Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Setting up Ride Groups for Spyders only in Colorado!

This is a repost fron Colorado Spyder ryder: A few people have voiced concerns (not in a negative way) about having 2-wheelers mixed in with our rydes. I, for one, like the mix... but I can also appreciate that some ryders may feel uncomfortable or desire to just ryde with lyke ryders (on Spyders).

Another concern that may prevent ryders from joining in on rydes is the starting locations, length or destinations of rydes.... that is also a valid issue for many ryders too.

I have been the sponsor and organizer of this site since it was started and we had 24 spyders on our first announced ryde. We have since formed an unofficial Board of Director and had Officers for our group. At current, and with respect to everyone, we have not had much cohesion or participation in the group. I would like to suggest a gathering of "Spyder Ryders" to discuss the group's future, adding more Ryde Organizers to the group and a plan for a fun Summer of Ryding!

Distance will always be a factor so, I would like to ask someone from the south Colorado, someone from the north Colorado area and if feasible, someone from the west Colorado area, to volunteer to schedule and host a meet-up in their respective areas.

I will be scheduling the Central Colorado (Metro Denver) area (ALL Colorado Spyders & Guests Welcome) for March 7th... location and time to be announced. Hopefully we will be selected to host one of the 7 BRP sponsored Spyder events. Come on Colorado its time to step up. jtpollock

Spyder Garage

Default Good luck..!!

hope all areas come together and arrange for a great ryding season up your way. Spent time in Estes Park and remember the great roads around there..
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

With our SRA chapter I have asked that everyone come to our next meeting with a suggestion for a ride that they would like to lead. They can pick a date or month, they plan the route, fuel and food. Takes some of the burden off of you.

Also, if my group decided to ban 2 wheel motorcycles from our rides I would resign as president and quit riding with the group. If people are intimidated by 2 wheel riders then they are either extremely inexperienced, and should probably not be on a group ride at all, or if the 2 wheel riders are not obeying rules of the road then you should put them at the rear of the group. That isn't an unreasonable request, frequently when riding with 2 wheel groups they send the trikes to the rear.

Good luck with your group.

2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

One of the problems with some groups. No one wants to do anything to help, but you get criticized for everything that you do.

Exclusive groups can be all right, but, most of the times they are populated by a bunch of snobs that I would not want to ride with anyway.

A mixed group is always best, IMO of course. Riding for the fun of the sport of riding, rather than the exclusivity of the brand is what appeals to me.

Hope you can get cooperation and have a great riding season.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    One of the problems with some groups. No one wants to do anything to help, but you get criticized for everything that you do.

Exclusive groups can be all right, but, most of the times they are populated by a bunch of snobs that I would not want to ride with anyway.

A mixed group is always best, IMO of course. Riding for the fun of the sport of riding, rather than the exclusivity of the brand is what appeals to me.

Hope you can get cooperation and have a great riding season.

, well said.

Cruzr Jor
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    With our SRA chapter I have asked that everyone come to our next meeting with a suggestion for a ride that they would like to lead. They can pick a date or month, they plan the route, fuel and food. Takes some of the burden off of you.

Also, if my group decided to ban 2 wheel motorcycles from our rides I would resign as president and quit riding with the group. If people are intimidated by 2 wheel riders then they are either extremely inexperienced, and should probably not be on a group ride at all, or if the 2 wheel riders are not obeying rules of the road then you should put them at the rear of the group. That isn't an unreasonable request, frequently when riding with 2 wheel groups they send the trikes to the rear.

Good luck with your group.
    I was on the last Colorado Spyder group ride and one of the problems is that it was not pointed out that it was a mix group ride. So Spyder people showed up and was faced with about 40 2 wheelers including crotch rockets and Harley's and 4 Spyders. I dont care either way but noticed the other 3 Spyders dropped out of the group right away. Later in the ride several HD riders told me they don’t like riding behind Spyders because we ride more in the Center (like a car) of the lane and it messes them up. Alot of 2 wheelers rush to get ahead of you and leave the trikes in the rear. I think this happened at the very beginning of the ride and even I had to force my way in line. I think the others Spyder riders got the hint and headed out on their own and complained later to the ride coordinator.

Spyder Garage

Default Good luck there Colorado

All the best up/over there CO.

Honestly, I don't care if it's two or three wheels as long as everyone obeys the rules of the ride and respects the organizers. Sometimes ya got to treat grown a$$ people as if they were kids. Maybe stress more to groups disrespecting will not be tolerated. Just because they have a bike does not mean they are the god of all riders. And if they are not happy with the ride and how it is organized....send them riding on a pizza ride to Chuck-E-Cheese! LOL.
    Life's short...Play it by ear and ryde!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default two and Three wheelers

[QUOTE=Tazzel;938881]I was on the last Colorado Spyder group ride and one of the problems is that it was not pointed out that it was a mix group ride. So Spyder people showed up and was faced with about 40 2 wheelers including crotch rockets and Harley's and 4 Spyders. I dont care either way but noticed the other 3 Spyders dropped out of the group right away. Later in the ride several HD riders told me they don’t like riding behind Spyders because we ride more in the Center (like a car) of the lane and it messes them up. Alot of 2 wheelers rush to get ahead of you and leave the trikes in the rear. I think this happened at the very beginning of the ride and even I had to force my way in line. I think the others Spyder riders got the hint and headed out on their own and complained later to the ride coordinator.

[ I was on that ride and had a great time but then again I use to ride a two wheeler I put 78,000 miles on a Honda Shadow then I traded for me Spyder RS-SE5
    I have had it almost 3 years and have 48,000 on the Spyder I enjoy the mixed rides and have never had anyone say anything negative anyway We need a lot more people to turn out for this gathering on March 7th jtpollock ]

Spyder Garage

I'm not in Colorado and I don't ride with your group, so take my thoughts for what they are. I don't get a vote, nor should I.

I ride almost exclusively with two wheeled riders. It is my job to keep up and blend in with their riding style. As long as I can do that, they are happy to have me. I would hate to be excluded because I have an additional wheel UNLESS it slows them down or takes away from their ride in a meaningful way. Then, it doesn't matter if I'm on two wheels or three wheels; I don't belong in the group.

Your group, your rules about how to organize the ride. You can plan it for what Spyders, but I'd keep it open to anybody who can keep up and respect the rules.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default this is the way - our token two wheels

Nice weather here in Vic, Oz ...

Spyder Garage

The Maryland Spyder Web frequently rides with a group of Blue Knights on two wheels. Also, some of our members have spouses who have two-wheelers and ride with us.

If you are mature, safe riders, there is no problem with a mixed group.

If you are a bunch of immature riders, who feel you have something to prove, then, perhaps, it isn't such a good idea . . . but it that case, even riding just three wheels or just two wheels isn't such a good idea, either . . .

"Topper" is my Pearl White 2013 RT-LTD

Professional Retiree - liked it so much when I retired from the USAF, that I started another career so I could do it again!

Happy to be a member of the Maryland Spyder Web - find us at

http://www.meetup.com/MarylandSpyderWeb/

2013 RT Limited , White (the fastest color!)

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Two and Three Wheelers

O.K... Is there anyone else out there from Colorado? I have not really gotten the response I was looking for. I have heard from West Virginia, Australia, LA California, Columbia MO, Bryant Arkansas, Chugiak Alaska, Las Vegas, and San Diego California. It's time for Colorado to sound off, jtpollock.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Two and Three Wheelers

Hay Colorado... Still looking for a response we are meeting a Old Chicago on Saturday is anyone going to show-up??? jtpollock