Spyder Garage

Default FIRE SALE ON ROUTE 66 windshields

BRP should have a low cost sale on Route 66 windshields! It would be as is, no refunds, or returns. I would be willing to try one, if the price was right, based on the supposition that with a couple inches more screen, it would throw the air blast over my head and I could still look over the blur. Maybe $50 apiece.

Ron

Spyder Garage

Default Curious..!!

What did happen to the stock..?? Could they have run out..?? Must have been something going on with it to drop it like that...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Ronbo View Post
    BRP should have a low cost sale on Route 66 windshields! It would be as is, no refunds, or returns. I would be willing to try one, if the price was right, based on the supposition that with a couple inches more screen, it would throw the air blast over my head and I could still look over the blur. Maybe $50 apiece.

Ron

Hey Ron:

The RT's have plenty of windshield.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Default Ok joe

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzr Joe View Post
    Hey Ron:

The RT's have plenty of windshield.

Cruzr Joe
    Dirty rat! Ha

Spyder Garage

Default Route 66

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    What did happen to the stock..?? Could they have run out..?? Must have been something going on with it to drop it like that...

I think there might be a ware-house full of em somewhere!

Ron

Spyder Garage

I was told last Saturday by my dealer that his rep told him last week that the route 66 windshield was going to be re-released in March or April under a different name. Not sure of the truth to this but that is the info I got.
    2014 Silver Platinum ST Limited: Mods so far: fog lights, passenger backrest, ultimate seat w/driver backrest, rivco drink holder bracket with ram x-grip cell phone holder

Spyder Garage

Default LOW COST

LOW COST FOR A BRP PRODUCT THAT NORMALLY SELLS FOR $499.99 WOULD BE $495.99.... JUST SAY'n....
    DP

Spyder Garage

Default Write-off

My somewhat educated guess is that they were destroyed and wrote-off for taxes as a loss. Too much liability and chances for lawsuit happy lawyers to make a killing off of them at BRP's expense. I would just wait for the aftermarket to catch-up with taller and/or wider windshields which will probably be much better and distortion free as well as less expensive.