Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Yoshimura R77 - Which one for ST?

Apologies if this has already been posted, but I couldn't find it. I have decided on the Yoshimura slip-on exhaust after much too much deliberation. BUT, not sure which one. They technically do not list one for the ST. I have the ST-Ltd. Apparently there are two different mid-pipes. I spoke with Yoshimura and they didn't or wouldn't recommend which one. I am thinking that it would be the same as the one shown for the RS-S ?? Any ideas?

Spyder Garage

Default Unfortunately no...

the ST's have a different system because of the massive catalytic converter. Looks more like the RT type. After checking the part numbers it is the same as the RT. Love that pipe just installed it on my RS. You might also try eliminating the cat (check with lamontster garage home page) gives you a nice sound and gets rid of the high heat and weight of the converter...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Cat bypass as well

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    the ST's have a different system because of the massive catalytic converter. Looks more like the RT type. After checking the part numbers it is the same as the RT. Love that pipe just installed it on my RS. You might also try eliminating the cat (check with lamontster garage home page) gives you a nice sound and gets rid of the high heat and weight of the converter...
    Thanks, so I will check out the model for the RT then. Thanks for the help. I was planning on the cat bypass as well. Figure I will tackle it all at once. Have heard about some fitment problems though. Did you have any issues? Assuming you've installed the cat delete already

Spyder Garage

We put one on my wife's 2013 ST Limited and we used the "Yoshimura R-77 Bolt On Muffler Carbon Fiber For Can-Am Spyder RSS 2013".

The hanger has to be modified a little but it is not a big issue. The end of the hanger it pressing against mounting arm and the hose clamp is just to stop the hanger from moving up and down. I will change it to a black hose clamp when I find one.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by bscrive; 02-28-2015 at 06:40 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 333Club View Post
    Thanks, so I will check out the model for the RT then. Thanks for the help. I was planning on the cat bypass as well. Figure I will tackle it all at once. Have heard about some fitment problems though. Did you have any issues? Assuming you've installed the cat delete already
    Actually I have the RS with the Yoshimura and love it. But have heard good things about the bypass...[emoji106]
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Perfect

Quote Originally Posted by bscrive View Post
    We put one on my wife's 2013 ST Limited and we used the "Yoshimura R-77 Bolt On Muffler Carbon Fiber For Can-Am Spyder RSS 2013".

The hanger has to be modified a little but it is not a big issue. The end of the hanger it pressing against mounting arm and the hose clamp is just to stop the hanger from moving up and down. I will change it to a black hose clamp when I find one.

Thanks so much. That answers my question and makes my decision easy. One question though. Is there any reason why we couldn't cut off the additional length of the mounting bracket? The portion that extends past the mounting point. Or does that give it stability? Just a thought

Spyder Garage

It gives the pipe stability. If you cut it off then the pipe will hang down much lower and it puts a lot of strain on the bolts on the cat. I would not cut it off, it really is not noticeable.
    Last edited by bscrive; 03-01-2015 at 10:49 AM.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Changed my mind

After all was said & done I went back to 1st choice and bought the Akrapovic Sport Touring pipe. Got an amazing price off of Ebay (1/2 of list) I really didn't like the way the Yoshimura pipe looked after being used. Or the way it's mounted.
    The Akrapovic is obviously a factory assisted design as it bolts on in minutes to same fitting locations. Hard to argue with Titanium and Carbon Fiber materials. Sounds great too with the baffles removed. Next step will be to remove the cat!