Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: junior member

Spyder Garage

Default junior member

I know I'm a junior member but it would be nice to occasionally post on here or read other post without people making flippant comments or being sarcastic. Razing between friends is one thing but for new sypder owners who post honest yet sometimes stupid or redundant questions seems like some of the comments aren't necessary. Like the old saying should say if you don't have anything nice or constructive to say don't say anything at all. Just my two cents. Still love my spyder.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by nattylightlover2 View Post
    I know I'm a junior member but it would be nice to occasionally post on here or read other post without people making flippant comments or being sarcastic. Razing between friends is one thing but for new sypder owners who post honest yet sometimes stupid or redundant questions seems like some of the comments aren't necessary. Like the old saying should say if you don't have anything nice or constructive to say don't say anything at all. Just my two cents. Still love my spyder.
    Thats part of the price you pay when you tune in, get involved or have an opinion. Life everywhere is like that. Roll along with it and do not take everything so seriously. All the posts on here are just someone else's opinion anyway. Don't be shy, let's hear your opinions. In other words this is not Rocket Science nor are there any Rocket Scientists on here that I know of. A lot set themselves up to be one. None of us are.

This is supposed to be fun and informative although some get a little carried away.

Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Spyder Garage

Default Unfortunate..!!

But give it time. Hang in there and don't let a few comments get you down. I went through it as many have. Once you get to know us you will understand us and can communicate with whom ever you choose but a better place for everything spyder you won't find...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Default Haven't been

Haven't been on Spyderlovers all that long myself. Occasionally you will see a string go crazy with unnecessary input and self-promoting comments, even to the point of arguments and name calling. When you see those, it's best to just read and don't get involved in the insanity of others. On the other hand, during the short time I've been on this forum, I have read so many great posts that helped me become acquainted with my Spyder!! Most on here are helpful, and knowledgeable, and would probably give you the shirt of their backs if you needed it. Like everywhere in the world these days, there are those few that like to dirty things up. As the other poster said, don't take things too seriously, and enjoy what benefits you will gain from being a member of Spyderlovers. You won't regret it!!

2014 RT-S Pearl White - 'Miss Pearl'

Spyder Garage

I agree
    I believe some people do because they don't think before commenting.

Words od wisdom
    THINK BEFORE YOU SPEAK!!!!!

Spyder Garage

Default Sadly

what you have expressed seems to happen on every message board no matter the purpose of the board. I often think those who make the smart aleck type comments have emotional frustrations or a complex and this becomes their opportunity to show their superiority. But I have noticed on this board, more often than not, someone usually posts an appropriate response. Be patient, ignore the "smart mouths", and just hang in.
    Doug Barnes
    James 4:17

all on two wheels. More on four or more. Guess I may need to start multi-coloring for three wheels.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Nattylightlover I just read all of your posts and I don't see where you have been treated badly. You did have three posts, I think they were all today, in which you said that you were too lazy to search for answers yourself. Even though that is something that can draw the ire of us senior members you were treated nicely.

Searching is easy and you will lean a lot. Good luck. Edit: Searching is easy and you will LEARN a lot!
    Last edited by SpyderAnn01; 02-23-2015 at 10:01 PM.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default WELCOME!

Have a laugh!
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Spyder Garage

Default How does searching make you lean?

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    Nattylightlover I just read all of your posts and I don't see where you have been treated badly. You did have three posts, I think they were all today, in which you said that you were too lazy to search for answers yourself. Even though that is something that can draw the ire of us senior members you were treated nicely.

Searching is easy and you will lean a lot. Good luck.
    Just askin, I could stand to loose a few pounds.

Spyder Garage

Default it's not about me

Ann, I'm not that delicate of a flower. And yes I said I didn't want to pour through forums reading irrelevant stuff, when someone familiar could copy and paste. I have had more than 3 post dating back to 1.5 years ago when the spyder bug really bit me. I have seen people trashing people's price on the for sale page, random tangents on totally off topics, and about 3 or for common denominators that comment on everything and include many emoticons, I was just saying it can get old and hard to sift through.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Ronbo View Post
    Just askin, I could stand to loose a few pounds.
    Haha, me too. If I figure it out I will let you know.

Ann, I'm not that delicate of a flower. And yes I said I didn't want to pour through forums reading irrelevant stuff, when someone familiar could copy and paste. I have had more than 3 post dating back to 1.5 years ago when the spyder bug really bit me. I have seen people trashing people's price on the for sale page, random tangents on totally off topics, and about 3 or for common denominators that comment on everything and include many emoticons, I was just saying it can get old and hard to sift through.
    What you are saying is that your time is more valuable than someone else's? You want someone else to pour through forums to search for you? Then, as you call it, simply cut and paste. I understand that you think some people are out of line and you might be right but you should at least try to do your own research before expecting others to do it for you.
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

I'm going to let it go at that, said my piece, best of luck to everyone out there.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jaherbst View Post
    Thats part of the price you pay when you tune in, get involved or have an opinion. Life everywhere is like that. Roll along with it and do not take everything so seriously. All the posts on here are just someone else's opinion anyway. Don't be shy, let's hear your opinions. In other words this is not Rocket Science nor are there any Rocket Scientists on here that I know of. A lot set themselves up to be one. None of us are.

This is supposed to be fun and informative although some get a little carried away.

Jack
    Jack - I'm a rocket scientist. I try to take a break every now and then to work motorcycle suspension and occasional brake stuff...
    13 ST Limited F/R suspension, Corbin, GIVI top case

16 Vespa Primavera 150: Stock
    16 Piaggio BV350: Suspension, braking mods in work
    14 HD XL1200T: F/R suspension and brake mods; Corbin saddle and bags
    09 Aprilia SC250: F/R suspension and minor brake mods
    97 Honda PC800: F/R wheels, F/R suspension, and F/R brake Mods; Corbin saddle
    90 CB-1: In work, long term project
    89 Honda NT650: F/R suspension; Corbin saddle

Spyder Garage

Default Nattylightlover is right . . . .

Ann, I'm not that delicate of a flower. . . . . . . I was just saying it can get old and hard to sift through.
    . . . . . and I just got a big chuckle on how most of the posts in this thread illustrated what he said. I especially liked the condescending & clueless ones, really, you just have to shake your head and wonder.

Yup, it would be nice if there was more 'curation' going on here, but that is hard work and time consuming and as some who have tried will tell you it is not really appreciated and a Forum like this isn't the structure to make it useful.

And yes, it is like that old joke's punchline, "There must be a pony!" It is just that you have to go through a lot of horse-**** to find it. It does get old.

Tom
    2008 GS SE5 -> 2013 STS SE5 -> 2015 F3-S SE6 . . . Still riding & smiling.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spacetiger View Post
    Jack - I'm a rocket scientist. I try to take a break every now and then to work motorcycle suspension and occasional brake stuff...
    I knew there had to be one among us! So that means your never wrong--right?

Tell us what projects you have worked on. I flew with Sig Herman for many years. His Father was one of the German scientists brought over with Von Braun and they worked together developing our space program.

Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

HEY! I love natty light too... in fact I'm drinking one right now.
    AND I know exactly where Troy is... enjoy your Spyder on Hwy 47!
    NEW - 2015 RT Limited SE6 Intense Red Pearl - 07/21/15
    Retained the old mirrors with TricLed Signals
    General Altimax RT43 rear tire (at...17,000 miles) Ran for 36,500 miles
    Michelin Defender.......rear tire (at...53,500 miles) Ran for 60,700 miles
    Riken Raptor HR.........rear tire (at 114,200 miles)
    Vredestein Quatrac 5 front tires (at 70,500 miles, first new fronts!)
    Gear Brake Decelerometer Module

OLD - 2012 RT Limited SE5 Pearl White - 01/31/13 - Traded in at 32,600 miles.
    BajaRon Anti-sway Bar
    Kumho ECSTA AST rear tire (at 14,200 miles)
    TricLed Turn Signals in Mirrors
    2015 Limited , Intense Red Pearl

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'm usually one of the first people to help others out on Spyderlovers even when I know that you could all find the stuff yourself so I don't think his post was directed at me. I was trying to point out to the OP that when you state in your post that you are too lazy to look it up you are not exactly going to make friends that way. I can't blame someone for being snippy and letting him know that there are already 10,000 posts on tires.

I guess for people like that Facebook is probably the place for you to go. You can't search at all so you don't even have to give the excuse that you are too lazy. But you also will likely get answers from people who don't have a clue as to what they are talking about.
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Default This is a great site, you just have to be careful about what suject you touch!

Some times people get a little touchy

Attached Images Attached Images
    2014 Pearl white RTS

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jaherbst View Post
    So that means your never wrong--right?

Tell us what projects you have worked on. I flew with Sig Herman for many years. His Father was one of the German scientists brought over with Von Braun and they worked together developing our space program.

Jack
    No, we have our days too. That's why its just the facts; very few get to state opinion and get away with it.

Yes those where the early years, but we have come far and have regressed. Seems we can't make a space qualified engine anymore. All I can say as all my work is unspeakable on this open forum...

Jerry
    13 ST Limited F/R suspension, Corbin, GIVI top case

16 Vespa Primavera 150: Stock
    16 Piaggio BV350: Suspension, braking mods in work
    14 HD XL1200T: F/R suspension and brake mods; Corbin saddle and bags
    09 Aprilia SC250: F/R suspension and minor brake mods
    97 Honda PC800: F/R wheels, F/R suspension, and F/R brake Mods; Corbin saddle
    90 CB-1: In work, long term project
    89 Honda NT650: F/R suspension; Corbin saddle

Spyder Garage

If someone asks a question and someone else answers the question with no other narrative ......................................... this would be a boring board.

Was that rude???

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

And don't forget that if you don't like someones comments ............................. you can put them on ignore and you will not see their comments anymore.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Natty,
    Remember that many of us are crotchty old men with opinions on almost anything. All is intended in good fun or with positive intent.
    2014 RTSS , Cogna/ black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bmccaffrey View Post
    I agree
    I believe some people do because they don't think before commenting.

Words od wisdom
    THINK BEFORE YOU SPEAK!!!!!
    I agree with your comment. That is why the good Lord gave us two ears and one mouth - we should listen twice as much as talk... Unfortunately, there are a lot of people in this world that have that ratio reversed???????????????
    THE BIG F

Spyder Garage

Default hang in there

Know what you mean, but there are really a lot of good people on this site ,only looks bad when the few idiots we do have ,come out from there hiding spot .

Spyder Garage

A-waah, Waah, A-waah, Waah.........

Is this the type of comment you had in mind?