Thread: iPhone 5s

Spyder Garage

Default iPhone 5s

I just upgraded to a iphone 5s from a 4s, actually my daughter gave it to me as she was getting a new iphone 6. Now my problem. My 4s would connect nicely to the ipod integration cable in the trunk of my 2011 RTs. Is there a connector/cable available that will allow me to do this with the 5s phone?

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MMcc View Post
    I just upgraded to a iphone 5s from a 4s, actually my daughter gave it to me as she was getting a new iphone 6. Now my problem. My 4s would connect nicely to the ipod integration cable in the trunk of my 2011 RTs. Is there a connector/cable available that will allow me to do this with the 5s phone?
    You can get adapter cables at Amazon. I got (2) for $9.85. I have not tried them yet.
    2014 RTSS , Cogna/ black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default iPhone 5s

I had a very similar issue moving from an iPhone 4 to a 6. The short answer is YES, but you must buy the "official" conversion cable made by Apple. You hook this cable onto the old cable that you previously used to connect your old iPhone. It is very important to buy the actual Apple conversion cable since other cables can be used to charge the phone, but lack the ability to transmit the audio. The cable is about $40 from Amazon. Hope that helps. [emoji5]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ArachnidRyder; 03-01-2015 at 06:47 PM.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default iPhone 5s

PS: The charge and synch cables work great if all you want is to charge the phone and are very reasonably priced. The overpriced Apple cable makes the 5s or newer phones work just like the older phones when used with the factory spyder iPhone cable. Mine works great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ArachnidRyder; 03-01-2015 at 06:46 PM.