Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hmmmm?!?

Spyder Garage

Default Hmmmm?!?

Does anyone else find this interesting? My new (used) Spyder must really handle well in reverse. Noticed it yesterday. Still working on paperwork so I have not gotten it out of 2nd gear yet. Up and down the driveway! lol
    Have you checked your rotation lately???
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

While this might win you some "Reverse Races"; it's best that you call your dealer about this...quickly!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

You will have to let us know how well that Kuhmo tire installed backwards sticks on wet pavement. Even in the right direction they don't stick real good.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

I missed it the first time around; but, see it now.

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Looks like someone was having a problem paying attention to details.
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Spyder Garage

Prompted me to check mine. There is a rotational arrow that someone failed to notice. Looks like a new hire with "on the Job training" taking place.

Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Spyder Garage

Default Hmmmm?!?

I do know the shop that installed the new tire but will not reveal that on this forum. I'm sure it was just a mistake (that I will have to pay to get changed). But I know that the work there is generally flawless. We are all human. I'm in a really nice mood today!!

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default ROTATION

Since a lot of dealers won't mount tires other than KENDA's, they may not have anything to do with this..................I'm leery of dealers, but this may not this one's fault, of course you haven't provide a lot of info on the purchase details .........Mike.......( No more colors , or emoticons , one less thing for people to gripe about )

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default What..!!

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Since a lot of dealers won't mount tires other than KENDA's, they may not have anything to do with this..................I'm leery of dealers, but this may not this one's fault, of course you haven't provide a lot of info on the purchase details .........Mike.......( No more colors , or emoticons , one less thing for people to gripe about )
    Hard to recognize your work this way..!!

Whomever installed the tire made a mistake with or without the knowledge that some tires are rotational. Seems strange it would be a shop seeing as most motorcycle tires are. But if you know who and where you should get some help if not a redo...
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

i used White-out and marked an arrow on the tire and on the side of the rim and told them to match the two up. Looks like I may have lucked out....

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    Hard to recognize your work this way..!!

Whomever installed the tire made a mistake with or without the knowledge that some tires are rotational. Seems strange it would be a shop seeing as most motorcycle tires are. But if you know who and where you should get some help if not a redo...
    Redo not an option. He is 6 hours away. But will probably send an invoice once it is done correctly. I have to put it in the shop and have the air ride checked out and a headlight replaced.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

has it ever occurred to you, whom ever mounted that tire may be blind ???

osm

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Spyder Man View Post
    has it ever occurred to you, whom ever mounted that tire may be blind ???

osm
    I was thinking more like Dyslexic. He sees the arrow backwards.
    Not that there is anything wrong with being Dyslexic.

Spyder Garage

Did anyone notice, the tire appears to be not straight up and down. It is a little cocked to the left at the bottom, and the right side of the tire seems a bit more worn than the left.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Banged Up Member
    Spyder Garage

I like your sense of humor and attitude.

​Chris

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    Did anyone notice, the tire appears to be not straight up and down. It is a little cocked to the left at the bottom, and the right side of the tire seems a bit more worn than the left.
    Probably my camera angle. I'll check it out closer this evening and follow up. It does look weird in the pic.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MouthPiece View Post
    I like your sense of humor and attitude.

​Chris
    Thanks, I've been sweating the dyslexia thing. I have noticed that there are some very sensitive individuals lurking around. All in fun!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    IMO, that is the result of shooting more from the left than straight on, regarding a little cocked to the left.

On second look, you're right on both counts.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wyliec View Post
    IMO, that is the result of shooting more from the left than straight on, regarding a little cocked to the left.
    I was thinking tire angle in relation to the rear fender. That is what made me think the alignment was off. The fender seems more vertical than the tire.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

With some luck, you'll be able to tell us about a dealer that made a mistake (they all do), but then corrected the problem without making it a major issue for you.

I personally wouldn't threaten to out them here for the mistake, but rather give them the opportunity for us know that they stand behind their work!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MRH View Post
    With some luck, you'll be able to tell us about a dealer that made a mistake (they all do), but then corrected the problem without making it a major issue for you.

I personally wouldn't threaten to out them here for the mistake, but rather give them the opportunity for us know that they stand behind their work!
    I feel the same way. Threatening ain't my style. I have made a point not to name names and will continue to do so!
    Actually, being new to the Spyder line, I was truly hoping when I posted this that ya'll would say "The tire is supposed to be reversed on the Spyder!!!" And then tell me to read the manual AGAIN!!! That didn't happen!! LOL

Spyder Garage

It may be that they took the wheel in and the guy didn't know which side the pulley was supposed to be on. But if that's true, they should have asked.

With 50/50 chances, I always get it wrong. So there must be someone somewhere getting my other 50%!
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    It may be that they took the wheel in and the guy didn't know which side the pulley was supposed to be on. But if that's true, they should have asked.

With 50/50 chances, I always get it wrong. So there must be someone somewhere getting my other 50%!
    50/50 works for me, mostly

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Hey Jabbo, that pot in your avatar sure looks inviting. Next time I get back to Louisiana hopefully it'll be crawfish season. I'll come look you up and if I'm lucky be able to horn in on a real Louisiana bayou crawfish boil! That is one of the few aspects of Louisiana life I really do miss. Some others are Double D sausage, shrimp po' boys, and the occasional muffaletta!

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by WasWinger View Post
    Hey Jabbo, that pot in your avatar sure looks inviting. Next time I get back to Louisiana hopefully it'll be crawfish season. I'll come look you up and if I'm lucky be able to horn in on a real Louisiana bayou crawfish boil! That is one of the few aspects of Louisiana life I really do miss. Some others are Double D sausage, shrimp po' boys, and the occasional muffaletta!
    WasWinger, Where were you from in LA? They make Double D right down the road from here!!! If it ain't crawfish season it is always shrimp season!!! C'mon down!!!
    We burled them up this last Sunday. Still a little soft, early in the season. Dem sombitches were HIGH!!! $3.99 a pound live!! I have never paid that much. I remember the day when we could get 'em for less than .50/#. Of course I have been around awhile!!

Jabbo