Spyder Garage

Default 2 questions re: new F3

1. Several people have told me how nice it is to NOT have to press the "mode" button before starting the engine. Our screen tells us to push the "mode" button and it won't start w/o doing so. Is that the case with others? I wonder if this was changed with later deliveries.

2. There were two ~4" x 4" pieces of 3M protective sheets in the frunk. What are they for?
    2015 F3 (wife's)
    2014 Indian Vintage
    2019 AMG C43 cabrio
    1966 LS1 Corvette restomod
    1956 Corvette survivor (wife's)
    1941 Chevy hotrod truck
    2023 Corvette Z06

Spyder Garage

Default 2 answers . . .

Quote Originally Posted by petegtsv10 View Post
    1. Several people have told me how nice it is to NOT have to press the "mode" button before starting the engine. Our screen tells us to push the "mode" button and it won't start w/o doing so. Is that the case with others? I wonder if this was changed with later deliveries.

2. There were two ~4" x 4" pieces of 3M protective sheets in the frunk. What are they for?

1: My F3 prompts to press the Mode Button. It is # 179. I have always assumed that the Spyder can be programed NOT to display/require the Mode button, but for Safety/Liability & Security, it does. I am fine with that. I find it weird that it does not. I would be a little concerned that it may be in some diagnostic mode, not rider/street mode. Anytime that something does not operate as 'expected', it is a good practice to understand "Why?".

2: The sheets are "protective" decals . . . . they can be put on your F3 where your knees might rub the body panels. I opted not to put them on and told they dealer they could keep them.

Tom

added: Yes, if the Spyder has been running and is then turned off . . . You have about 5 minutes where you can turn the key on and just press the starter and it will restart, without pressing the mode button. It has always been like that.
    Last edited by Tom in NM; 02-28-2015 at 04:17 PM.
    2008 GS SE5 -> 2013 STS SE5 -> 2015 F3-S SE6 . . . Still riding & smiling.

Spyder Garage

Default As I see it..!!

the change is that the cycle for the mode button is much shorter than on the RT's...you still have to press it if you have stopped for a while. The protective tape is a nice extra if your ryding style has you rubbing panels...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Default 4" by 4" sheets

these sheets are so your heels don't scratch the paint on the tubes near the footpegs

Quote Originally Posted by petegtsv10 View Post

2017 F3-S , circuit yellow

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    these sheets are so your heels don't scratch the paint on the tubes near the footpegs
    You mean soles right?[emoji57]
    Not heels? [emoji23]
    uploadfromtaptalk1425162937054.jpg

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    I was told they for the side panel when you flip up the passenger peg so it doesn't scratch the paint.

Spyder Garage

no, sticking with the heels, well maybe the whole foot

Quote Originally Posted by DrewNJ View Post
    You mean soles right?[emoji57]
    Not heels? [emoji23]
    uploadfromtaptalk1425162937054.jpg
    2017 F3-S , circuit yellow