Spyder Garage

Default After market exhaust wanted

Greeting friends,

I am in search of a gently used after market exhaust for a 2010 RS SE5. I found some good deals on nice pipes on ebay, but none of them seem to be compatable with my machine. Hoping that someone out there traded their ride in and put the OEM back on, or someone bought an exhaust but it just wasnt the sound they were looking for.

Also it would be a huge plus if it was black andd not shiny. I dont have chrome on my ride and I think it may look a little out of place.

Thanks for reading.
    Last edited by TLesky; 02-20-2015 at 03:00 PM.

Spyder Garage

Default Surprised..!!

that those on ebay did not fit your machine. I got my Hindle and the Yoshimura R77 for my RS (same pipe for the RSS and the GS) from ebay. You can check the for sale forum here for pipe, they pop up from time to time. The yoshimura runs in the $300's and comes with a removable baffle. Gives you great low end power. I could send you my hindle but it rattled apart three time and need major repairs...project for later on great pipe as well but falls apart easily...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Dont get me wrong there are some good deals there but most of what I have been finding on ebay that will work has been brand new and more in the $500 range or more. I did find an awsome Voodoo dual but it wasnt for mine. Also, I think that gently used with a little lower price may be better for me. I cant imagine what my wife would do if I sank $500-600 into a new exhaust, and it was too loud for her. After all, she is right next to it.
    Last edited by TLesky; 02-20-2015 at 03:01 PM.

Spyder Garage

Default FUNNY

Quote Originally Posted by TLesky View Post
    Greeting friends,

I am in search of a gently used after market exhaust for a 2010 RS SE5. I found some good deals on nice pipes on ebay, but none of them seem to be compatable with my machine. Hoping that someone out there traded their ride in and put the OEM back on, or someone bought an exhaust but it just wasnt the sound they were looking for.

Also it would be a huge plus if it was black andd not shiny. I dont have chrome on my ride and I think it may look a little out of place.

Thanks for reading.
    FUNNY you should post this today.... i just took off an After-Market Muffler from my '09 RS today.... it's FOR SALE and i figured it would sell faster with the OEM muffler on it....
    here's some pix of it:

i painted it 'black' because i didn't care for the shinny stuff... just the end cap is shinny now.... it comes with the 90 degree pipe, and is a bolt-on set up....
    make me an offer if interested....
    Dan P
    Easley, SC
    SPYD3R
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Thank you for your reply and pics. Could I get more info on it? Maker. Loud, quiet, or in between? Original price?

Thanks again

Spyder Garage

I haye asking so many questions but its tough for me to make an offer when I am just not sure what it is or where to start. I am interested.

Spyder Garage

Default Tank bag???

Quote Originally Posted by SPYD3R View Post

Hey...what brand/model tank bag do you have on this thing? I may be interested in one if it will work with an ST-S. Thanks!!
    Life's short...Play it by ear and ryde!

Spyder Garage

Default tank bag

Quote Originally Posted by bayoumanPIBE View Post
    Hey...what brand/model tank bag do you have on this thing? I may be interested in one if it will work with an ST-S. Thanks!!
    the Tank Bag is a SEDICI and i bought it at CYCLE GEAR.... was on sale for $39.99 but that was 4 yrs ago.... it's held up superbly, and comes with a 'rain-cover'...
    dp

Spyder Garage

Default PM

Quote Originally Posted by TLesky View Post
    I haye asking so many questions but its tough for me to make an offer when I am just not sure what it is or where to start. I am interested.
    PM me your phone number and i'll call you...
    Dan P

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

HMF. IMHO, nothing I've heard sounds better. It can be had brand new for $275 shipped.