Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Aftermarket saddlebag options for F3

Has anyone found any aftermarket saddlebags that fit and work on their Spyder F3?
    I find the OEM solution to be completely worthless for 2 people going on a road trip.

Current Spyder:
    "Can-Am Red"/Black 2015 Spyder F3-S with Heated Handle Grips, Gauge Spoiler, Fog Lights, 12V port, Akrapovic Exhaust, Driver and Passenger Backrests

Previous Spyder:
    "Can-Am Red"/Black 2012 Spyder RS-S with Can-Am Comfort Seat, Comfort Grips, Rigid Saddle Bags, HID lights, Fog Lghts, 12V Accessory port, Trunk Liner, Hindle exhaust, Flash2Pass, SpyderPops BumpSkid, Side Grilles, Missing Air Dam, Air Management System, BajaRon Anti-Sway Bar

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Check your local Cycle Gear store... www.cyclegear.com
    also look in Rider Magazine for an ad for leather like bags that is the company name
    also Givi Bags.
    Good luck
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by dguisinger View Post
    Has anyone found any aftermarket saddlebags that fit and work on their Spyder F3?
    I find the OEM solution to be completely worthless for 2 people going on a road trip.
    Last edited by Motorcycledave; 03-02-2015 at 01:30 AM.

Spyder Garage

Default Bags

I'm hoping to see something from Corbin, like what they have for the ST.

Spyder Garage

I talked to Mike Corbin and the bags are in the works.

Spyder Garage

I plan to ride my 2014 RT for a couple of years until the aftermarket folks catch up. That will also give my bank account a chance to "catch up"! Then I will seriously look at he F-3! Now, you new F-3 owners, get out there and test this machine for us stragglers!!

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JkRbbt View Post
    I plan to ride my 2014 RT for a couple of years until the aftermarket folks catch up. That will also give my bank account a chance to "catch up"! Then I will seriously look at he F-3! Now, you new F-3 owners, get out there and test this machine for us stragglers!!
    I am with you. Had my 2014 rt for 5 months and loving it. Maybe after the newness has worn off, the aftermarket gets better, and prices have come down, I may consider a trade. But once I get this rt set up the way I want it, it will probable be too hard to part with. So I may just end up with another 2 wheeled scoot in the stable. Only time will tell.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Default Hang in there..!!

It is early in the piece and the aftermarket guys are just getting into it. Soft style are available from many your best bet is a harley shop, they have been at it since the first one rolled out... kuryakyn, nelson riggs, givi, are some names in this market...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    It is early in the piece and the aftermarket guys are just getting into it. Soft style are available from many your best bet is a harley shop, they have been at it since the first one rolled out... kuryakyn, nelson riggs, givi, are some names in this market...
    Nelson Riggs has one that fits the RSS. We gave them away after my wife went to the F3 and now that I see the passenger seat closer, it would have actually worked.
    But to be honest... if you are going on a two day road trip going on an F3, I hope it is not too far because the passenger will get uncomfortable after a few miles in my experience...
    Last edited by bullant12; 03-02-2015 at 11:55 AM.
    May all your encounters with the law begin with the words: "nice trike!".[/B]
    2015 Can-Am Spyder F3-S SM-6 Can-am Red/Black SM-6 with 2010 Black RT-622 trailer (hitch in the works).

Previously owned:
    2010 Can-Am Spyder RT SM-5
    2011 Can-Am Spyder RS-S SM-5
    2013 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SM-5

Spyder Garage

Default Hard Lockable Saddlebags

These have built in lights to use as stop or turn signal and this outfit also has adjustable mounting brackets for them. Here's the link: http://www.ridebikegear.com/rs-hard-...hts-p-267.html

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default THE SIDE BAGS

Quote Originally Posted by den1953 View Post
    These have built in lights to use as stop or turn signal and this outfit also has adjustable mounting brackets for them. Here's the link: http://www.ridebikegear.com/rs-hard-...hts-p-267.html
    Thanks , those look sweet and priced right, nice size also......They don't mention anything about " mounting Brackets ", however for the F-3 they would have to be custom made anyhow.....................Mike

Spyder Garage

Default The Mounting Brackets

Mike, here's the link to their brackets: http://www.ridebikegear.com/ride-bes...tem-p-232.html

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by den1953 View Post
    Mike, here's the link to their brackets: http://www.ridebikegear.com/ride-bes...tem-p-232.html
    ......Mike

Spyder Garage

Default Opportunity knocks

Hey John, Doc & Ron!!! Sounds like a business opportunity to me - Bracket for F3 saddlebags...
    2014 RT SE6 Rider
    X - Honda Rider
    X - RT S driver
    X - RS driver
    Lifetime VFW Member

Spyder Garage

Default Less than Half the Cost

$489.90 for the saddlebags and the brackets, way less than half what the BRP saddlebags cost, even with a 10% dealer discount.

Spyder Garage

I'm having trouble picturing how that looks on a Spyder. Do those mounts stay out of the way of the seat handles?

I still wish CanAm offered two different bag sizes for their integrated brackets

Current Spyder:
    "Can-Am Red"/Black 2015 Spyder F3-S with Heated Handle Grips, Gauge Spoiler, Fog Lights, 12V port, Akrapovic Exhaust, Driver and Passenger Backrests

Previous Spyder:
    "Can-Am Red"/Black 2012 Spyder RS-S with Can-Am Comfort Seat, Comfort Grips, Rigid Saddle Bags, HID lights, Fog Lghts, 12V Accessory port, Trunk Liner, Hindle exhaust, Flash2Pass, SpyderPops BumpSkid, Side Grilles, Missing Air Dam, Air Management System, BajaRon Anti-Sway Bar

Spyder Garage

That sucker would wheelie down the road with all that weight hanging off the rear of the bike.
    2014 RT SE6 Rider
    X - Honda Rider
    X - RT S driver
    X - RS driver
    Lifetime VFW Member

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spyderyderjim View Post
    Here is a cut/paste I did to visualize what the Ride Bike saddlebags & Ride Bike Large trunk would look like on 2015 F3 Spyder.
    Enjoy.
    Jim
    It may help shift the weight so I can do some wheelies ....
    Last edited by dguisinger; 03-07-2015 at 12:09 PM.

Current Spyder:

Previous Spyder:

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Burped View Post
    Why are you trying to turn a cruiser into an RT ? The F3 is intended to be a solo machine, not a weekend ride for 2. Am I missing something ?
    A two seated machine is meant to be a solo machine, nice.
    I rarely have a passenger, no need for a massive overweight RT. I'm in my 30s, not 80s. Since you wanted to stereotype I thought I would as well.

Current Spyder:

Previous Spyder:

Spyder Garage

Default Nope . . . .

Why are you trying to turn a cruiser into an RT ? The F3 is intended to be a solo machine, not a weekend ride for 2. Am I missing something ?
    . . . . I don't think you are missing anything.

GS, RS, ST, RT & F3. Each has its own sensibility. ( except for the ST wich melds a RS + RT )

Can you change a RS into a RT? Sure! (kinda) Ditto for a F3. Heck, you can even change a RS into a snowmobile.

It is yours, do what you want. But, probably like Ben, I will be scratching my head and wondering why you did that. Life is full of mysteries, I am getting used to it.

Tom
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2008 GS SE5 -> 2013 STS SE5 -> 2015 F3-S SE6 . . . Still riding & smiling.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tom in NM View Post
    . . . . I don't think you are missing anything.

GS, RS, ST, RT & F3. Each has its own sensibility. ( except for the ST wich melds a RS + RT )

Can you change a RS into a RT? Sure! (kinda) Ditto for a F3. Heck, you can even change a RS into a snowmobile.

It is yours, do what you want. But, probably like Ben, I will be scratching my head and wondering why you did that. Life is full of mysteries, I am getting used to it.

Tom
    Explain to me how you see the ST as more of a touring option than the F3???
    The F3 has the 6-speed transmission and is better geared for long highway rides
    The F3 has both passenger and driver backrests
    The F3 has a bigger tank and better gas milage
    The F3 has a seat much more comfortable than the "comfort" seat on the RS/ST

The ST on the other hand has the EXACT same storage options as the RS sport model, which is more storage than the F3 has... in that sense, I guess that makes the RS great for touring.... No?

Then why push your rigid view of what every single model of Spyder should be used for? We were having a productive conversation on options for saddlebags for the F3 and you guys feel the need to barge in and insult those who want to use their F3 for more than your narrow view of what it should be ridden for.

Current Spyder:

Previous Spyder:

Spyder Garage

Nice photo Tom,
    I think most of us would like to have a little more storage then just the frunk on the F3.
    Most will want some type of windshield too.
    I choose the F3 because it rode better then the RTL, that I test rode just minutes before. Handled much better in the tight turns and I like the seating position better. Less pain on my back with my feet forward.
    I still can't wipe the smile off my face. I just love it!!!!!
    I'm sure by your post you like yours as well.....

Nice to have a dual purpose bike, but the snowmobile, that is crazy.......
    Last edited by Retired 2012; 03-03-2015 at 12:38 AM. Reason: spelling
    2015 F3-S Pearl White SM6 with a 7 Jurock custom windshield, Smooth-Spyder backrest, Shad saddle bags, RT sway bar, Elka stage 2 shocks in front and stage 2 with hyd. adjuster in the rear. Lamonster's LED fog lights, TricLed headlights, TricLed Safety LED package.
    2015 F3S , Black & White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dguisinger View Post
    A two seated machine is meant to be a solo machine, nice.
    I rarely have a passenger, no need for a massive overweight RT. I'm in my 30s, not 80s. Since you wanted to stereotype I thought I would as well.
    I'm in my 30's too, and I agree with Ben. BUT... if you rarely have a passenger, then go for it!
    I had 2 RT's and enjoyed every mile in them, solo or 2 up. I even traded to another RT when the ST came out and my wife was running on her own RS. I know a lot of folks that started with a GS and pretty much turned it into a touring cruiser because they always rode 2 up, then waited a few years to finally upgrade to a more comfy RT and never looked back.

It's what you feel like doing...
    May all your encounters with the law begin with the words: "nice trike!".[/B]
    2015 Can-Am Spyder F3-S SM-6 Can-am Red/Black SM-6 with 2010 Black RT-622 trailer (hitch in the works).

Previously owned:
    2010 Can-Am Spyder RT SM-5
    2011 Can-Am Spyder RS-S SM-5
    2013 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SM-5

Spyder Garage

Default Solo

I could be really rude and ask why another's view or choices are up to your approval, but I must ask, per your comment, if I should contact BRP/CanAm regarding their F3 literature that contains Passenger Footboards and a Passenger Backrest, not to mention the "dual" seat, and ask why they provide those options for the "single ride" machine they created and built. My wife thought the F3 was sweet and encouraged me to consider purchasing. She will not be staying home because of someone's view that this is a single ride machine. We disagree, and apparently BRP/CanAm does as well. And before you respond otherwise, "we" ride year-round, hot or cold weather. Do not assume every dual ride is fair weather.

Spyder Garage

Why can't we all just accept that people have different taste. I have traveled all over this country on a KLR 650 dual sport with my wife on the back sure it may not have been as comfortable as some other bikes but it was what we liked. I'm buying a F3 because it's what I like and my wife and I will travel all over this country on it and yes a RT may be more comfortable but the RT doesn't have the looks or riding position I like, that doesn't mean I will question why some would buy a RT when they could drive a Miata, so please leave people alone and we all can enjoy our rides no matter what we ride or where we ride it.

Spyder Garage

Default F3

Quote Originally Posted by Grandpaspeed View Post
    Why can't we all just accept that people have different taste. I have traveled all over this country on a KLR 650 dual sport with my wife on the back sure it may not have been as comfortable as some other bikes but it was what we liked. I'm buying a F3 because it's what I like and my wife and I will travel all over this country on it and yes a RT may be more comfortable but the RT doesn't have the looks or riding position I like, that doesn't mean I will question why some would buy a RT when they could drive a Miata, so please leave people alone and we all can enjoy our rides no matter what we ride or where we ride it.
    Grandpaspeed. Thank You.
    My wife and I got a RT after selling our BMW RT1100RT with 100,000 miles.