Thread: Discount Ramps

Spyder Garage

Default Discount Ramps

Has anyone used this trailer. If so how did you like it?

http://www.discountramps.com/motorcy...ler/p/BW-TBMT/

Butch
    2022 F3 Limited , Monolith Black / Dark

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DriftersWay View Post

Butch

Looks nice, 12" wheels, independent suspension, two separate locking compartments. Carpeted interior with lights. Slight concern that he mentions slight chips and scratches several times, but price seems very good.

Cruzr joe

Found this additional info.

Additional Information:

• Overall Size: 90"L x 40-1/2"W x 38-1/2"H
    • Weight: 220 lbs.
    • Weight Capacity: 600 lbs.
    • Storage Capacity: 20 cubic ft.
    • Rear storage Compartment Size: 47"L x 26-1/2 to 37"W x 19-21"H
    • Front Compartment Size: 12-20"L x 13-29"W x 9-1/2 to 16"H
    • Coupler Ball Size: 1-7/8"
    • Safety Chains: Two included
    • Safety Chain Length: 17"
    Last edited by Cruzr Joe; 02-21-2015 at 02:50 PM.
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

It is 1.9 cu feet smaller in capacity than the BRP 622 trailer. Really a very little difference.
    Dan

2012 Viper Red Rt
    upgrades:
    Baja Ron's Anti-Sway
    Diamond-R Arm Rests
    Gloriders
    High mount brake light
    chrome front fender garnish
    Bad Boy Horn
    Chrome Deflector Rack
    Chrome Scuff Nose Accent
    Handlebar Grip Fringe
    Gremlin Bells

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default NICE

Quote Originally Posted by DriftersWay View Post

Butch
    I have built trailers for my Spyders .............I have bought Products from Discount Ramps , I like them......The good..Price ,....Looks excellent , has LED tailites with SEPARATE trn signal lites , so you could direct wire into the BRP harness without any convertors etc.....Has high speed tires ......Also this is one of the very few trls. that have TORSION INDEPENDANT SUSPENSION ......and this gives the best ride ( BRP trl is also independent BUT $ 4,500 ).......What they don't mention is the weight of the trailer ????......This is something you should find out.............PS ..Discount Ramps sells a lot of their stuff thru E-Bay and it's much cheaper there, so you might to investigate this option......Good Luck .......Mike ..................PPS....I did some more research on this trailer and the listed weight on for this trailer is 220 lbs so it's not exactly a lightweight......It is lighter than the BRP 622 though....
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 02-21-2015 at 08:00 PM.

Spyder Garage

Great info Mike. Thanks

Butch
    2022 F3 Limited , Monolith Black / Dark

Spyder Garage

Default Nice Little Trailer

It looks nice, I saw the same type of trailer from the same folks on eBay today for about $300 more but free shipping. There are some closeup pictures on youtube and you can see what looks like small scratches along the bottom of the trailer.

One thing I would be concerned with is the wheel alignment on the trailer. It looks like it has the nice kind of independent torsion suspension however each wheel is separate and attached to the frame instead of one square tube all the way across from one wheel to the other. You can see a brief underside view on youtube. If these are welded any alignment adjustments needed would be difficult.

Charles
    Current:
    2016 Honda CTX700 DCT ABS (faring model)
    Kip Moto SherpaX Cargo Trailer

Wife Has:
    2014 Can-Am Spyder RT Limited
    2016 Lees-ure Lite Camping Trailer

Previous:
    2013 Can-Am Spyder RS SE5, zoom-zoom!
    2011 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SE5, Foot Burner - Gasoline Boiling Stinker - Gas Tank Vacuum Puller

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Trailer

I can't tell you how happy I am that you posted this link. I like it and am considering a trailer. Thanks!

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

One downside, maybe, depending on how you view it, is the fact it is two separate compartments. You can't carry stuff as long as you could if it were all one compartment.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default I FOUND THESE TWO ALSO

From USA trailer in Greeneville So.Carolina..E-Bay item #'s ...361219413722 & 13143405704.....Both are similar , both have 16inch motorcycle wheels and tires, both are quite a bit lighter, both are about $ 700 more but only 1/2 as much to ship.......I do believe both have independent suspension.....................Mike

Spyder Garage

ebay has a brand new black rt-622 for 2,750

type in 2013 can am trailer

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer