    2010 Can-Am Spyder RT SM-5
    2011 Can-Am Spyder RS-S SM-5
    2013 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SM-5

Spyder Garage

Default Hm... Post didn't post

Sorry, I had posted a response but it never showed up.

I wanted to thank everyone for their advice. I really appreciate it.

I did pull the trigger with a local dealer after they decided to play ball. Got them down to a reasonable price.

I just wanted to make sure the thread was complete. Didn't want to leave anyone hanging.
    Thanks all
    Ron

Spyder Garage

Must be an "East Coast" thing!

http://www.ridenowrancho.com/default...ke=can-am&d=on

AJ

Thanks
    Ron
    2014 RT/S , Black