Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default heat

May 29, 2015 . Last business day of the month.

Spyder Garage

Found on Twitter yesterday:

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by tigerdr; 05-15-2015 at 01:27 PM.

Spyder Garage

BUT did they say MAY of this year... sorry i just had to say that
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Spyder Garage

The best part is: « parts will be ready ».

Spyder Garage

Default heat

The question is will the dealers be ready?

Spyder Garage

dealers hate work like this because if it takes any amount to time the mfg. never pays the dealer rates and never allows enough time for the job. so a low volume spyder dealer stands to lose money on this type of work
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Spyder Garage

I would think that since this is not "warranty work" the dealer will get the "full ride" when it comes to billing.

Chris

Spyder Garage

Recalls are like warranty work and some times will pay less.I.m sure the dealers will loose money on this but the big thing is customer satisfactionIf this is done right repeat customers will help the dealers in the long run.Good luck
    Bill
    2018 RT Anniversary , Brake pedal extended

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ekfraz View Post
    The question is will the dealers be ready?
    The dealers do not know anything about this recall. Look at past posts on this thread, and you will see many folks saying exactly that. My dealer has no information whatsoever. Bad enough that BRP keeps us in the dark, But not informing dealers of their upcoming workload seems shortsighted to me. Meanwhile, we wait.
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by oldguyinCT View Post
    The dealers do not know anything about this recall. Look at past posts on this thread, and you will see many folks saying exactly that. My dealer has no information whatsoever. Bad enough that BRP keeps us in the dark, But not informing dealers of their upcoming workload seems shortsighted to me. Meanwhile, we wait.
    Oldguy, Wouldn't informing the dealers be the same thing as informing everybody? All it would take is one employee at one dealer to "leak" the info and EVERYBODY EVERYWHERE knows.
    Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link
    May ALL your roads be beautiful
    Greisemer's Mill Bridge, Oley, PA
    2013 RT Limited , Lava Bronze with Antler Brown Seat

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by robmorg View Post
    Oldguy, Wouldn't informing the dealers be the same thing as informing everybody? All it would take is one employee at one dealer to "leak" the info and EVERYBODY EVERYWHERE knows.
    I think the point is they do not even know one is coming this month not what it will be.
    2013 Mag Silver SE5 RT BahaRon Sway bar & Sway bar links, Grip Puppies, Kuryakyn Helmet locks , Ultimate Seat w/Utopia Backrest, Dash power outlet, Spyderpops BumpSkid, Swagman Cup holders, Full size Brake Pedal, Seal DLX Floorboards, Freeway Blaster horns, Sylvania Super Bright fender LEDs, Scotchlite 680 Rear & Fender Reflectors, BRP Fog Light Kit, LED Mirror turn signal strips, 2014 RT grille mod. Outlaw Laser Alignment

Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

got my canister changed this past week, my dealer went out of his way to get my warranty & that is why i go
    back to him again & again. my gas smell is gone
    thank you mineola moto

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cuznjohn View Post
    dealers hate work like this because if it takes any amount to time the mfg. never pays the dealer rates and never allows enough time for the job. so a low volume spyder dealer stands to lose money on this type of work
    Unless the dealer sees this as additional traffic to their dealership and entices them to buy something. Like update your Spyder and get 10% off...

Just sayin'
    2021 Sea to Sky, 2013 RT Ltd, 2005 Bombardier Outlander ATV

Spyder Garage

Oh I'll be skeptical and stay May 28th.
    Boris the Spyder
    2015 RT-S SE6
    See The Who video of Boris the Spyder

Spyder Garage

Default Heat

I don't think they will make it this month, I have trying to give then the benifit of the doubt by being patient and optimistic.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default 27000 views

Have you noticed there have been over 27,000 views of this thread ?
    If say 7000 are 'repeat' views - that leaves 20,000 individuals who've checked out this whole situation - some watching to see how it's been resolved, even if they own a different model, but I'd also guess some are 'potential' spyder riders...
    Either way, there is definitely a lot of ongoing interest in this, and I'd guess a very large number of people making bets on dates for the details of the fix and the fix itself. We're still taking bets on when the F3 will actually be available to ride (let alone buy) in Australia - though they're apparently for sale in the showrooms in Vietnam!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ekfraz View Post
    I don't think they will make it this month, I have trying to give then the benifit of the doubt by being patient and optimistic.
    The part about having parts ready is BS too. I talked to my dealer to get on the list and you know they are going to have to order parts to do this. Last recall took several weeks for the parts to come in after I set up an appointment. Why hasn't BRP told their dealer to accept appointments regardless of when the parts come in. I told my dealer on the last recall to put me on the list and call me when the parts arrive. Is that so hard to do?
    2013 Mag Silver SE5 RT BahaRon Sway bar & Sway bar links, Grip Puppies, Kuryakyn Helmet locks , Ultimate Seat w/Utopia Backrest, Dash power outlet, Spyderpops BumpSkid, Swagman Cup holders, Full size Brake Pedal, Seal DLX Floorboards, Freeway Blaster horns, Sylvania Super Bright fender LEDs, Scotchlite 680 Rear & Fender Reflectors, BRP Fog Light Kit, LED Mirror turn signal strips, 2014 RT grille mod. Outlaw Laser Alignment

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Frankly; I'm becoming surprised at how many people seem to be SURE, that BRP is in the midst of some sort of conspiracy/cover-up/denial over all of this...
    They said May: at least let May 31st get here, before you start bashing them.
    A repair to this many bikes can't happen overnight... Give Peace a Chance!

2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN View Post
    got my canister changed this past week, my dealer went out of his way to get my warranty & that is why i go
    back to him again & again. my gas smell is gone
    thank you mineola moto
    al they changed the canister on your bike once when i had it also, so your bike had 2 canisters done
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Spyder Garage

all we are sayin is give peace a chance

Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cuznjohn View Post
    al they changed the canister on your bike once when i had it also, so your bike had 2 canisters done
    I hope this one stays good, i know last year it had a serious gas smell when it got hot

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN View Post
    I hope this one stays good, i know last year it had a serious gas smell when it got hot

With the current design, it will last until the new carbon is saturated with fuel vapors. In hot weather, a few days riding.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    With the current design, it will last until the new carbon is saturated with fuel vapors. In hot weather, a few days riding.

2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by loisk View Post
    Have you noticed there have been over 27,000 views of this thread ?
    If say 7000 are 'repeat' views - that leaves 20,000 individuals who've checked out this whole situation -
    I think it's the other way around, 7000, or maybe only 700, viewers coming back time and again. I've been here at least 20 times as I get notifications of new posts.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    Maybe until noon on a hot day. Been there, done that.

RT and Gold Wing States & Provinces