Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by anthony422 View Post
    Stamford Motor Sports huh??
    Good dealer, they have helped me out a lot. Not their fault - or any other dealer's - that BRP's parts supply chain is abysmal. Hopefully, the supply side will be improved for the recall.
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DrewNJ View Post
    Boom!
    Drew, Thanks for not posting that in BOLD letters. It would have scared me.
    Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link
    May ALL your roads be beautiful
    Greisemer's Mill Bridge, Oley, PA
    2013 RT Limited , Lava Bronze with Antler Brown Seat

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by robmorg View Post
    Drew, Thanks for not posting that in BOLD letters. It would have scared me.
    Lol....it was a subtle, uneventful boom.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You mean that it wasn't a...

2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Just had my canister weighed & changed, no gas smell on sunday ride, also had heated grip & turn signal switch
    warranteed

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by WasWinger View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Huddleston View Post
    I won't have a problem with body panel alteration, except for the front end look of the F3...
    You have nothing to worry about!
    Mac,

But do you LIKE what you saw in that picture?
    Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link

Spyder Garage

My only question at this time is that May is almost half over and nothing is out yet let alone scheduling. A heads up on what the fix would be would at least ease the minds of some of us.

Spyder Garage

Default I agree

Quote Originally Posted by Commander View Post
    My only question at this time is that May is almost half over and nothing is out yet let alone scheduling. A heads up on what the fix would be would at least ease the minds of some of us.
    You know since it is May 11, 2015 it would be really nice to at least tell us the owners of the 2013 RT's what they are planning and maybe give us some photos of the changes so that we can start to alleviate our waiting dilemma's oh wait how much did we spend on these??? Instead of keeping us in the dark, why not release the changes and let us start getting on board with it. Don't treat the owners as adversary's but as partners since we are the one's buying these products. I have to say each day that passes it just adds to the frustration level.
    2015 RT , Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by arsquatch View Post
    You know since it is May 11, 2015 it would be really nice to at least tell us the owners of the 2013 RT's what they are planning and maybe give us some photos of the changes so that we can start to alleviate our waiting dilemma's oh wait how much did we spend on these???
    Hi arsquatch,

It's no one's intention to keep anyone in the dark here. We announced the recall as early as possible to let folks know what was coming down the pipeline and added that we'd have more details sometime in May; we're still on target for that.

I mentioned that as soon as we had everything lined up and ready to go, that I'd proactively share all the details here, and I will. I completely understand and empathize with your frustration, and we're focused on communicating the plans for the recall as quickly and transparently as possible.
    Last edited by BRPcare; 05-11-2015 at 03:45 PM.
    BRPcare
    Social Consumer Experience Team

Spyder Garage

Default Thank You Steve@BRP Care...

Quote Originally Posted by BRPcare View Post
    Hi arsquatch,

It's no one's intention to keep anyone in the dark here. We announced the recall early to let folks know what was coming down the pipeline and added that we'd have more details sometime in May; we're still on target for that.

I mentioned that as soon as we had everything lined up and ready to go, that I'd proactively share all the details here, and I will. I completely understand and empathize with your frustration, and we're focused on communicating the plans for the recall as quickly and transparently as possible.
    Thanks Steve at BRP Care, I appreciate you responding. I am not trying to act like a pain in the butt, just saying we are almost half way through and sharing with the owners would be a huge benefit to us. There is lots of speculation and I try not to buy into the rhetoric, but it would be great to have a better target date or some information to assist us / me in our frustration as we know summer is almost here, and planning our long vacation rides and what not hinges on this recall.
    2015 RT , Black

Spyder Garage

Default i am not looking to start a argument here but

people think,,, WE HAVE A ANSWER BUT WE ARE WAITING FOR PARTS or something like that. i read between the lines and you don't want to hear what i see. it's may 11th right now, so what would hurt saying what the fix is going to be. could it be that the 13rt owners are not going to like the fix. it could also be that they are testing the fix on a few of their bikes and it is not working out the way they would hope it would. there is 20 more days left in may b4 we go into june. i just wish you all good luck.
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by robmorg View Post
    Mac,

But do you LIKE what you saw in that picture?
    Lets just say I did not hate it!

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by WasWinger View Post
    Lets just say I did not hate it!
    Fair enough. Thanks.

Spyder Garage

Default rt heat

Any Hints?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ekfraz View Post
    Any Hints?
    I notice that you have a 2013 RT, which is will be addressed very shortly. BRP is not officially saying anything yet, but is still promising to have the pertinent facts in all of our hands by the end of this month. If you are looking for advance "hints", there are some sketchy ones beginning at about page 10 of this thread, that came out at Spyderfest.
    Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link

Spyder Garage

Default heat

I am just anxious like waiting to open a Christmas present, If they do right with the repairs then my wife said she wants one.

Spyder Garage

Hello,

The timeframe mentioned on the Transport Canada page for the recall is by May; and we don't anticipate it being any different for the United States. As for shop time, as soon as there's an accurate estimate available I'll post it here.
    Hi arsquatch,

It's no one's intention to keep anyone in the dark here. We announced the recall as early as possible to let folks know what was coming down the pipeline and added that we'd have more details sometime in May; we're still on target for that.

Perhaps what we thought was going to happen in May has been "walked back"? Just sayin. For me it makes no difference. It will be done when it will be done. I'm just glad it is gonna be done.

​Chris

Spyder Garage

Hi arsquatch,

"Steve,
    Along with the frustration of not knowing when the problem will be fixed we are also being held back from any mods we may want to do from possibly wraps, painting mufflers, etc. why should we have to pay twice to have the same mod done? At least if we know what panels or areas of the Spyder will be affected we can move on with some things"

Spyder Garage

Default Down time?

I'd like to know how long the will be in the shop. If a long process do I wait till end of the riding season? or bite the bullet? If we choose to wait and something happens to the will BRP attempt to hide behind the advisory letter they sent to all 2013 RT owners?

Ride safe!
    2022 Sea-T0-Sky

Spyder Garage

Default red tape

I'd bet dollars to doughnuts this is just corporate red tape. This is a big deal from the corporate perspective and they need approval from every possibly relevant department (legal, compliance, finance, executive, engineering, production). Those reviews and meetings just take a few weeks.

Spyder Garage

Hi arsquatch,
    What I find interesting is that nei

I find it interesting that the two dealers I use have no idea of time for recall work. And still have 2013 for sale. Don't they at least need a time frame to schedule work. Riding season short in the north and have already had 90 degree weather. And why hasn't BRP halted the sale of 2013 till after repair?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post

I know that it's been tough for you; Hang in there!
    And still hanging.

Just saying.. Mid month, today's the 15th....
    We continue to wait while still inhaling gasoline fumes.
    Yes I'm very sceptical ..Bob
    Last edited by condorflysu; 05-15-2015 at 09:12 AM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Be careful...
    Inhaling enough of those fumes, will get you high enough to go duck hunting with a rake!

Spyder Garage

and the big announce will probably not be next monday... It's an holiday here in Canada.

may be tueday...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

We should probably start a pool about the announcement date...
    May 29th...