Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default an f-3 question...

there were earlier threads, showing how to enable the cruise control on the basic
    model spyder.. has anyone attempted to this mod on the basic f-3? .. i don't have an f-3 yet. but plan to get one... i enjoy cruise control, but would not want to pay the additional $2500. or so, to get that upgraded f-3S.. the thread showed how to remove a
    white plate etc.. i wonder if the switch is still under a plate or?? i haven't seen a basic f-3, so i am in the dark.. anyone know of my options? (other than the f-3S )...

Spyder Garage

you would need to look at the wiring schematic; would think the the F-3 is like the other models, the base model has the same wiring harness that is on the top of the line model. If that is the case then the switch for the cruise is already in place on the right side handlebar. Would just require some "adjustments" to make it functional.
    All the great movements in the world began with a cup of coffee!

2018 F3-T

My mods: Can am Trailer hitch, USB and 12 volt power outlets, Gustason windshield, Bead rider seat cushion, battery harness for electric gear and battery tender, Time out trailer.
    2018 F3-T , Pearl White

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

looking at the schematic sounds like a good way to go.. the f-3 is so new, i guess know one has done it yet.... i was hoping for pics from someone that may have done it.. the schematics would be a big part of the research, but pictures of the modification of the switch itself would really be great!.. hope springs eternal...

Spyder Garage

Default As I see it..!!

they make one harness but leave off the components. Some need a sub harness to complets some functions. Looking at the full harnesses of both could show what is needed to make the cruise work...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black