Spyder Garage

Default I put Tri Axis bars on my wife's ST Limited as well as fog light, pink lighting......

I finally got the bars on Friday and I had a chance to put them on today. It was a straight forward process and the only thing I had to do was widen the bottom screw holes on the plastic collar so the screws will fit. They took me about six hours to complete, but I have had the tupperware off several times. I did put on RT bars a few weeks ago to make sure that they would fit. This is not a hard job to do. The hardest part was putting the little bolts, they give you, in to hold the plastic collar on. I used tape wrapped around the socket and the head of the bolt to hold it in the socket to screw it in. This way, when I felt the bolt taking hold, I could pull the socket off the bolt and put on the next one.

I did have to adjust the bars up a bit because they would hit the parking break when I would turn the handle bars all the way to the left.

Here is a picture of the finished product.

I also put on aftermarket fog lights

and pink under lighting on the bike as well as pink graphics with reflective borders.
    I am still waiting on the rocker switches to complete the lighting.

The other thing I put on is an Utopia backrest. It came out looking great and Deb just loves it.

I am still waiting for a 150db air horn to come in and I am going to install that on the right side of the bike under the tupperware. I found a completely metal one so that it won't melt it with the heat in there.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Default Very nice..!!

Long day but great results. Congrats..!!
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Good job, Brian. Your wife must be well pleased with your efforts.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Nice job! Just did all the brakes, Spark plugs and wires, air filter, antifreeze, metal sway bar links on the RT
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Spyder Garage
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250

Spyder Garage

It looks nice and warm there Len. It is -28c here. -35c with the wind chill.

Spyder Garage

Thank you for letting us know! This is now at the top of my wish list, some day list, maybe list, sure would be nice list.

2016 F3-L Special Series Triple Black
    August 25, 2016

2014 ST-Limited
    July 2, 2014

"Just going down that long lonesome highway" and now REALLY loving every minute!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bscrive View Post
    It looks nice and warm there Len. It is -28c here. -35c with the wind chill.
    49f here today with some snow on the west side of town. It was in the 70s last week. Karen wanted those bars until we were at the local dealer and she saw the price.
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250

Spyder Garage

Great Job

Spyder Garage

Very nice! Really like the reflective graphics
    His - 2013 RSS SM5
    Hers - 2013 RS SE5

Proud Army Veterans!!

Spyder Garage

Very Nice.

Cruzr joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Highwayman2013 View Post
    49f here today with some snow on the west side of town. It was in the 70s last week. Karen wanted those bars until we were at the local dealer and she saw the price.
    Len, I got the bars on ebay for $425. I did miss out on a set for $359 a couple of weeks before, but at the time I was not sure if they would fit so I didn't buy them. I also had to purchase the GPS holder because the Tri Axis handlebars use a different mounting.

Very Active Member stormtrooper's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Nice job They look good.I did them a few weeks ago on my RT.Not a hard job like you said.

2014 RT-S SE6 Pearl White

Grip Puppies, 12 volt power outlet, BRP comfort seat, Tri-Axis adjustable handlebars, BajaRons sway bar & links, Spyderpops Bump Skid w/Inlaid LED's & Stainless steel Kott grilles,SmoothSpyder belt tensioner,Carbon fiber dipped wind deflectors,Lamonster NBV highway brackets,Lamonster cat delete pipe,

Spyder Garage

Len, I got the bars on ebay for $425. I did miss out on a set for $359 a couple of weeks before, but at the time I was not sure if they would fit so I didn't buy them. I also had to purchase the GPS holder because the Tri Axis handlebars use a different mounting.
    I will watch ebay for a good price on the bars. I think I would move the GPS up to the top of the dash. We are still deciding on staying here or not, so far we are leaning hard toward staying. We do not miss winter in the northeast.
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250

...in the pink (Girls On Spyders) flamingobabe's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Love the pink.....just curious why you changed the handlebars.......what advantages tri-axle vs. stock......for some added lights look into Tric-led fender lights...they are awesome

#IamARyder #RideASpyder #CanAmSpyder

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by flamingobabe View Post
    Love the pink.....just curious why you changed the handlebars.......what advantages tri-axle vs. stock......for some added lights look into Tric-led fender lights...they are awesome
    Debbie found that she was reaching for the handlebars with the stock ones and her lower back would start to hurt after a few hours of riding. She didn't have that problem with her RS with the risers. So, I put on some RT bars that I got from JayBros and she was no longer reaching for the bars, but the grips were straight and she wanted something more natural for her wrists and the Tri Axis bars do just that. With the handlebars turned in, it gave a more comfortable and natural grip and brings the bars even closer.
    We looked at the fender light and they will probably be one of next years project. I kinda blew the budget this year.

Spyder Garage

Are you selling the ST or RT bars?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mudcruiserman View Post
    Are you selling the ST or RT bars?
    I may sell the RT bars at a later time but I will be keeping the stock ST bars. If we sell the bike at a later time I will put the stock bars back on.

Spyder Garage

Red face Thanks

Love my ST but the handle bars are just a little far away for my reach. Thanks for the description and pictures!

Spyder Garage

I put Tri Axis bars on my wife's ST Limited as well as fog light, pink lighting......

My compliments on your mechanical abilities. Makes for a happy home when you do it for the wife. I am sure she will enjoy.
    2014 Pearl White RT, TriAxis handlebar, BaJaron Bar&Links, Spyderpops belt guard, bumpskid & stainless grilles, Seal Dlx boards, JT's Dash Mount, SmoothSpyder belt tensioner, HMT brake, TricFender led's, mudflap lights, air horn, Squared Away laser alignment

Spyder Garage

Default This picture is for recordingguy - GPS routing

This is how the GPS is routed on the Tri Axis bars.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Questions

Did you sell your ST handlebars after you put the new ones on your wife's bike? I would be interested in buying them if you still have them. Give me a shout. Thank you, John

Spyder Garage

You did a great job with the mods. Also like the pink under lighting.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

What year is her ST? I'm wanting to put them on my wife's 2014.

I finally got the bars on Friday and I had a chance to put them on today. It was a straight forward process and the only thing I had to do was widen the bottom screw holes on the plastic collar so the screws will fit. They took me about six hours to complete, but I have had the tupperware off several times. I did put on RT bars a few weeks ago to make sure that they would fit. This is not a hard job to do. The hardest part was putting the little bolts, they give you, in to hold the plastic collar on. I used tape wrapped around the socket and the head of the bolt to hold it in the socket to screw it in. This way, when I felt the bolt taking hold, I could pull the socket off the bolt and put on the next one.

I did have to adjust the bars up a bit because they would hit the parking break when I would turn the handle bars all the way to the left.

Here is a picture of the finished product.

I also put on aftermarket fog lights

and pink under lighting on the bike as well as pink graphics with reflective borders.
    I am still waiting on the rocker switches to complete the lighting.

The other thing I put on is an Utopia backrest. It came out looking great and Deb just loves it.

I am still waiting for a 150db air horn to come in and I am going to install that on the right side of the bike under the tupperware. I found a completely metal one so that it won't melt it with the heat in there.