Spyder Garage

Default Wraps, Graphics or decals?

I've been considering adding some graphics to my RT, but I'm unsure about something....is there a difference between type of graphics you get from a "Decal" shop and others from "Graphics" shops and others from "Wrap" shops... I'm just trying to get the full scope of how that works.
    Am I correct in assuming that Decal shops graphics have adhesive on them and wraps and don't? I'd want to stay away from screwing up the paint with adhesive...
    ~'12 RT Limited, Pearl White~
    BajaRon Anti-sway Bar
    Squared Away Laser Alignment
    Custom Dynamics HMT Brake Light, Front Fender Tips & Kit, Front Mud Flap LEDs, Amber & Red Brightsides, Tri-color Magicflex Channelz
    Lidlox Grip Tip Helmet Locks
    TricLED Mirror Signals, RGB Multi-color Halo Underground Effects Kit, LED Headlights
    Palmer Signs Custom "Captain America" frunk graphics
    Twisted Chrome Pinstripes
    Overland Australian Sheepskin Seat Cover

Spyder Garage

Default Depends..!

I believe decals and wraps are removable saving the paint. We have great wrap sponsor here and can custom make what you have in mind..get a hold of Pete...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

I'd like for you to look at the site were I purchase my graphics, the owner and designer has a video to help you install the graphics and he provides a lifetime warrantee. His designs are excellent and will work with you to modify them to your liking, incorporating names into the graphics to make them your own. Well I could go on for an hour telling you about this company but just check it out and you will see why I recommend him. http://www.allpowersportsgraphics.com/ Also look at his Hall of Fame, mine is in there.
    I had more people think that my graphics is a paint job. The owner said it my take about 8 hrs to install but I took almost 20hrs, because I had never installed graphics before.
    Good luck.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Catching a Yellow Jacket in your helmet at 65 mph can double your vocabulary

Very Active Member Don in E Texas's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default I've used this company before..

..have some on order now -- had some on my '08. VERY easy to install as they go on dry. Can be removed with no damage to paint. Look like they are hand painted, too. Very easy to cut apart each design and install on various areas of your Spyder.

http://www.twistedchrome.com/

Don
    Did own: 2008, Red, SE5 - and 2010, Black, RT-S Premiere Edition Number 670
    Now Own: 2014 Black RT-S SE6

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Contact Pete at www.wrapmyspyder.com
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

The wrap I have is very durable, easy to clean and can be removed with no damage to the paint.
    Ryde as if your life depends on it,
    because it does !! Ryde Safe!
    Vietnam 67-69

SpyderLovers Sponsor Spyder Wraps Pete's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Basically in general terms wraps, graphics and decals are the same. All products apply as peel and stick & have adhesive backing. Over the last few years the term "wraps" have been used by the general public to describe all the names we just used. Many times we have customers who contact us saying they want to purchase a wrap for their Spyder but after further discussion we find that they really want graphics.
    Without going crazy in a description here is the general difference:

"Wraps" like the name, means that you would cover the complete surface with a particular pattern or design so that you do not see the actual base color of the machine. This RT as you know is Blue but we provided a custom frunk wrap that covers the complete frunk not exposing any of the OE Blue color. The film actually "wraps" around the edges under the frunk. That is of course what it is called a wrap.

Graphics are normally some type of shape cut design that does not cover the complete surface like a wrap but can be quite extensive in all the pieces you may get in a kit.
    They can be solid colors or have many colors as well as shapes and design.

When speaking about decals, normally these would be smaller in size and not have multiple pieces like a graphics kit. Decals are also cut to shape in most cases but like graphics can be multi colored too. In our next discussion I can share the difference in the materials that these are produced on.

I hope this helps..
    Last edited by Spyder Wraps Pete; 02-23-2015 at 06:46 PM.
    Email: pete@wrapmyspyder.com
    Toll Free: 814-450-1923

See our latest Spyder projects here.

If you have a project idea for your Spyder please contact us and we will do our best to help.

Visit our Website here:www.wrapmyspyder.com

Spyder Garage

Pete has done several Spyders for me and his product and workmanship is great. I would give him a call seeing he is the premiere Spyder "wrap" guy.

Spyder Garage

Default those were the days..

Wow.. Lamont those photos bring back some great memories...

I bet you got tired of telling people that the graphics on the RT are not air-brush.

According to the date on this photo it will have been 4 years this Friday when you made your first of 4 trips up to see us.

Wow.. how time flys..

If you have a project idea for your Spyder please contact us and we will do our best to help.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder Wraps Pete View Post
    Wow.. Lamont those photos bring back some great memories...

I bet you got tired of telling people that the graphics on the RT are not air-brush.

According to the date on this photo it will have been 4 years this Friday when you made your first of 4 trips up to see us.

Wow.. how time flys..
    It was well worth the trip to get to know you and the family and to get a custom job done in such a short time. Both of the RT's were show stoppers for sure. Thanks again for taking care of the Spyder family.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Hydro dip

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalBud View Post
    I've been considering adding some graphics to my RT, but I'm unsure about something....is there a difference between type of graphics you get from a "Decal" shop and others from "Graphics" shops and others from "Wrap" shops... I'm just trying to get the full scope of how that works.
    Am I correct in assuming that Decal shops graphics have adhesive on them and wraps and don't? I'd want to stay away from screwing up the paint with adhesive...
    Another very permenant graphic is to hydro dip. I'm doing some parts soon and will post the results here. Remember that you get what you pay for..

Spyder Garage

Default Thanks for the Details Pete!

Thanks Pete! That information is exactly what I was looking for. I find it easier to make any decision when you understand the terminology being used know what you're speaking about from the start.
    I've seen your work many times and the quality shows even in the pics!
    Thanks again!
    ~'12 RT Limited, Pearl White~
    BajaRon Anti-sway Bar
    Squared Away Laser Alignment
    Custom Dynamics HMT Brake Light, Front Fender Tips & Kit, Front Mud Flap LEDs, Amber & Red Brightsides, Tri-color Magicflex Channelz
    Lidlox Grip Tip Helmet Locks
    TricLED Mirror Signals, RGB Multi-color Halo Underground Effects Kit, LED Headlights
    Palmer Signs Custom "Captain America" frunk graphics
    Twisted Chrome Pinstripes
    Overland Australian Sheepskin Seat Cover

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Wraps

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalBud View Post
    Thanks Pete! That information is exactly what I was looking for. I find it easier to make any decision when you understand the terminology being used know what you're speaking about from the start.
    I've seen your work many times and the quality shows even in the pics!
    Thanks again!
    I got my graffics from Pete at wrapmyspyder.com and several of the kits are now being done in
    reflective, attached is an example of the sceptre kit in blue.
    Greetings from Idaho

2014 RT-S,
    Barjaron swaybar, chome luggage rack, Ram Mount GPS, 12 volt dash outlet, spyderflap mudflap, Rivco flag mounts, drink2go and custom handlebar drink holders,Driver Backrest,Tri-Axis Handlebars, TRICLed turn signal lights. Custon Dynamic Magic Strobe Brake Modulator, Triple Dash Pouches, "Squared Away" Laser Alignment, Spyderpops Bumpskid, TricLed "Knightrider" LED

2014 RT , White (Mine) Cognac (wifes)

Spyder Garage

Love that reflective.. ! A great safety feature for those who ride at night. It's all about being seen..

Very Active Member stormtrooper's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by opiewhan View Post
    Another very permenant graphic is to hydro dip

I also am having some parts Hydro dipped.Going with a carbon fiber look on some of the parts

2014 RT-S SE6 Pearl White

Grip Puppies, 12 volt power outlet, BRP comfort seat, Tri-Axis adjustable handlebars, BajaRons sway bar & links, Spyderpops Bump Skid w/Inlaid LED's & Stainless steel Kott grilles,SmoothSpyder belt tensioner,Carbon fiber dipped wind deflectors,Lamonster NBV highway brackets,Lamonster cat delete pipe,